Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Detroit has a statue of Robocop.

Everyone needs a good role model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lol if you dont listen to LPs at 45rpm whenever you get stoned

i do the opposite, 45s at 33 is awesome.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Detroit has a statue of Robocop.

name a better detroit native who deserves to be up there instead

i'll wait

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I watch all my media at 0.5 speed. Double the amount of entertainment plus everyone sounds super drunk for a little bonus comedy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It would have admittedly been cooler & funnier of Detroit to have an Alex Murphy statue instead

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
the dick riding going on itt is crazy...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hardcordion posted:

I watch all my media at 0.5 speed. Double the amount of entertainment plus everyone sounds super drunk for a little bonus comedy.

nintendo released a version of the original mario that runs at 2x, and it was pretty funny watching a guy trying to speedrun it, but with the video slowed down to 0.5x so the game was going at normal speed but he looked super drunk

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It’s not quite the same as consuming media at high speed but maybe worse: one time I watched a guy a row ahead of me on a transatlantic flight go through roughly half a dozen movies on the in flight entertainment and briefly read the description of each before watching 5-15 minutes toward the end/climax of it and switching movies.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It’s not quite the same as consuming media at high speed but maybe worse: one time I watched a guy a row ahead of me on a transatlantic flight go through roughly half a dozen movies on the in flight entertainment and briefly read the description of each before watching 5-15 minutes toward the end/climax of it and switching movies.

lol that dude definitely posts here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only good cop is a dead cop

Luckily, there is a loophole

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i love to consume media lmfao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Late to 'celebs on SA' chat but at least one NFL player posted in TFF and was somehow too much of a goon and everyone got sick of him.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Several FIFA executives post in TRP and will be permabanned as soon as they reveal themselves

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I watched a mate play Alan Wake and he skipped all the plot, and it was the second-most infuriating thing I'd ever seen.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
if youve seen twin peaks you dont need it

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i blame youtube "essays" about lore, personally.

why do people watch these?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm assuming most folks are aware, but in case someone isn't, Josh Sawyer (director of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity and Pentiment) is a goon. I have yet to play Pentiment, but there's a bunch of SA references in the other two, including appearances by Zybourne Clock hero Johnny Five-Aces.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Brave Little Toaster Is A Masterpiece. Here's Why pt.1 [4:56:00]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm assuming most folks are aware, but in case someone isn't, Josh Sawyer (director of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity and Pentiment) is a goon. I have yet to play Pentiment, but there's a bunch of SA references in the other two, including appearances by Zybourne Clock hero Johnny Five-Aces.

Didn't MisterBibs yell at him directly about the "there are monster spawns between the starting area and where this mod puts a house, and this is somehow the original game devs' fault" thing, or did I make that up

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Looks like he did, in fact, do that. (posting a link instead of a full quote because it's a series of very long and boring posts)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well yeah. They're by misterbibs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Looks like he did, in fact, do that. (posting a link instead of a full quote because it's a series of very long and boring posts)

Looks like he just sucked at the game. I think everyone went for the shortest route their first time around because why wouldn't they? You just, you know, RUN.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

ChubbyChecker posted:

Severe inability to be left alone with one's own thoughts mostly

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

*goonishly* For the background noise, do you just sit there in silence all day?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr. bibs died so much in world of warcraft that he needed multiple characters that existed just to fund his main character because his gear kept breaking from dying all the time

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Never heard the misterbibs lore but just from those posts he just sounds like a guy who thinks the point of games is to finish them as quickly as possible and anything that stops that (like say fighting enemies that don't die in one hit) is a failure of design. Many such guys

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

there was a talk tv show writer who in QCS rules-lawyered himself into a permabanned

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The Saddest Rhino posted:

there was a talk tv show writer who in QCS rules-lawyered himself into a permabanned

elaborate

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why do talk shows have writers lmao.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Looks like he just sucked at the game. I think everyone went for the shortest route their first time around because why wouldn't they? You just, you know, RUN.

I mean, I instinctively went the long way around. The Strip was obviously gonna be the centerpiece of the setting, I'm gonna have a generous sampling of the appetizers before I take on the main course, see some sights, drink in the myth before I see it for myself. Discovering that that's actually optional and you can skip the big journey if you have the gumption only enriches the experience in my book.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i can't recall the name, but he was famously way too online for picking a fight with the debatebro streamer Destiny (who is his own can of worms) and that he had to quit twitter or something because his wife was mad at him for spending too much time on the internet fighting people. He had a somethingawful account and was sending angry debate-me messages to other people in cspam/d&d, including Pick, who assumed that he was the same person sending her a lot of sexually-based harassment messages. She went to QCS to bring this up and there was a bunch of back and forth, leading to him also appearing but it was finally determined Pick was mistaken. Celebrating his victory over Pick he wrote a bunch of posts on how legally correct he was in his harassment of Pick in other ways, which ultimately led to him being permabanned

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

ahh yeah that was the 2016 lover aka jack allison (i'm not doxxing the guy that was his account name, the 2016 lover was a rereg but he was pretty open about being the same guy), i'd heard him on a few podcasts prior to the stuff on here and he seemed reasonably normal on them so it was strange to see him go completely insane over politics posting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

2x is for background youtube vids and podcasts, 1.75x or slower if it's something you're actually interested in. TV shows are 1.5x tops. Mid movies - 1.25x. Good movies - normal speed, big screen.

The only thing you should fast forward is extremely slow paced old RPGs on emulator. I know the music is good but I'm not grinding those sewers in search of a 5% drop without upping the speed sorry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also you need to beeline for the strip to make lots of money and buy implants so that by the end of the game you can have 10 in every stat and 100 in every skill

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i once had to explain to someone irl that maus was not a fictional allegorical story about cats performing a holocaust on mice and that it was in fact a true and deeply personal story by art spiegelman about his father and the generational trauma the holocaust has caused and was simply using the animals as symbolism. some people are just very stupid

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

go completely insane over politics posting

like isn't that the point of politics posting?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i once had to explain to someone irl that maus was not a fictional allegorical story about cats performing a holocaust on mice and that it was in fact a true and deeply personal story by art spiegelman about his father and the generational trauma the holocaust has caused and was simply using the animals as symbolism. some people are just very stupid

a very very depressed lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Don't jump to conclusions. Maybe your friend is simply a Holocaust denier

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Don't jump to conclusions. Maybe your friend is simply a Holocaust denier

Well yeah:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

some people are just very stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I remember getting together with some friends to watch South Park in like 2011 and the host of the group unbeknownst to us watches everything at 1.5 speed and it was baffling how much it ruined any comedic timing there was and we all looked at him like he was crazy midway through the episode lol.