Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

But this image justifies the development of AI all by itself!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/insidebayarea/status/1185519603109126144

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Oh sure, but they were fine with it when it was Kirby carrying out the 9/11 attacks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Edit: oops, headline was fake news

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Now here’s a news story

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: oops, headline was fake news
The past 10 years in a nutshell really.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ok last one:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ummm ok

https://twitter.com/JustStop_Oil/status/1713572821111374156

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Are these people like the Truth Initiative anti-tobacco people? Like are they paid by an oil company to go around being shitheads to make environmental causes at large look stupid?

I can’t just honestly believe that these people think “When you have a cause but most people aren’t on your side, the trick to winning them over is to be a complete stupid rear end in a top hat to them” but I guess people have been that stupid many times, even when they should have a good point to make. To wit:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They are astroturfed as gently caress, yes.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Nah there's absolutely something fucky about their financing, fex the soviet union used to love shucking money at crank pacifist orgs. Frankly that's probably all that's needed. Give a performative vegan the appreciation he thinks he deserve (aka money), and you'll see a smug "look how bad you are, look how great I am" performance to rival the greek gods

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm convinced it's astroturfed but I think the people actually making these statements don't realize it's astroturfed and genuinely think they're helping, it's just that the oil companies/GOP/Putin/deathcults supporting them are intentionally giving money to the dumbest possible organizers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The term is 'useful idiots'.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/wowt6news/status/1712246920654057577?s=46

quote:

An employee with a company that assists authorities in transporting dead bodies was arrested — and fired — after he allegedly tampered with one such scene last week. Ryan Smith, 41, was arrested Friday and is facing charges of burglary, criminal trespassing, and tampering with physical evidence.

Smith had contacted the property manager saying the Sarpy County Sheriff’s Office had asked him to collect a life-sized sex doll that had been found at the scene so that it could be swabbed for “a biopsy.”

The request was denied, but according to a statement from a sheriff’s investigator, the manager investigating noises at the residence found him there with the deadbolt locked and the chain secured — with his clothing disheveled.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Took me a couple rereads to figure out what dude did was find out about a sex doll at a crime scene and then break into said crime scene to gently caress said doll.
Dumber criminal than the burglar who decided to take a nap mid burglary.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the crime scene AIDS doll

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

maybeadracula posted:

Oh, so you've met my mother?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Would've been funnier if they didn't catch him in the act but instead later found his DNA all over the scene and charged him with a crime.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Not for the poor crime scene guys who would have had to recover the DNA!

Or maybe they're into that iduno

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
First half of that tweet I assumed he was buddies with the victim or got paid off by a buddy of the victim to destroy the doll and save them some embarrassment. Nope, it was much dumber and worse than that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/2Rarely/status/1682943295323004929

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

maybeadracula posted:

Helluva username idea

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rapartheid

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Reperations? Sure but don't we need to stop bombing Gaza first?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Wee Bairns posted:

Helluva username idea

Agreed, credit is not mine though. Some very prolific poster in the temporary spoopy forum name change thread came up with it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The word is ‘restraint?!’

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Who's laughing now? :dadjoke:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1714216538578849793

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheEngrumpled/status/1712543691242647961

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

How is "slam" still showing up as a verb in headlines?

Well, lovely summaries. Nevermind, I've answered my own question.

stringless has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Oct 18, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Poster FFT SLAMS lovely headlines on site somethingawful.com

"Nevermind, I've answered my own question."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FFT posted:

How is "slam" still showing up as a verb in headlines?

Well, lovely summaries. Nevermind, I've answered my own question.

Thank you. You read that and you just know you're in for some stupid poo poo. See also "puts on blast"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Sorry I meant to post the "Woman slams selfish paragliders who made her think Hamas were invading Doncaster" story but it posted another one aswell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"slam" is very common in British news media (tabloids) and has been for a long time