Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s an aside but i find it very funny how quite obviously Blinkin is so poo poo at his job that Biden, a fragile 900 year old mummy, has to go to a conflict zone to bolster support for israel

compare with russias Lavrov or the myriad of chinese ambassadors, none of them are having to get the boss over to actually sort things out

lavrov is generally considered one of the smartest guys in international diplomacy, or at least he was until a couple of years ago, it's not a fair comparison imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

hamas does have heavier stuff than the quds rockets which they use sometimes, but i have never seen them use anything approaching this size. if they had a giant missile laying around they probably would've fired it during the initial surprise attack rather than try to get it off while under extremely heavy bombardment by the enemy.

Yeah like I am sure there are weapons in the Hamas armament that are a serious threat to Israeli soldiers in lightly armored positions

But the biggest bomb I've ever seen hamas soldiers standing next to was about half the size of a JDAM and I know that Hamas doesn't have access to high grade military explosives

I would think we'd have seen attacks like this within the Israeli border at some point if this was actually a capability Hamas had

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

IOF propaganda in Israel: Hamas is made up of human animals. Everyone in Gaza is Hamas. We will wipe Hamas clean.
IOF propaganda in the US: We fight not only for our own democracy, but to bring democracy to the Palestinians too.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

This is footage of the strike. It is very clearly a missile strike from a warplane

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1714337776873640216

jfc

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Cheen posted:

can someone let israel know that hamas has built tunnels under the white house and their command and control is operating out of them

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

we literally watched the message shift and change to fit a narrative in real time. not often you get to see that. absolutely 0 western journalists will cover it and will accept the debris story unconditionally

I see you have not been in the Ukraine thread. Or the covid thread, come to think of it.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lpzie posted:

Netanyahu is Hitler 2

Many people are saying this

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the idea that this is a palestinian missile is just insultingly stupid. i'm sure that hamas launches fail fairly regularly and cause damage within gaza, especially under the present extremely hosed conditions, but come on

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Pobrecito posted:

i wonder what it would take before the us actually publicly rebuked israel and/or cut ties. like obviously this wouldn't cut it. the slowish genocide of palestinians clearly isnt enough. maybe using their nukes? thats about the only thing i can think of and im still not sure we would actually cut ties

"Hamas misfire causes massive nuclear explosion in Gaza"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

IOF propaganda in Israel: Hamas is made up of human animals. Everyone in Gaza is Hamas. We will wipe Hamas clean.
IOF propaganda in the US: We fight not only for our own democracy, but to bring democracy to the Palestinians too.

same energy as a Ukrainian explaining to CNN reporters what the patches on their plate carrier stand for

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

PawParole posted:

are there any protests or something going on this week?

Minneapolis right now
https://twitter.com/AntiwarMN/status/1714416732943634516?s=20
we had a big rally over the weekend too

edit: this is a very busy area too, big intersection to shut down

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

the idea that this is a palestinian missile is just insultingly stupid. i'm sure that hamas launches fail fairly regularly and cause damage within gaza, especially under the present extremely hosed conditions, but come on

total casualties for all rocket strikes in the last 20 years is like less than 100 people, its astronomically stupid

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

the most damaging attack hamas ever accomplished, from the debris of a misfired rocket

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

why the gently caress is the governor of new york going to israel

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Grapplejack posted:

Probably to check up on the NYPD branch there

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

trying to one-up Eric Adams. They both believe they'll be president some day.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

just finished work and saw something on the times about the hospital and a misfired rocket, thought "what...?"

looked into it and...

how is any of this defensible by anyone. gently caress joe biden for going to israel. death to israel. this is horrific.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

the US ruling class is incredibly proud of the genocide Israel has carried out so far

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

to check in on her dual citizenship settlers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

Leader of the worlds second most populated jewish state visits first

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

most of the bigger Israeli shitheads are her constituents

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

antisemitism has no place here

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

You know what happened the last time a state governor and the president were visiting a city together?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

we literally watched the message shift and change to fit a narrative in real time. not often you get to see that. absolutely 0 western journalists will cover it and will accept the debris story unconditionally

it's all we ever watch happen. the system generates every possible viewpoint and lets generalized market forces go to town until they're all synchronized.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/yalawiya/status/1714377950534008960?s=20

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

this implies he doesn't just do it in plain sight

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

The point of the lies is not for you to believe it. You're already posting in CSPAM. The point is to give Israel supporters a sliver of denial to cling to, so they don't get swept away in the moral outrage, so they don't change their minds. The plausibility of the counternarrative doesn't really matter. It doesn't need to hold up forever.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

You know what happened the last time a state governor and the president were visiting a city together?

Jeb Bush is called to follow in his father's footsteps in a way he didn't expect

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

mags posted:

I love notepad++

:same:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ Joe Biden's foreign policy

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Grapplejack posted:

A combination of hochul (and adams fwiw) being a massive toadies, and some of new york's power brokers being unabashed zionists. It all just comes with the territory.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

DTNY

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

How do people even keep up with this thread? I try to check in as often as I can, but every time there's five hundred to a thousand new posts.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

moths posted:

Why does this have a Cyrillic watermark?

Голос Израиля | Израиль Война - Новости - Ближний Восток posted:

The official press service of Hamas at 20:14 declares that for the first time they launched a powerful R160 rocket towards Haifa.

Nothing arrived in Haifa. But a minute later it arrived at the hospital in Gaza.

At 20:23, the Hamas press service wrote that it had arrived at the hospital.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Yeah like I am sure there are weapons in the Hamas armament that are a serious threat to Israeli soldiers in lightly armored positions

But the biggest bomb I've ever seen hamas soldiers standing next to was about half the size of a JDAM and I know that Hamas doesn't have access to high grade military explosives

I would think we'd have seen attacks like this within the Israeli border at some point if this was actually a capability Hamas had

The Fajr-5 has 95 kg of HE in its warhead, and the JDAM can fit a warhead up to 900 kg.

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1714350115312255019

Am i crazy or was the attack initially reported during the 7 PM hour aka 19:00, not 20:00

I've read that it was initially reported after 7:20, but I haven't seen one of those reports. Now the IDF claims it was the explosion at 8:00 pm where a Hamas-fired rocket miraculously failed in a way that made it sound just like a JDAM and then it slammed into the hospital

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they did, the soviets kept his skull in the kremlin as a war trophy

to elaborate on this, the whole "they never found Hitler's body" myth is a result of a practical joke that Stalin was playing on Zhukov. Basically Stalin kept sending orders to Zhukov to find Hitler's body and Zhukov had the Red Army tearing apart Berlin to find it. After a month or so of that, Zhukov was ordered back to Moscow where he thought he was going to be sacked or shot for not finding the body... only to have Stalin pull out a skull with a head wound and say, "Hey look it's Hitler's skull, pretty cool? Beria got it for me."

So the west only heard about the first part (Stalin angrily demanding that they find the body and Zhukov frantically searching for it) but not the second and so the myth was born.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

be aware of the voice of israel, indeed