Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mods change thread title to [P v I] GOLBAL INTIFADA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

ComradePeach posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any rumblings from OPEC of an oil embargo on the west yet.

lol if you think OPEC leaders are gonna give up $$$ to buy gold-plated mercedes for the sake of gaza strip

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Noise Complaint posted:

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1714703569742422201?s=20

Another strike, near Al-Quds hospital, looks and sounds exactly like the hospital strike yesterday.

exact same sound as the hospital missile strike

:thunk:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

you couldn’t pay me to click this

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Agrajag posted:

exact same sound as the hospital missile strike

:thunk:

no you see the fireball lasts too long must be arabs

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Apparently the US is engaging with rebellion forces in Iraq some who are trying to make their way to Lebanon

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1714742040095850686

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

https://x.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1714724242040770887?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quiggy posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
my early 2000s indie band, GOGOL INTAFADA

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Noise Complaint posted:

https://twitter.com/repmtg/status/1714729975159390318?s=46

i like how the global intifada chat group has a support desk

golbal deez nuts

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

my early 2000s indie band, GOGOL INTAFADA

yes where can i get their record

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

BTC ftw

Also, arguably an embargo by causing chaos in oil markets would probably increase the price of oil and lead to greater profits. The reason they aren't doing it is obvious, the Gulf has a ton of assets in the West and sanctions would be painful.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Oct 18, 2023

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1714742415666434362

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hubbert posted:

it's time for 1973 part 2

the west is all extremely over-extended from covid and ukraine. a 73-style embargo would probably cause some serious tribulations lol. the 79 embargo against iran caused a 4% reduction in global oil production that resulted in a doubling of oil prices and a decade of recession lol. with as fragile as everything is right now it could completely shatter the west and israel.
not sure how much of a problem it would be for the opec countries, though. they could probably sell some to china but china only needs so much but prices would spike and stay up a long time. might shake out all right for em

ComradePeach posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any rumblings from OPEC of an oil embargo on the west yet. Yes, things are much different than in the 70s with the US being a major producer of oil, but it is also in a uniquely vulnerable position right now after emptying the Strategic Reserve over the past couple years fighting a price war to keep Russian oil revenues down. As such the US would be in a very bad position to weather a severe supply shock.

Of course, the answer to why not is obviously the two carrier groups sitting in the Mediterranean at the moment. But, hasn't China been signing security agreements with several Arab and Gulf states?

If I were Xi, I'd be airlifting a bunch of anti-aircraft and anti-ship ballistic missile assets to the region as insurance against US intervention for any OPEC states that do participate in an embargo. It would be a way for China to finally make its move against the Great Satan without putting the mainland at risk like with an attack on Taiwan, and mark the beginning of a new era of Chinese dominance in Central Asia.

Xi, you know what you need to do!

iran has suggested an embargo against israel

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Apparently the US is engaging with rebellion forces in Iraq some who are trying to make their way to Lebanon

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1714742040095850686

any more on this?

e: they updated to include a picture.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cspam in shambles having to admit being a sadbrain ogrish slob doesnt automatically make you a good person

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Go gently caress yourself redditman

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Noise Complaint posted:

https://twitter.com/repmtg/status/1714729975159390318?s=46

i like how the global intifada chat group has a support desk

all this tells me is that america is on its back foot and has no idea how to respond or even what it is responding to. poo poo is bleak but the end is nigh for this evil empire of death

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

This guy seemed promising a while ago, oh well. Another dog of the empire.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Americans are going to get so confused by the difference (Lebanese) Hezbollah and Kata'ib Hezbollah

The US assassinated the head of Kata'ib Hezbollah when they killed Soleimani

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I like this map because you don't have to know what it represents to see how cleanly the world is cleaved in two

This makes certain countries seem cooler than they are, and then there are others (wtf Cameroon? lol)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ComradePeach posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any rumblings from OPEC of an oil embargo on the west yet. Yes, things are much different than in the 70s with the US being a major producer of oil, but it is also in a uniquely vulnerable position right now after emptying the Strategic Reserve over the past couple years fighting a price war to keep Russian oil revenues down. As such the US would be in a very bad position to weather a severe supply shock.

Of course, the answer to why not is obviously the two carrier groups sitting in the Mediterranean at the moment. But, hasn't China been signing security agreements with several Arab and Gulf states?

If I were Xi, I'd be airlifting a bunch of anti-aircraft and anti-ship ballistic missile assets to the region as insurance against US intervention for any OPEC states that do participate in an embargo. It would be a way for China to finally make its move against the Great Satan without putting the mainland at risk like with an attack on Taiwan, and mark the beginning of a new era of Chinese dominance in Central Asia.

Xi, you know what you need to do!

China's policy is non-interventionist still. Internal affairs are internal affairs

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Was the only reason people were into Fetterman was because he was running against Oz?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/MeetThePress/status/1714744019589230651?s=20

blinken over his shoulder lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ardennes posted:

Was the only reason people were into Fetterman was because he was running against Oz?

no he was plinkeys pet project

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Ardennes posted:

it’s a shame cuz senator oz would be infinitely funnier for very little material difference in this evil lovely empire

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

w0wzers epic gritty senator

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

quiggy posted:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/kuntensugi/status/1714432601405157473?s=46

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Resistance News Network posted:

⚫️ Deputy Secretary-General of PIJ, Muhammad al-Hindi, in an interview with Al-Mayadeen:

Most of the captives are soldiers, and this issue has many complications. No details will be discussed about it before the end of the aggression.

“Israel” is bombing places where there are captives and essentially, it does not want to engage in an exchange deal.

This is not "israel's" battle, but the battle of the West led by Biden.

When "israel" was shaken, the West came to breathe life into the entity that began to collapse.

Gaza is the entrance, but the goal is to change the face of the Middle East, and the battle is the West's battle.
(from t.me/PalestineResist/15638, via tgsa)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Please don't make me stop hating crypto.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Invasion soon

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1714744410280476776

err has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Oct 18, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what the fuc

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ardennes posted:

He was also a big guy with nonstandard dress and blue collar roots. It was aesthetic

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

lol he can barely string together a sentence

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ok gently caress fetterman hes a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Israel could nuke Gaza and the USA would stand around going “WHY WOULD HAMAS NUKE THEMSELVES????”