Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spacemang_spliff posted:

How would the US sanction sales from Iran to China?

Dumbass Congress wants to drag an economic war with China into this too? lmao they've gone completely insane

sanctions are the only tool they have and they dont work anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Now going after the food supply

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1714453018169541024

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hearing that in the moments before interception the missile received the light of Islam and unhesitatingly recited the Shahada

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

goddamn it

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Why the gently caress are they talking about sanctions on Iran.

Oh who am I kidding, I know why

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Zoeb posted:

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm qualifying too much. I don't want people to get angry with me.

You're right that mass media isn't a giant web of conspiracies. The thing is that it just doesn't have to be; all the major media corporations are controlled by a handful of extremely wealthy people who all have extremely comparable goals. There really isn't much difference between the guys in charge of MSNBC and FOX, they want mostly the same things. So they hire journalists who are either smart enough to know what gets them a paycheck, or dumb enough to think that uncritically reporting whatever powerful people say somehow constitutes journalism. All the 24-hour news networks and Newspapers of Record are just a giant blob of dumbasses breathlessly saying "A THING HAPPENED, AUTHORITY FIGURE SAYS THING (good/bad)" because they have to fill air time and the people in charge are only concerned with making money and extending their influence.

Taking an actual critical eye to Israel/Palestine, or any other topic with a clear power disparity between victim and victimizer (like, say, police violence) gets them neither power nor influence, so being even vaguely critical of Israel becomes anti-semitism, being critical of cops means you love murderers and pedophiles, saying we shouldn't be funding Ukraine in the Ukraine/Russia war means you love Russia (Which means you're literally a communist, and they're worse than Hitler!), and so on, and so on.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Smythe posted:

i cant stand this. holy poo poo!!

Imagine how much more powerful libs would be if they knew how loving insufferable they were and adjusted.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Was this also a misfired rocket

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No_vgCkTv6c

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Was this also a misfired rocket

Hamas fiddled with the oven gas and it blew up

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

now hold on a second sir are you sure this was an israeli attack and not a fragment from a misfired 9kg palestinian rocket

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

People don't really understand munitions, which is fine, but common heat seeking munitions do not have warheads large enough to demolish 7 storey concrete structures. They have like 20lb fragmentation warheads, max.

There are a few highly specialized bombs, like the GBU-15 that are IR seeking, concrete penetrating and have large warheads. The US inventory is classified, but there's thought to be only a few of them and only F-15Es carry them.

All of which to say, almost certainly a JDAM anyway, but accidental targeting doesn't mesh with the ordnance used.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

allahu akbar

dti dta

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
"we have to make sacrifices to fight Hamas" is going to go over great with 8% inflation again lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

We're maybe two news cycles from 100,000 gazans commit mass suicide by bayonetting and gunshot to frame Israel for atrocities.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This reminds me,

Does the US still maintain they bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade by mistake?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"We can solo the entire Middle East" - nation that was beaten by the Taliban

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Frosted Flake posted:

People don't really understand munitions, which is fine, but common heat seeking munitions do not have warheads large enough to demolish 7 storey concrete structures. They have like 20lb fragmentation warheads, max.

There are a few highly specialized bombs, like the GBU-15 that are IR seeking, concrete penetrating and have large warheads. The US inventory is classified, but there's thought to be only a few of them and only F-15Es carry them.

All of which to say, almost certainly a JDAM anyway, but accidental targeting doesn't mesh with the ordnance used.

Would Hamas have access to the kind of weapon that can do the kind of damage to the hospital, as Israel is claiming happened? IDK poo poo about munitions but it seems unlikely to me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

The mod forum is in an uproar right now

I'd be very worried if I was a middle east state department stooge playing EVE online right about now

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

J DAM israel

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

No! No!!

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
This is Benghazi times 10

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

why do antisemites give unwavering, unqualified support for israel?

because when israel is destroyed, 7 million displaced jews are going to go to europe and the united states

Nazis see Israel as a laudable ethnic-state with a permanent violently-oppressed underclass. They want to replicate it sans the Jewishness.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

:burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh no what will hamas do without SWIFT access lmao

lol yeah

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/answercoalition/status/1714456172239978575

Protests in DC tonight

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

spacemang_spliff posted:

"we have to make sacrifices to fight Hamas" is going to go over great with 8% inflation again lol

lmao looking forward to election season and hearing dems try out the "who's gonna pay for it" line now

may the demon rats fall as the McDonalds in Turkey has fallen

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Frosted Flake posted:

Does the US still maintain they bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade by mistake?

It's simultaneously admitting "It's the only mission of the war planned out directly by a three letter agency" and deflecting with "We used old maps and quintuple-tapped the place, whoopsie. No, you can't see the old map"

So, you know, same old.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

This reminds me,

I mean, it certainly could be true

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't help but notice that the situation has escalated significantly since the permanent ban of CHUD KILLER 5000

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

spacemang_spliff posted:

How would the US sanction sales from Iran to China?

Dumbass Congress wants to drag an economic war with China into this too? lmao they've gone completely insane

I would bet money that 9 out of 10 congressmen couldn't explain what a sanction was to you on even the most basic, rudimentary level

We have never consistently used sanctions (as in, a way that is coherent and trackable from instance to instance) and they are poorly explained to the general public; to most people, it's a thing we do to Bad Guys to show them we're Tough on Bad Guys

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Has anyone seen Burger? Oh my god, is Burger okay??

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

my dad posted:

It's simultaneously admitting "It's the only mission of the war planned out directly by a three letter agency" and deflecting with "We used old maps and quintuple-tapped the place, whoopsie. No, you can't see the old map"

So, you know, same old.

it was either a three letter agency fuckup or a three letter agency “fuckup”

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is there any photographs of the damage to the hospital?

It'll be pretty freaking obvious whether it was a big beautiful American/Israeli Bomb or a 23mm rocket.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

ngl these chants are unwieldy, really should have practiced this beforehand

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

antipattern posted:

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in corporate newsrooms to see how this poo poo is disseminated. They all fell in line so quickly.

You can imagine the bullet points as they're rolled out.

Also from what's seen making the lib rounds online.