Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

I remember when my morning poo poo misfired and took out a 1000 people in a hospital once, it happens.

I had something like this happen once. I was once throwing rocks at cars as a kid*, and one of the rocks hit a hospital instead of a car. The hospital is gone now, and I have to live with that guilt.

* this part is actually true, for some reason my friend and I decided to blindly throw rocks over the hill behind my house where cars were driving, using the sound of the cars as a guide. We ended up hitting one (or at least I'm 95% sure we did based off the sound) and realized we should probably stop before getting in major trouble.

Feel bad for the poor person driving around in 1994 who suddenly had a rock come out of nowhere and crack their windshield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chamale posted:

The Fajr-5 has 95 kg of HE in its warhead, and the JDAM can fit a warhead up to 900 kg.

I've read that it was initially reported after 7:20, but I haven't seen one of those reports. Now the IDF claims it was the explosion at 8:00 pm where a Hamas-fired rocket miraculously failed in a way that made it sound just like a JDAM and then it slammed into the hospital

Israel is not bringing their propaganda a game, they've been churning out a bunch of real knee slappers. obviously didn't have time to workshop.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

the most damaging attack hamas ever accomplished, from the debris of a misfired rocket

Also the idea that mangled debris is aerodynamically capable of making a near supersonic whistle as it falls feels laughable to me.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mushika posted:

How do people even keep up with this thread? I try to check in as often as I can, but every time there's five hundred to a thousand new posts.

skip to the end and read backwards or don't and post dti

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

are you telling me all these lovely people are on their way to israel and will be gathered in one place? i sure hope no one finds out where!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Exactly this but there is no cape

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mushika posted:

How do people even keep up with this thread? I try to check in as often as I can, but every time there's five hundred to a thousand new posts.

Go to a couple pages before the end and read from there. If anything major happened, it'll become apparent.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Mushika posted:

It's not really possible, even when slowmode was on the best you can do is read the most recent couple pages, get really mad, and then go do something else because there's nothing any of us can do to stop this

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

I see you have not been in the Ukraine thread. Or the covid thread, come to think of it.

aren't there 2 of each of those?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

https://twitter.com/prosty_VA/status/1394051246139613188

dti
Oct 17, 2023

by Modern Video Games

Google Butt posted:

skip to the end and read backwards or don't and post dti

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Went for a 1.5 hour walk outside to see if I could stop being angry. It didnt work

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

dti
Oct 17, 2023

by Modern Video Games

GenghisTron posted:

are you telling me all these lovely people are on their way to israel and will be gathered in one place? i sure hope no one finds out where!

let there please be a thing

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

dti

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1714421426621473137

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The obviously-bullshit propaganda they're putting out isn't for people paying any amount of attention to the conflict, it's so people who hear about poo poo on the news or whatever can just hear "Israel contests these claims" or "an IDF spokesman says Hamas did it" and for the consumption of the psycho pieces of poo poo who support them.

I really hope the mass protests make people realize how awful the situation really is, and Netanyahu's government collapses from within, and we see civil rights granted to the Palestinians. I know I might as well be wishing for a unicorn, but every other alternative is horrific.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
israel has successfully muddied the waters imo

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

:smith:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1714420815393931451

quote:

Biden: I am outraged and deeply saddened by the explosion at the hospital in Gaza, and the terrible loss of life that resulted. Immediately upon hearing this news, I have directed my national security team to continue gathering information about what exactly happened. The United States stands unequivocally for the protection of civilian life during conflict and we mourn the patients, medical staff and other innocents killed or wounded in this tragedy

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I had something like this happen once. I was once throwing rocks at cars as a kid*, and one of the rocks hit a hospital instead of a car. The hospital is gone now, and I have to live with that guilt.

* this part is actually true, for some reason my friend and I decided to blindly throw rocks over the hill behind my house where cars were driving, using the sound of the cars as a guide. We ended up hitting one (or at least I'm 95% sure we did based off the sound) and realized we should probably stop before getting in major trouble.

Feel bad for the poor person driving around in 1994 who suddenly had a rock come out of nowhere and crack their windshield.

MOTHERFUCKER

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Jimong5 posted:

Also the idea that mangled debris is aerodynamically capable of making a near supersonic whistle as it falls feels laughable to me.

yeah its fully impossible

a piece of a damaged rocket cannot go that fast

if it is going that fast it'll tumble and lose its speed very quickly and even if that was happening as it was inbound you'd be able to hear it, that was going in a straight line

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol this is entirely garbage and worthless

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr. Biden is very upset with his soon to be hosts. You can tell because he didn't mention Israel once.

But yeah overall, this won't play back home Jack

HallelujahLee posted:

lol this is entirely garbage and worthless

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Go to a couple pages before the end and read from there. If anything major happened, it'll become apparent.

Geight posted:

It's not really possible, even when slowmode was on the best you can do is read the most recent couple pages, get really mad, and then go do something else because there's nothing any of us can do to stop this

Thanks! I'll do that. Especially the getting mad part.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/samhusseini/status/1714358411884716316

The Failing NY Times does it again!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Wait......Homelander bad?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nonsense posted:

lmao @ Joe Biden's foreign policy

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Crazypoops posted:

I remember when my morning poo poo misfired and took out a 1000 people in a hospital once, it happens.

Username checks out

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

wow critical support for the idf I guess

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Specifically the one left behind in Minas Ithil

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

err posted:

israel has successfully muddied the waters imo

yep, after talking to an ex-Navy SEAL who said it couldn't possibly have been a JDAM because it wasn't a precision strike and only a secondary explosion caused damage, not the initial hit (literally opposite of reality), the CNN anchor said, "well it doesn't matter what the facts ultimately are, people will still believe Israel did this" and went on to lament the rush to protest by people in Jordan and Lebanon

that's what the story will be no matter what: blaming Israel because they already hate Israel

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tsitsikovas posted:

A combination of hochul (and adams fwiw) being a massive toadies, and some of new york's power brokers being unabashed zionists. It all just comes with the territory.

Good thing dual loyalty isn't real. That would sure be awkward.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

are you kidding me jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1714411571353444372?t=ASn4f_11BnNUUW0FGz_ktQ&s=19