Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

MrYenko posted:

This one is baffling to me. Except I mean,

I haven't seen a justification from Gaijin. As far as anyone can figure, it's because the other 5.3 tanks were moved up. Which is a really dumb reason!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
Is the Bkan as fun as it looks?

Been slowly going through the Swedish tree with some friends, and that thing seems like a great time, with a giant, "hit me here" weak spot.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The Bkan 1c is really situational, it's biggest drawbacks is the very limited ammo (so you're almost forced to camp a cap point), it's low mobility, the lack of depression and of course the fact that it's a giant weakpoint unless you angle the cannon up so the autoloader is buried behind you.

But when it hits, it really hits.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
bkan absolutely slaps. People still don't know where to shoot it so it survives a lot more than you think, HE takes out pretty much anything you can point it at, you can bait people round corners to peek you with its ultra fast reload and the proxy is handy for the permanent german CAS flying around.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Play the Bkan.

https://i.imgur.com/vbKJKUb.mp4

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

This is a very convincing argument.

Any idea what the BKan's ceiling is? Can I stick it in a 7.3 line up and still have it be workable or nah?

Orv
May 4, 2011
It works pretty much as far up as you're willing to deal with its flaws, honestly. The thin roof of high end MBTs still evaporates under its gun if you can hit your shots.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
First three newFrance 7.7 games were absolute stomps against us, I came first with 3 kills and 2 deaths in one. Not even uptiers :/. Doesn’t mean anything but not encouraging.

Then I managed to one shot a jadgtiger through the front ‘turret’ with my AUBL which made my whole night, especially if you know how unreliable the low calibre heat-fs shells can be.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Lol that I finished spading the Panther A & G and the Tiger E literally last night

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Trailer for new update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xga7ILGksQo

Stuff shown in the trailer, according to nerds on Reddit, because I don't know any of this poo poo:

- AMX-10P - French IFV
- PLZ-83 - Chinese SPG
- M109 - American SPG (USA and/or Israel?)
- T54E2 - American tank
- Object 775 - Soviet flat gently caress 125 mm ATGM carrier
- Type 81(C) - Japanese SAM
- F-111 Aardvark - American attacker
- Something about new APFSDS models, maybe?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
how boring, i don't care about any of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECRWT9TEaj0

give me an f-15 or f/a-18

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Hot drat that is a wideboi atgm carrier.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm guessing the 'Varks will go on top of the F-105 in the US bomber line (at 11.0?). Weird seeing them with Bullpups, a missile I'm almost sure they never touched.

Madurai fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 20, 2023

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Man, I expected the 'vark to be a bit nerfed, but god drat. I'm not sure they've ever had such a weakened vehicle showed so prominently in a teaser.

The F111 will be 10.3, only have access to 9Bs, it can carry 14000Kg of bombs, but nothing guided and if you have weapons on your outer pylons your wings can't sweep and you'll rip around 0.9 Mach.

It's a big oof.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Italy is getting another funny SPAA at the 4.0 BR bracket that will of cause be raised higher, as its twin bofos with 90m pen on a leo two chassis at 4.3BR

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Stevefin posted:

Italy is getting another funny SPAA at the 4.0 BR bracket that will of cause be raised higher, as its twin bofos with 90m pen on a leo two chassis at 4.3BR

That’s going to be an amazing two weeks for Italy 4.3 though. I missed out on the R3 at 3.7, not missing this.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Looks like it has already started, or uploaded the wrong version to dev sever, its now 4.7 and lost a bofo, but its still on a leo two, so unless they make the engine and suspension trash, it will go higher still

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Where are you seeing that it's based on the Leopard 2?

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fe7mlzq7x6dvb1.png

Is that not a leo two hull? cause it looks like one for me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Leo 1

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

That's pretty clearly a Leo 1 hull:

Check the back left corner, where the radiator (I assume?) is. None of the Leo 2s have that.

Edit: I assume it's going to end up around 5.3, which seems fine to me. The main advantage of the Leo is its mobility and gun, and I'm pretty sure plenty of 4.3 tanks can pen the armor.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 21, 2023

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Stalin posted:

Man, I expected the 'vark to be a bit nerfed, but god drat. I'm not sure they've ever had such a weakened vehicle showed so prominently in a teaser.

The F111 will be 10.3, only have access to 9Bs, it can carry 14000Kg of bombs, but nothing guided and if you have weapons on your outer pylons your wings can't sweep and you'll rip around 0.9 Mach.

It's a big oof.

There were GBUs on it in the trailer. Are those not in on the release version? The outer pylon being fixed thing is how the actual short-wing versions were, and I assume we're getting the A-model.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

AH well they kinda look very close when you remove the turrets.

And yeah the vark is the F111-A variant, and can do nearly 20,000kg of explosive bombs with a custom loadout

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

10.3 is such a weird BR. You can bring the A-10 and ruin everything on the ground or, for the low, low price of losing 4 of the best heatseekers in the game, you bring the F111 which gets two of the worst and the ability to go almost as fast as the 9.7 harrier.

Oof. Are the later Vark variants any better? Because that's an awful trade.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

And a big nerf to 105 dart cannons at high BR, the M735 that the US and others use is loosing 60 odd pen

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
MilGoons, did France actually give up on the concept of AA for 30 years or are we just waiting for Gjn to implement it?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Great Beer posted:

10.3 is such a weird BR. You can bring the A-10 and ruin everything on the ground or, for the low, low price of losing 4 of the best heatseekers in the game, you bring the F111 which gets two of the worst and the ability to go almost as fast as the 9.7 harrier.

Oof. Are the later Vark variants any better? Because that's an awful trade.

Just load the four inner pylons, and you can still do supersonic bomb runs to your heart's content.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ballbot5000 posted:

MilGoons, did France actually give up on the concept of AA for 30 years or are we just waiting for Gjn to implement it?

France has been constantly producing a trillion different military vehicles since the end of WW2. You want something, they’ve probably got at least five versions of it. France just got neglected for years cause it’s not got that many players so it’s less money for Gaijin. Seems to be picking up this year at least.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

France neglect is sad because they really did go for a unique design spin for much of the cold war that makes their vehicles play like nothing else.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
lmao @ 20 degrees of elevation on that leopard abomination

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Ballbot5000 posted:

They've got the Rolands at least. Still not allowed to have working radar guidance like the Pantsir/Tor special boys though.

Anyone on test know if they're giving radar guidance to the plethora of Roland/Crotale SAMs?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ballbot5000 posted:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

How's the M26 going to do at 6.7?
France already has most of lineup at that BR: AMX M4, AMX-13 or (premium) EBR 1954, CA Lorraine or ELC bis, with the F8F-1B, F4U-7 and/or AD-4. Another medium tank would really round it out, but on paper the M26 is a bit... worrying.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
There should be low tier night battles without flares

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
By 'low tier' you mean back where they used to be? Because some tanks don't have NVDs, and the flares were the only way a match would be playable.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Punished Ape posted:

By 'low tier' you mean back where they used to be? Because some tanks don't have NVDs, and the flares were the only way a match would be playable.

3.0 :v:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Farecoal posted:

There should be low tier night battles without flares

There should definitely be naval night battles, anyway. With starshells as an ammo type.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Solumin posted:

How's the M26 going to do at 6.7?

Not well.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

MrYenko posted:

Not well.

:negative:

On the one hand, it has more pen (with filler!) than the EBR.
On the other hand, that doesn't actually mean much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It’ll be fine at 7.3 and below, where it’s always been. Not great. Fine.

Bringing that thing to a 7.7 uptier is going to closely resemble slamming your balls/labia in a car door over and over again though.