Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Kid in class was conspicuously wearing his keffiyeh for the first time today. I suspected why, confirmed when he brought up talking to a family member about what's going on (germane to the topic of class discussion, it was a PR/persuasion class).

I joined the class in croaking out as heartfelt an expression of compassion as best I could, blinking back tears. I don't even know what you can say when someone is watching their people-- their family-- undergo ethnic cleansing on the news.

My mind was screaming at me over and over "Israel bombed a HOSPITAL!"

I've been trying to be as even handed as I can be with my sympathies defaulting to the oppressed and the underdog, but feeling pretty DTA since they JDAMed a loving hospital and glibly salted the wound with the usual facile jangly keys epistemological chaff script of 'didn't happen'/'ok if it did happen they did it to themselves'/'ok if we did it it wasn't so bad.'/'Okay if we did it and it was bad it was because they MADE us do it.' And our useless loving lib politicos using the cop exonerative passive voice about "a blast" as if they'd call 9/11 "an aviation incident."

I guess the state department has officially endorsed the loving Rube Goldberg Final Destination Hamas Rocket theory.

I'm going to have to live with being a wild eyed conspiracy theorist for believing the minority report narrative that the side that has all the giant bombs and was braying exterminationist language and literally threatening to bomb hospitals for a week was the one that dropped a giant bomb on a hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

Are Schumer and Biden actively lying about this or in their old age have they bought their own hype and are deluding themselves

Either way it's evil, but if it's the latter the US might do some stuff really loving stupid too

They believe the fake recording that the IDF released, lol. That’s thier intel that proves it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Oh god. I was a teenager. I coped with the insanity of it all in the same way I coped with everything when I was a teenager.

I don't think my genitals can handle what you're proposing.

rabid anti Muslim bloodlust and warmongering made you beat your dick that hard huh

alternate sarcastic response: skill issue

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Thoguh posted:

They believe the fake recording that the IDF released, lol. That’s thier intel that proves it.

Two Arab males talking to each other with discernible pauses between lines has never happened before in the history of Arab men.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The one question that they can’t answer is why PIJ and/or HAMAS had exactly one rocket capable of doing this and why it was only now just used and not used in the surprise attack on Israel where it could’ve done more damage and made more sense for what they wanted to do? Surely if they could make rockets with the ability to do this level of damage they would have been making this level of rockets for the initial attack

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dti

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Whoa whoa whoa let he who was not jacking it after 911 cast the first stone

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ytlaya posted:

The fact that it immediately falls apart under scrutiny is irrelevant, because "scrutiny" is something that only exists for people like us who talk about this stuff a lot.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The one question that they can’t answer is why PIJ and/or HAMAS had exactly one rocket capable of doing this and why it was only now just used and not used in the surprise attack on Israel where it could’ve done more damage and made more sense for what they wanted to do? Surely if they could make rockets with the ability to do this level of damage they would have been making this level of rockets for the initial attack

the one rocket that actually did what it's capable of in a best case scenario did it to Gaza instead of Israel. More proof of whose side God is on :smug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

And our useless loving lib politicos using the cop exonerative passive voice about "a blast" as if they'd call 9/11 "an aviation incident."

This is a minor thing, but I try to push back against calling Dems "useless" because it's really underselling what they really are. They deliberately do all this stuff. They aren't "useless in opposing it" - they simply support it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1714569178332483657

Too much "disinfo," "misinfo" & "mal-info" I guess.

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023

Dr. VooDoo posted:

the initial answer was “it hit hidden ammo and bombs” but I think now they’re running with “actually it barely killed anyone, they’re just lying about the death toll, so it was totally their lovely rockets that can barely kill anyone” because they are soulless monsters who will not see any heaven real or fake

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

we should ban all AI not just AI Jazeera

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Maltloaf posted:

Handy Guide to SPOOKS:

HUMINT - I talked to someone about it
GEOINT - I looked down at it
MASINT - I measured it
SIGINT - I listened to it
OSINT - I googled it
TECHINT - I read the war thunder forums

saving for later

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

:qqsay:

Jewish students across the country say they have felt increasingly isolated since Hamas militants attacked Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/10/18/university-israel-hamas-college-tensions/

We see you. We hear you.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Crazypoops posted:

Whoa whoa whoa let he who was not jacking it after 911 cast the first stone

towers fall
I rise

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

be aware that the intent of all these lies is not to convince you but to make you feel insane

yes it feels unsettling and horrifying to be lied to about the massacre of children through so many channels at once

but you must understand how the media works, it is an organ of the capitalist state and it's function is to disseminate messages under the control of the bourgeois

the propagandist sees media messaging as not a tool for semantic understanding of the world but as a delivery system of information weapons which have various effects on target populations

demoralizing and paralyzing dissent is one of these effects

you must understand their words not as honest discourse but as part of an apparatus of creation and delivery of influence and control

this is not just a media apparatus, it is a military, economic, technological, mathematical apparatus

don't look at what they say, look at the material and social forces driving their actions forward

that's right.

think we've had enough counter-osint and posting about how american media is reporting on the hospital massacre now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

they made the fuse too long and so it just now went off and hit a bird they didn't know would be there, which made it deflect and hit a logging truck and all the logs spilled out and rolled down the street and ran over an IDF forward joint terminal air controller so he accidentally called for a JDAM strike on a hospital while being crushed

E: this is a joke the IDF wouldn't use a JTACs, the whole point is to do it with impunity and cowardice and lack of discrimination between targets

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Oct 18, 2023

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Uncle Wemus posted:

:qqsay:

Jewish students across the country say they have felt increasingly isolated since Hamas militants attacked Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/10/18/university-israel-hamas-college-tensions/

Free parking

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

lol america is gonna get so much blowback its incredible

we deserve it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

if this latest thing "the bomb actually hit the parking area/courtyard and didn't even hit the hospital" is true then that just makes it even more unlikely that it hit a weapons cache or hospital oxygen tank or something, meaning it is even more impossible that a palestinian rocket could tear up all those people.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

This is a minor thing, but I try to push back against calling Dems "useless" because it's really underselling what they really are. They deliberately do all this stuff. They aren't "useless in opposing it" - they simply support it.

Note taken and seconded. Biden is over there back slapping Bibi over a job well done after all. It's really the bare minimum show of performative hand-wringing for domestic consumption so they at least try not to lose the young voters who see right through the bullshit.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Actually, he is laying the groundwork. You guys are harsh. Successful governments never achieve their success being harsh. I’m as liberal as the next person, but I also understand governance requires working with other points of view. He also happens to have real empathy, something his predecessor didn’t even understand what that is.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

if this latest thing "the bomb actually hit the parking area/courtyard and didn't even hit the hospital" is true then that just makes it even more unlikely that it hit a weapons cache or hospital oxygen tank or something, meaning it is even more impossible that a palestinian rocket could tear up all those people.

yeah that's why the death number is fake now

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

be aware that the intent of all these lies is not to convince you but to make you feel insane

yes it feels unsettling and horrifying to be lied to about the massacre of children through so many channels at once

but you must understand how the media works, it is an organ of the capitalist state and it's function is to disseminate messages under the control of the bourgeois

the propagandist sees media messaging as not a tool for semantic understanding of the world but as a delivery system of information weapons which have various effects on target populations

demoralizing and paralyzing dissent is one of these effects

you must understand their words not as honest discourse but as part of an apparatus of creation and delivery of influence and control

this is not just a media apparatus, it is a military, economic, technological, mathematical apparatus

don't look at what they say, look at the material and social forces driving their actions forward

Yes I completely agree with all of this.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

So the explanation is that Hamas has a stealth bomber, but they only use it within the boarders of Gaza to specifically blow up Palestinians?

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

they gave them also gall for their food and gave them vinegar for their thirst

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Clip-On Fedora posted:

We see you. We hear you.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

how do i stop feeling like im going insane from all this

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

how do i stop feeling like im going insane from all this

As Bassem Youssef said it, it's like dealing with a sociopathic narcissist. Constant dismissal of others' emotions, constant lying and gaslighting, and, in this case, racist bloodlust.

It's not you, it's them.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Well there’s already people saying the death toll being reported by doctors with out borders, reporters, eye witnesses, and the Gaza health ministry are all HAMAS lies. I guess our governments could learn how to better control the narrative if HAMAS can go into an area just hit by a rocket and get hundreds of people, including foreigners with no ties to Hamas, to fall in line and tell the exact same stories within ten minutes of the rocket landing

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can't find either of my keffiyehs. :(

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HermitSupplier posted:

the initial answer was “it hit hidden ammo and bombs” but I think now they’re running with “actually it barely killed anyone, they’re just lying about the death toll, so it was totally their lovely rockets that can barely kill anyone” because they are soulless monsters who will not see any heaven real or fake

Yeah as of this morning they're now claiming that Gaza is lying about the death toll.

Really the constant shifting of their story, whereas there was one story out of Gaza from the very beginning that hasn't changed, is key here.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dr. VooDoo posted:

For a while they were doing the "well there must've been a rocket stockpile in there that got blown up", but people found that hard to swallow, so they switched gears to just showing a pothole and some burned cars in the parking lot and claiming that's all that happened and all the deaths and destruction were made up. Basically, easier to deny a massive explosion than explain it.

edit: should've refreshed, my bad

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

guidoanselmi posted:

As Bassem Youssef said it, it's like dealing with a sociopathic narcissist. Constant dismissal of others' emotions, constant lying and gaslighting, and, in this case, racist bloodlust.

It's not you, it's them.

I can handle this fairly well, but what’s harder is seeing people I’m close to just mold their opinions in real time based on the latest MSNBC line. I point out what they are doing and they lack the self awareness to see. And then I’m the conspiracy theorist who believes “terrorist disinformation”

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Maltloaf posted:

Handy Guide to SPOOKS:

HUMINT - I talked to someone about it
GEOINT - I looked down at it
MASINT - I measured it
SIGINT - I listened to it
OSINT - I googled it
TECHINT - I read the war thunder forums

Great post lmao

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Owlbear Camus posted:

Kid in class was conspicuously wearing his keffiyeh for the first time today. I suspected why, confirmed when he brought up talking to a family member about what's going on (germane to the topic of class discussion, it was a PR/persuasion class).

Saw a young lady at wal mart wearing one yesterday, they had her checking receipts and she was putting on the most cartoonishly southern accent I've ever heard in my life

I was in a lovely mood when I walked up and felt bad about frowning at her because I can tell just by the dumb fake accent she was having a worse day than me

Edit: no seriously though it was "we cast Paula deen as the new Applejack" levels of southern pastiche

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Vishass posted:

So the explanation is that Hamas has a stealth bomber, but they only use it within the boarders of Gaza to specifically blow up Palestinians?

Hamas has a particle cannon in Alpha Centuri that they use exclusively to kill Palestinian children in order to photograph their corpse to show to the media. In fact, the entire reason Operation Al-Aqsa Flood was conducted was so that Israel would retaliate and kill Palestinians for even more photos to score sympathy from foreigners. This is because everything Hamas does is actually about me, the western viewer, all the time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

3000 died in 9/11. Like a thousand died in Oct 7.

So, the for the math to make sense, if it is 15 times worse then it means that an Israeli life is worth 45 American ones, which seems seems about right.

trucutru has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Oct 18, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Guy who would trade every American life for an Israeli one sides with the idf

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) told colleagues Wednesday morning that newly released signal intelligence indicates that groups within Gaza were responsible for the devastating explosion that killed hundreds of Palestinian civilians at the Al Ahli Arab hospital.

“As the president indicated — people should look at this — released signal intelligence confirms it appears that terrorist fighters within Gaza were responsible for the explosion and deaths, not the Israeli IDF,” Schumer said on the Senate floor, referring to the Israel Defense Forces.

“It is clear that terrorists in Gaza have no regard for civilian human life. As I have said and as the Biden administration has made clear, civilian life must be protected,” he added.

go rot in hell already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

every time I see one of these ABC "what to say" cheat sheets I think about some piece I read in the 1990s that said to improve your social skills pretend to be empathetic & care about people.

or, alternatively, you could just be empathetic & care about people.