Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm surprised Tom Cruise never directed a movie.

He's already got a ton of influence in his film partnerships, has for like a decade or two now. I just don't think that's what he wants for himself, maybe once he hits seventy and his body will no longer let him destroy it for icon status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Ted Cruz and Terry Crews and Tom Cruise should all

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Should all what?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Make a gritty Garfield premium TV series.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Elissimpark posted:

Make a gritty Garfield premium TV series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZfBrhmN3RE

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Ted Cruz as Garfield, Tom Cruise as Jon, and Terry Crews as Odie.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm surprised Tom Cruise never directed a movie.

He directed one episode of a TV show lol

Even the average sci fi character has more than a couple of director episodes under their belt, so it's quite surprising to me that he only did it once and noped out of it

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Maybe he likes acting and doing sick stunts more

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Tom Cruise is America's Jackie Chan.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Tom Cruise is a samurai

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
My unpopular opinion: Naked Neck chicks are the cutest.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Rice Chex is my favorite cereal

Nameless Pete posted:

Ted Cruz as Garfield, Tom Cruise as Jon, and Terry Crews as Odie.

Racist :colbert:

edit:

Joburg posted:

My unpopular opinion: Naked Neck chicks are the cutest.

omg :kimchi:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you're going bald, a really clever thing to do would be to get the phrenology head map tattooed on your head. But you skew it very slightly so that it looks normal, but just so happens to make your virtuous areas bigger and downplay your vice areas. People will look at you and be like, "drat, this guy's honesty area is huge, but his laziness area is tiny! You can tell just from looking he's an amazing man!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Every American between the ages of 16 and 65 should be required to run the NFL Combine once a year, and their results should be posted on a publicly available database.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Shaving your head when balding is a coward move. Balding good-looking fellas still look good with male-pattern baldness.

You know what look is cringe? The shaved head + large groomed beard. 3x cringe if you wear a hat to pretend you totally have hair that matches the beard.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
If it's good enough for Lex Luthor it's good enough for me :colbert:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gripweed posted:

Every American between the ages of 16 and 65 should be required to run the NFL Combine once a year, and their results should be posted on a publicly available database.

Trying to think of a way to nicely with no shame or shade ask you to describe what you think the NFL combine is without you looking it up because I really want to know what you think it is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I’ve managed bigger events, hell I’ve managed an event at Lucas Oil already. I’ll run the NFL combine.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rick posted:

Trying to think of a way to nicely with no shame or shade ask you to describe what you think the NFL combine is without you looking it up because I really want to know what you think it is.

It's a system of rotating blades and other instruments used to cut, separate and stow away the economically valuable constituent parts of NFL players. And yes, every American should be forced to run through it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gordon Freeman could probably take em

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rick posted:

It’s a series of tests of one’s physical strength and agility.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I don't get the appeal of dogs.

My cat:
- wanted to be involved in what I was doing
- wanted to cuddle, lie beside me, lie on me, make biscuits on me, sleep beside me
- would spontaneously headbutt (affectionate) throughout the day
- would run to the door when I got home to say hi

I love my partner but his dog:
- lies on the floor
- stares at me
- gets up only for walks
- tries to eat other dogs poop
- needs walks and drags mud in
- is in general not interested in me but only what I can provide him

People think this is better??

Killingyouguy! has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Oct 20, 2023

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe the dog doesn't like you

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Dog treats my partner, who he's been around his whole life, the same way

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Killingyouguy! posted:

My cat:
- wanted to cuddle, lie beside me, lie on me, make biscuits on me, sleep beside me

- lies on the floor
- stares at me
- gets up only for walks

This sounds like the exact opposite of every cat and dog I have ever heard of.

Except the eating dog poop, that's normal.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I am a cat person and get lots of love from the one I have been with for 13 years, but also know many dogs who are elated to see me. It sounds like this one might’ve been socialized to only expect the necessities from humans.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gripweed posted:

It’s a series of tests of one’s physical strength and agility.

Okay close enough. I thought you might have thought it was like an obstacle course or the US presidential challenge or something.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i don't mind pets conceptually, my missus best friend has a Yorkshire Terrier/Shih-Tzu cross that is absolutely adorable that we look after during holidays and i'll happily pet a cat I meet in the street etc but I certainly don't want to take permanent ownership of one and be liable for it's healthcare, nutrition, exercise and social needs. no animal gives enough enjoyment to warrant all that effort, especially when you can just experience the good bits from other pet owners without having to pickup another animals poo poo - probably the most degrading act a human being will do under the mantra of love

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rick posted:

Okay close enough. I thought you might have thought it was like an obstacle course or the US presidential challenge or something.

No, there’s no point if if it’s some blow off thing. It needs to be a serious evaluation of physical fitness.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Killingyouguy! posted:

My cat:

- lies on the floor
- stares at me
- gets up only for walks

Counterpoint:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
dogs and cats... are both good

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Do French dogs say Wouef?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Aramek posted:

Do French dogs say Wouef?

Wouf, actually

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Phosphine posted:

This sounds like the exact opposite of every cat and dog I have ever heard of.

Except the eating dog poop, that's normal.

Yeah, some cats are aloof loners and some dogs are highly affectionate. Animals have personalities beyond their instinctual behaviors it turns out, and with dogs it’s often breed specific.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Shaving your head when balding is a coward move. Balding good-looking fellas still look good with male-pattern baldness.

Maybe if you had good hair prior to balding, but my hair is thin and straight and my head looks like a radish if I don't take it back to 0.5.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Killingyouguy! posted:

My cat:

I know that it actually refers to kneading, but "making biscuits" sounds like it should be somebody's great-grandma's polite old-timey way to say "taking a poo poo".

"I took the dog out for his walk this morning but he didn't make biscuits like he usually does, so we'll have to take him again soon."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Elissimpark posted:

Maybe if you had good hair prior to balding, but my hair is thin and straight and my head looks like a radish if I don't take it back to 0.5.

No, dude, lean into it. Grow out your long straggly hair. Go to the gym and get real thin but with a surprising strength in your old bones. Start wearing cloaks. Buy one of these, mount it on a staff, carry the staff with you wherever you go. Develop a menacing cackle. Start offering people great power as long as they're willing to pay the price.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

No, dude, lean into it. Grow out your long straggly hair. Go to the gym and get real thin but with a surprising strength in your old bones. Start wearing cloaks. Buy one of these, mount it on a staff, carry the staff with you wherever you go. Develop a menacing cackle. Start offering people great power as long as they're willing to pay the price.

I walk with some balance support these days and this is definitely my game plan.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what NFL combine is but kids should have ninja warrior classes and competitions. We've got plenty of team sports in school but not enough solo opportunities for kids. Push weight lifting and parkour training for the kids not footbally inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Wear an eyepatch and befriend the local crows