Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Rakosi posted:

https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1714539311914266931

IDF release alleged communications between Hamas operatives discussing it being a PIJ rocket.

If it is real and the translation is correct.... at no point do they say it is a Hamas or PIJ rocket. It's complete non-evidence. It's apparently two random guys going "Hey, they say it's OUR rocket!" "What? Who said this?" "THEY did! What the heck!?". It's just two guys discussing the fact that Hamas has been accused, but they obviously have no knowledge whatsoever. It'd be like presenting posts in this thread as proof of anything.

DelilahFlowers posted:

Why the gently caress have they not been using thosr then against the idf!?!? They saving them in case the idf bust out a gundam?!?

From my understanding they've been using them but they're kind of terrible for hitting anything that can move. They fire and go in a general direction, so despite the heavier payload they usually do minimal damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1714376703697355193?t=K2bkdCHFJ34h3SLkNKAKLg&s=19

Serious this is the loving country your trying to make excuses for.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Failed Imagineer posted:

I don't think Rakosi's Just Asking Questions act is fooling a single person posting or lurking in this thread tbh. Not even with the occasional "of course, i deplore some of the actions of the IDF" thrown in.

it's making me feel more like Israel is responsible than if I hadn't read his posts

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Starsfan posted:

do you think that is compelling evidence of Israel's version of events?

In combination with other images and footage and in light of there being precisely zero evidence to support the hamas claim, outside of that one clip some people think sounds like a JDAM, yes, I find it compelling.

Confirmation from the US intelligence agencies or some other third party, regarding the IDF assessment, would mostly settle it for me, at this point.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rakosi posted:

In combination with other images and footage and in light of there being precisely zero evidence to support the hamas claim, outside of that one clip some people think sounds like a JDAM, yes, I find it compelling.

Confirmation from the US intelligence agencies or some other third party, regarding the IDF assessment, would mostly settle it for me, at this point.

ooh nice subtle dig to characterize the people victimized by the attack as "hamas"

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Rakosi posted:

how can you possibly find that audio clip is compelling evidence of anything. You have no way to verify who those people are or whether they have knowledge of what happened.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Rakosi posted:

D-Did you even watch it?? It's literally two randos with no personal knowledge of the information discussing the fact that Israel is accusing Hamas of firing the missile. It's literally as compelling as any two people in this thread talking to each other.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it's making me feel more like Israel is responsible than if I hadn't read his posts

This is how I feel more and more.

Starsfan posted:

how can you possibly find that audio clip is compelling evidence of anything. You have no way to verify who those people are or whether they have knowledge of what happened.

They don't even act like they have knowledge. They're literally shocked at idea it could have been their rocket.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
As the field of fake audio logs collected from loot crates dropped by terrorist NPC's is still incredibly young, there are unfortunately no Israel guidelines for judging an entry, so I'll have to work off the Ukraine guidelines:

- No mention of how great Israel's streets are and how much more civilized they are
- No hamas conscript seeking out a ceramic toilet to gift to his chieftess
- Partner does not ask him to commit several rapes in his name by the end
- does not mention either of the Hamas soldier's incredibly tiny penis and low masculinity, barely even acknowleges the IDF's impressive virility
- Was not served on a tastefully weathered and cracked Samsung Galaxy S9+

In total, I have no choice but to provide [ISRAEL] Hamas Soldiers Get SPOOKED By Jihad Rocket! a 0/10

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Was the hospital leveled? Every video ive seen of istaeli bombings have completely destroyed the infrastructure

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

https://x.com/qudsn/status/1714521896723636575

Maybe something to consider before assigning blame for a blast that destroyed a hospital and killed more than 500 people is whether any such blast actually occurred.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If Israel had done this intentionally, why wouldn't they just say "Hamas terrorists were using civilians as human shields and launching rockets from the hospital parking lot" like they usually do?

Saying "We didn't do it" is a different kind of dishonesty--something they might say to mitigate international blowback from a targeted strike on civilians, but even then I can't imagine it would have been done intentionally. Nothing is gained from this at all in the current environment.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Rakosi posted:

US intelligence agencies are not a third party. They are intimately involved in the conflict and have a horse in the race. They are not above lying s history has shown. Also, as someone else mentioned, it is not a hamas claim, it is a witness claim. It is a survivor claim.

Rakosi posted:

I simultaneously think Israel is committing genocide while trying to remain objective when huge, unfolding events happen, and base my conclusions on what seems most likely based on the physical evidence available.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yeah it's just tough to read... Like I don't think Rakosi is a Hasbarist in the sense of being paid to post that garbage, and it's probably not thread-kosher to suggest that even if I did think so. But it goes to show how decades of propaganda from the Ministry of Strategic Affairs has normalised this kind of lazy reflexive IDF-hugging for people whose ideologies align that way anyway

E: A style guide for how these things go:

https://twitter.com/CaelanConrad/status/1714377325943386471?t=SxAVoQGLs8nR9TLZqU3E1w&s=19

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 18, 2023

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

SuperTeeJay posted:

Maybe something to consider before assigning blame for a blast that destroyed a hospital and killed more than 500 people is whether any such blast actually occurred.

Sorry, are you saying the massacre is fake?

BeefThief posted:

If Israel had done this intentionally, why wouldn't they just say "Hamas terrorists were using civilians as human shields and launching rockets from the hospital parking lot" like they usually do?

Saying "We didn't do it" is a different kind of dishonesty--something they might say to mitigate international blowback from a targeted strike on civilians, but even then I can't imagine it would have been done intentionally. Nothing is gained from this at all in the current environment.

That is, in fact, what they said initially before they realized everyone was super pissed about hundreds of people in a hospital being murdered.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

SuperTeeJay posted:

I think if it didn't happen in any way, then the IDF and US would be saying that at the very least.

EDIT:

Also like, there's evidence of a blast there. No one has claimed it destroyed a hospital, but people do say it killed a bunch of people outside and damaged the place.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 18, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

SuperTeeJay posted:

in that image there's incredibly clear evidence of a large blast and you can see mattresses on cars and rugs off on the right side where people had reportedly been camping out in that area. the latter fact is not under contention by any side as far as I know or have seen. that there was a large blast on an area where civilians were staying doesn't appear to be in question in any meaningful way

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

in that image there's incredibly clear evidence of a large blast and you can see mattresses on cars and rugs off on the right side where people had reportedly been camping out in that area. the latter fact is not under contention by any side as far as I know or have seen. that there was a large blast on an area where civilians were staying doesn't appear to be in question in any meaningful way
There were some early reports about the whole hospital being demolished which don't seem to be true?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Here is the text from the briefing regarding the IDF assessment: https://idfanc.activetrail.biz/ANC1810202362

They claim to have ran the audio by other intelligence agencies.

A big flaming stink posted:

ooh nice subtle dig to characterize the people victimized by the attack as "hamas"

It was hamas officials who originally broke the news on the ground, unless I am mistaken. Al-Jazeera was quoting them in its initial reporting. If this isn’t true, then I’ll take that back. There is no subtle digging going on, and I am sure you cant afford for me to live in your head rent free like this.

Israel are 100% in the wrong in this war, and are actively trying to genocide Palestinians, again. I just dont see any reliable evidence they did this particular bomb and that seems a deeply troubling prospect to other posters, or they have no threshold of evidence that the IDF could reach to convince them anyway. Objectivity was lost the moment it was claimed the IDF killed 500+ mere minutes after the explosion happened, when that is an impossible claim to verify on the ground that quickly for obvious reasons

Collapsing Farts posted:

Was the hospital leveled? Every video ive seen of istaeli bombings have completely destroyed the infrastructure

It was not and I showed it was not from the start of the shared reporting last night. It only ever landed in the carpark/courtyard based on the geolocation data that was doubted and then turned out to be almost exactly correct.

SuperTeeJay posted:

This was the image I retracted from posting earlier because I was worried about there being gore maybe. Blast did definitely occur and people did definitely die, and many of them. It was massively overexaggerated though and hopefully the death toll will be revised down. BBC already removed the 500 figure from their reporting.

Geek Icon
May 8, 2006
Hello.

Zoeb posted:

There seems to be a consensus among US based media to report, either through passive voice that an explosion happened without attribution or to uncritically repeat the IDF position that the rocket was fired by Palestinians to destroy their own hospital. Even with this consensus of US based media and government sources asserting this, while I don't have proof, I can say that I simply do not believe this narrative. It is as credible to me as the wallet inspector. It sounds like a lie. It smells like a lie. It is as simple as that. I do not believe them.

Ordinarily I would trust these sources but they have over the past few days demonstrated a complete lack of empathy for the Palestinian side in the conflict. They have been like this for decades and public figures who challenge the consensus that favors Israel find their careers in shambles. Journalists who should know better have demonstrated a lack of due diligence, professional skepticism, and objectivity. They have irresponsibly reported Israeli claims in the headlines knowing full well that much of their audience are going to read "Pentagon officials say x happened" as "x happened."

On this issue and quite a few others, US based media is not objective or credible. They have a horse in the race. It is a habitual and pervasive pattern that Noam Chomsky once called "manufacturing consent." No one comes in an tells them what to write. There is no smokey board room where they plot this out. This is a boring dystopia, routine. I am not someone who believes in conspiracy theories. No conspiracy is necessary. People with heterodox views that conflict with the interest of the owners of news media simply are not hired to be journalists for mainstream publications.

Israel has a far right government that serves as constituency of far right settlers and religious zealots who have a worldview that is fundamentally incompatible with ideas like all people being created equal. They are a self selecting sample. Jewish people who are appalled by these views frequently do not move to Israel. Israelis who do not agree with these views are a shrinking minority though it is not easy to pack your bags and switch countries. These people wanted a better life, a safe place to live, but that is not what Israel is. It is a supremacist project, a colony and this attempt to reduce the population of Gaza to zero after some people broke out of the open air prison and killed people in retaliation for years of oppression are the fruits of a hateful ideology.

It didn't have to be this way. This didn't have to happen. Jews and Muslims could have worked to share the region, created a state where Jewish people and Muslims and Christians had constitutional protections and a 1 person 1 vote democracy and still offered a homeland for Jewish people, just not one where they were the only voice that mattered. Nobody needed to lose their house. Nobody needed to die. There didn't have to be a Hamas. If I believed in God I would pray that he scoop up this land in his hand and teach his children be nice to each other.

I find this whole situation to be depressing. I often think about what I would do if I lived in the same time as the holocaust and it is apparently this. Israels government is fully committed to genocide and my government and tax dollars are fully committed to helping. Any attempt to help the Palestinians is treated as treason and terrorist financing. Funny how money equals speech if you want to give to a superPAC but not to help Palestinians survive this.

In the mean time journalists must reflect upon who's side they are on and if they are as committed to the truth as they were trained to be. They are bringing dishonor to their profession.

Between the bad faith posters in this thread and armchair military wrigging, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate this post and I agree with you.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
This has to be a power move. I can't think of any other reason to release something this humiliating. They want to make a show out of making Western 'journalists' put on serious faces and do round table discussions on what is the closest thing to a national shitpost. They want to load up on popcorn and guffaw as they watch CNN and see:

quote:

Habibbi the star of my life a rocket is fell! It did the Islamic Jihad gangsigns and rode off

I saw boss it was truly terrible! Here are the coordinates for twitter OSINT geotag-I mean for you to find the place

Very troublesome my friend! Also with my hawk vision I estimate 25 deaths, which is much less than 500, which is my favorite number!

quote:

ANDERSON COOPER: mm. Very distressing, the depth of the inhumanity, required for Hamas to lie about something like this, I'm speechless.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Which is why I referred to a blast “that destroyed a hospital and killed more than 500 people”. There is no crater or other evidence of a massive explosion.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Rakosi posted:

Here is the text from the briefing regarding the IDF assessment: https://idfanc.activetrail.biz/ANC1810202362

They claim to have ran the audio by other intelligence agencies.

It was hamas officials who originally broke the news on the ground, unless I am mistaken. Al-Jazeera was quoting them in its initial reporting. If this isn’t true, then I’ll take that back. There is no subtle digging going on, and I am sure you cant afford for me to live in your head rent free like this.

Israel are 100% in the wrong in this war, and are actively trying to genocide Palestinians, again. I just dont see any reliable evidence they did this particular bomb and that seems a deeply troubling prospect to other posters, or they have no threshold of evidence that the IDF could reach to convince them anyway. Objectivity was lost the moment it was claimed the IDF killed 500+ mere minutes after the explosion happened, when that is an impossible claim to verify on the ground that quickly for obvious reasons

It was not and I showed it was not from the start of the shared reporting last night. It only ever landed in the carpark/courtyard based on the geolocation data that was doubted and then turned out to be almost exactly correct.

This was the image I retracted from posting earlier because I was worried about there being gore maybe. Blast did definitely occur and people did definitely die, and many of them. It was massively overexaggerated though and hopefully the death toll will be revised down. BBC already removed the 500 figure from their reporting.

hey remember when people said this exact same thing about the "40 decapitated babies" thing and the discussion got banned?

Funny how atrocity denial is A OK as long as the victims are a literal order of magnitude more Muslims.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Neurolimal posted:

quote:

Habibbi the star of my life a rocket is fell! It did the Islamic Jihad gangsigns and rode off

I saw boss it was truly terrible! Here are the coordinates for twitter OSINT geotag-I mean for you to find the place

Very troublesome my friend! Also with my hawk vision I estimate 25 deaths, which is much less than 500, which is my favorite number!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Video walkthrough of the site. Didn’t need to engage with rocketry hypotheticals regarding hamas or PIJ not having weapons big enough to level a hospital or kill 500 to 1000 people, because it’s looking far less likely that either of these things happened to the degree claimed, in the immediate aftermath of the incident. Thankfully.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1714535687070916987

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Looks actually like a pretty big crater for a bomb dropped on a large flat asphalt surface tbh

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Rakosi posted:

Video walkthrough of the site. Didn’t need to engage with rocketry hypotheticals regarding hamas or PIJ not having weapons big enough to level a hospital or kill 500 to 1000 people, because it’s looking far less likely that either of these things happened to the degree claimed, in the immediate aftermath of the incident. Thankfully.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1714535687070916987

:lmao: at no point are you even considering that it could be an IDF bomb. Come on! "Oh well, it doesn't NEED to be a Qassam filled with hyper-liquid fuel despite being a solid-state rocket? Then hey, that means it can just be a Qassam!". You can really tell how at no point in your mind have you ever even thought for a nanosecond that it wasn't Hamas/PIJ.

That's still a drat big boom for a Qassam, and Hamas doesn't had the big bombs that PIJ have.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

Looks actually like a pretty big crater for a bomb dropped on a large flat asphalt surface tbh

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It would be exponentially funny if they literally just finished making this, and have left the US with like an hour to get in line behind the nugget before press questions come in. One of the guys should have said "and also Biden is a stupid moron who will lose to Trump, I just wanted to get that out there because we're friends."

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 18, 2023

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Unormal posted:

A JDAM would have done far more damage to the cars though? Most of them only have fire damage. And the tiles are still on the roof.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Kchama posted:

:lmao: at no point are you even considering that it could be an IDF bomb. Come on! "Oh well, it doesn't NEED to be a Qassam filled with hyper-liquid fuel despite being a solid-state rocket? Then hey, that means it can just be a Qassam!". You can really tell how at no point in your mind have you ever even thought for a nanosecond that it wasn't Hamas/PIJ.

That's still a drat big boom for a Qassam, and Hamas doesn't had the big bombs that PIJ have.

Because the evidence never pointed strongly in that direction, once it starting coming out. You’re the one swimming against the evidence here, not me. Everything you say about my objectivity I can say about yours, but it seems like my initial thoughts and conclusions are getting more validated and yours arent. I already said we clearly just disagree on what counts as evidence and I am not trying to convince you any longer. Just posting relevent new images or reports that haven’t shown up in this thread yet for people who are tracking the story.

Unormal posted:

The actual crater could just about fit one adult sitting in it, but its only a foot deep. I’d post the image but I am very worried there might be hidden gore in any of these.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Morton Salt Grrl posted:

A JDAM would have done far more damage to the cars though? Most of them only have fire damage. And the tiles are still on the roof.

It probably wasnt a jdam but there are plenty of other kinds of munitions.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Morton Salt Grrl posted:

'JDAM' isn't a specific type of bomb. It refers to the kit used to make an unguided bomb into a guided bomb.

Rakosi posted:

Because the evidence never pointed strongly in that direction, once it starting coming out. You’re the one swimming against the evidence here, not me. Everything you say about my objectivity I can say about yours, but it seems like my initial thoughts and conclusions are getting more validated and yours arent. I already said we clearly just disagree on what counts as evidence and I am not trying to convince you any longer. Just posting relevent new images or reports that haven’t shown up in this thread yet for people who are tracking the story.

The actual crater could just about fit one adult sitting in it, but its only a foot deep. I’d post the image but I am very worried there might be hidden gore in any of these.

Dude, all you've been doing is posting what the IDF and pro-IDF sources say and nodding in agreement, even when it's insanely stupid and in no way validates what you're saying. Just because you, by your own admittance, knows nothing, doesn't mean you should just instantly agree with whatever you hear that you want to be correct. Remember, when this conversation started, you said straight-up that there was it was 'very important we get this right' so you were going to just go with whatever theory you liked. I mean hell, your IDF Released Hamas Call that you didn't even listen to was so unconvincing that I'm now completely convinced the IDF did it.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 18, 2023

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Morton Salt Grrl posted:

a bunch of those cars were smashed, with a few having even been tossed upside down, presumably by the force of the explosion

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rakosi posted:

https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1714539311914266931

IDF release alleged communications between Hamas operatives discussing it being a PIJ rocket.

I can release a very convincing intercepted phone call between Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro where they both say "lets go Mets baby love da mets".

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/AJA_Egypt/status/1714534502653993368?s=20

Could be referring to the other times they bombed the hospital, or could be setting up the alternative explanation for if the CODEC call collapses.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I can release a very convincing intercepted phone call between Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro where they both say "lets go Mets baby love da mets".

ANDERSON COOPER: Mm. Wow, it's incredible, the display of ineptitude, that goes into cheering for the team still paying Bonilla. I'm speechless.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 18, 2023

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Unormal posted:

It probably wasnt a jdam but there are plenty of other kinds of munitions.

Such as misfiring homemade Hamas rockets?

A big flaming stink posted:

a bunch of those cars were smashed, with a few having even been tossed upside down, presumably by the force of the explosion

I can only see a single flipped car I think. This really doesn't feel like a very powerful explosion, and certainly not one that killed 500 people.

I get that people don't trust the IDF, but the alternative source is literally Hamas. You might remember them as the group that killed 1,000 Israeli civilians a couple of weeks ago - they may not be trustworthy sources of information!

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

The smallest JDAM equipped bombs are 500lbs, according to wikipedia on them. Do you think this looks like 500lbs?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you’re just going to say anything submitted is AI or faked then why are you here to debate and discuss?

Kchama posted:

'JDAM' isn't a specific type of bomb. It refers to the kit used to make an unguided bomb into a guided bomb.

Dude, all you've been doing is posting what the IDF and pro-IDF sources say and nodding in agreement, even when it's insanely stupid and in no way validates what you're saying. Just because you, by your own admittance, knows nothing, doesn't mean you should just instantly agree with whatever you hear that you want to be correct. Remember, when this conversation started, you said straight-up that there was it was 'very important we get this right' so you were going to just go with whatever theory you liked. I mean hell, your IDF Released Hamas Call that you didn't even listen to was so unconvincing that I'm now completely convinced the IDF did it.

I did listen to it, you just think I didnt because we don’t have the same read of it and you can’t square that in your own head. I dont care if goons get the information wrong, I care far more if reporters and the media get it wrong, because it destabilises the region more. I stated one time that I am not an expert in rocketry and you take from that that not only do I know nothing about anything, but also apparently I can not know anything.

Rather than the burden of proof over whose conclusion being most likely falling on me for any longer after all the links I have shared, why don’t you share actual proof that it was an IDF strike?

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Kchama posted:

Can you give us any evidence that it was an IDF bomb.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Morton Salt Grrl posted:

I get that people don't trust the IDF, but the alternative source is literally Hamas. You might remember them as the group that killed 1,000 Israeli civilians a couple of weeks ago - they may not be trustworthy sources of information!

And Israel is?

Also just splitting hairs but even Israel isn't claiming Hamas did it, but Islamic Jihad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
https://x.com/Nrg8000/status/1714535497958334678?s=20