Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Both the Phillies and Rangers feel like teams of destiny which is a cool matchup for the World Series. I’ll be rooting for the Rangers though, always default to teams without a title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
that's a terrible thing to think you shouldn't admit that to anyone ever when it's The Rangers

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

illcendiary posted:

Both the Phillies and Rangers feel like teams of destiny which is a cool matchup for the World Series. I’ll be rooting for the Rangers though, always default to teams without a title

:hmmyes:

maffew buildings posted:

that's a terrible thing to think you shouldn't admit that to anyone ever when it's The Rangers

:hmmno:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWIP/status/1714383437388189807

why would they do this

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Look he said that off the record, it is not cool for SPORTSRADIO 94WIP to have tweeted that!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's funny cause he's also kind of admitting Chase Field isn't as loud considering it's not an open air stadium like Citizens Bank Park.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1714342197565231302?s=20

how many people gotta poke the bear before everyone else learns
Sure, let's throw bloody meat to the bear, see what happens.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

illcendiary posted:

Sorry sir but the correct answer is the Phillies. That will set you back $1000

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

There's like a zero percent chance this is true but these playoffs are like "nuh uh my stadium is louder than yours" grade school stuff.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Astro bad, very sad.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

MrMidnight posted:

There's like a zero percent chance this is true but these playoffs are like "nuh uh my stadium is louder than yours" grade school stuff.

I don't know if that works very well with Philly fans though. They seem to take things personally

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

It's definitely my preference, but sometimes poo poo happens

It's not like he was getting hammered, wasn't it something like gb single, bloop single, error?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

thehoodie posted:

I don't know if that works very well with Philly fans though. They seem to take things personally

Phillies fans sure are a contentious group.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dameius posted:

Phillies fans sure are a contentious group.

we're precocious little scamps i'll admit

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
I'm not rooting for The Rangers, I'm rooting for Bruce Bochy to troll the baseball world once again

(and against the Astros for a variety of obvious reasons)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Rangers-Astros game 1 was apparently the highest rated LCS game 1 since 2015.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

General Dog posted:

Rangers-Astros game 1 was apparently the highest rated LCS game 1 since 2015.

Thinking about that tweet claiming an all texas alcs would be bad for ratings

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Thinking about that tweet claiming an all texas alcs would be bad for ratings

Da west and east coasts can eat my entire assssssssssssssssss

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think we can all agree that this strategy of poo poo-talking the opposing fans before an away game did not backfire on the Diamondbacks at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1714312259885834662?s=46&t=JhgoZuREvqDMngzogtBiUg

lmao

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I was living in Boston when that happened and it was bonkers. I watched game 7 from a dive bar across the street from Fenway called PJ Kilroy's that had Busch Lite on tap for $0.75. We flooded onto the streets after they won.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was at work waiting tables for the bloody sock game, I can still remember watching it on the TV we had in the cocktail area.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shinjobi posted:

Da west and east coasts can eat my entire assssssssssssssssss

:smug: Are we sure people in flyover country even have televisions?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/jomboymedia/status/1714482068325875905?s=46&t=b_sTCFGlS9dvmu_e1qhJPw

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s sad how police statey they get about people running on the field. It’s not that big of a deal

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

euphronius posted:

It’s sad how police statey they get about people running on the field. It’s not that big of a deal

Günter Parche sock account spotted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexspeier/status/1714647922489372829

Fuckin nobody wants this job

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ll do it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

I'm more annoyed how someone threw away presumably hundreds of dollars to do this before the game even started

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

euphronius posted:

Tom Gamboa would like to have a word

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Goon-run GM by committee has a pretty good record in OOTB.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Tom Gamboa would like to have a word
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ho1GHJMFJo

Apparently they both only received probation for this. The father violated the probation by stealing a car and did go to prison for a few years

edit: YouTube is saying it's age-restricted, but it's literally a clip from that night"s Sportscenter. They show the altercation but there's no blood or anything to that degree

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 18, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

Steffi Graf account spotted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It leads to a full minute of the camera on the pitcher staring into space while the announcers avoid talking about what's happening, wasting my time, thus the only appropriate penalty is Death

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Günter Parche sock account spotted

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Steffi Graf account spotted

:hf:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

It leads to a full minute of the camera on the pitcher staring into space while the announcers avoid talking about what's happening, wasting my time, thus the only appropriate penalty is Death

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

shyduck posted:

I'm more annoyed how someone threw away presumably hundreds of dollars to do this before the game even started

I'd read it was in the immediate aftermath of the final out, with the bullpen in the outfield walking towards their dugout.

Anyways, random security guards going American Gladiator on foolish schmucks is lovely to see. Unfortunately we've seen some isolated incidents over the years where the "fan" goes after a player or coach with malicious intent, so it is what it is.

The guy who escaped by climbing over the fence and up a hill behind center field should create a MasterClass video, help these thrill-seekers out.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zoux posted:

That’s correct

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wasn't it just this season where those 2 guys went right up to Acuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

That's gotta be Alvarado just losing his poo poo, but I can't tell who fell down laughing