Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
surprised he hasn't ranted about the taylor swift movie yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

surprised he hasn't ranted about the taylor swift movie yet

Is it even technically a movie? I thought it was just a recorded version of one of her recent concerts.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
How is that technically not a movie?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Tell David Byrne and his big suit that I said gently caress YOU! Be in a real movie!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Space Robot posted:

Is it even technically a movie? I thought it was just a recorded version of one of her recent concerts.

It's a concert movie.

E: a series of still images displayed in rapid succession to give the illusion of movement. I recommend starting with zoetropes and then moving up to the real poo poo once you've mastered the fundamentals

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ben is so silly that it’s hard to feel the same level of contempt for him as other terrible GOP Propagandists, similar to how you know the dumb henchman is also a villain but he’s so pathetic you feel a bit bad. Ben is supposed to be the awkward-but-really-smart-kid but he’s chronically walks into rakes.

That English Conservative personality who told him “If only you could understand how foolish you sound” after Ben accused him of being part of the Far Left media really got his number.

His Barbie meltdown was great, but nowhere near as bad as the WAP thing.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

Ben is so silly that it’s hard to feel the same level of contempt for him as other terrible GOP Propagandists, similar to how you know the dumb henchman is also a villain but he’s so pathetic you feel a bit bad. Ben is supposed to be the awkward-but-really-smart-kid but he’s chronically walks into rakes.

That English Conservative personality who told him “If only you could understand how foolish you sound” after Ben accused him of being part of the Far Left media really got his number.

His Barbie meltdown was great, but nowhere near as bad as the WAP thing.

Nah, he's one of the more strident advocates for the ethnic cleansing of palestine. The fact that he's a weird dork who bought a plank of wood and boasted about not being able to please his wife merely adds flavour to how awful he is.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ugh, had no idea about his views on that

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
You can't just have dorky assholes in politics anymore. They have to be the biggest scum on earth and/or an absolute clown. Anything but a massive buffoon won't grab enough votes anymore, it's its own kind of inflation.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
He's a guy who got famous going around to colleges picking arguments with freshmen to make himself look smart, and he was only able to do that because of shadowy right-wing orgs footing the bill.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ben Shapiro is Mara Wilson's cousin and he is insanely jealous she had success in Hollywood and he did not.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

duz posted:

Ben Shapiro is Mara Wilson's cousin and he is insanely jealous she had success in Hollywood and he did not.

Ben loves giving Dap (Dry rear end Pasta)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

He's a guy who got famous going around to colleges picking arguments with freshmen to make himself look smart, and he was only able to do that because of shadowy right-wing orgs footing the bill.

He also made sure he had the ability to turn his challenger’s microphones off

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

duz posted:

Imagine how bad Abby Shapiro must feel. Her Wikipedia article is a link to her brother's page.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Imagine how bad Abby Shapiro must feel. Her Wikipedia article is a link to her brother's page.

She's busy trying to be a tradwife Youtuber last I heard so probably not worthy of a wiki article.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"not true she has a wiki-

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

Hahaha

I mean

It looks like you left your post unfinished friend.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah Abby isn't as contemptable as her brother but is still pretty reactionary

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Early on it seemed like she was just off on the margins out of loyalty to her idiot brother. But then she started grifting full-time too.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Alan Smithee posted:

Wikifeetia

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Abby Shapiro was the one who inadvertently lead the modern internet into knowing Nancy Reagan was amazing at blowjobs.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Probably has a sore back.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/TwooScythe/status/1716130371538915826?t=Re0q1aeAAxA-KdvYdbKc9w&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the FNAF creator is a trumpy so the kids are not in fact alright

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He can do magic????

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

the FNAF creator is a trumpy so the kids are not in fact alright

Yeah he started out making Christian games. FNAF happened because people said the main character of a side scroller he made looked creepy.

I think he has stopped being directly involved with the series though. The newer games did not have much of his input.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I think he has stopped being directly involved with the series though. The newer games did not have much of his input.

He’s a writer and producer on the film. He’s getting hella money from it and he’s going to turn it around right into Ted Cruz’s pocket.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Five Nights at Teddy’s

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I would hope the FNAF phenomenon is dead and the movie bombs. But I dunno. Seems like the height of the “Streamer pretends to be scared of game” trend was a lifetime ago.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I would hope the FNAF phenomenon is dead and the movie bombs. But I dunno. Seems like the height of the “Streamer pretends to be scared of game” trend was a lifetime ago.

FNAF survived by being centrepiece of the "long videos about lore and theories" era of YouTube.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im still seeing a lot of hype amongst e-gamers

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alan Smithee posted:

im still seeing a lot of hype amongst e-gamers

I'm hoping someone tries to stream it on Twitch by holding a controller and pretending they're playing one of the games like that kid was doing with UFC PPVs lol

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The FNAF fanbase is still very much alive and the movie is currently tracking for a $40 million opening weekend, which would make back its budget instantly and be the second-best opening weekend of Fall only behind Taylor Swift. They all got very upset upon learning their money was going right into campaign contributions for Mitch McConnell, but internalized it so they could continue to Consume Product pretty fast.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

hey man life is short and sometimes you gotta just enjoy the dead ghost children inside animatronic animals

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this is zoomer harry potter if my woke millenial friend's inability to wean it off completely is any indication

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

loving zoomers (I said boomerishly)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

The time for it to have ended was at least five or ten years ago, oddly, it's stronger than ever.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The kids in my daughter's elementary school are nuts about the series, it's still a big deal even if I can't stand it

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
FNAF always sounded to me like it should be a sequel to Weekend at Bernie’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Anecdotally, while my kids and their friends are aware of FNaF, the horror games they are interested in are Poppy’s Playtime and Rainbow Friends. These are elementary age kids at an urban, ~80% black school. Obviously both of those games are direct descendants of Five Nights but it seems to have been superseded a bit.