Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Just look at these plutocrat trashbags openly attacking public education like it's not transparent that they want education and critical thinking skills to be restricted to aristocracy. gently caress these infuriating piece of poo poo enemies of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sugar free jazz posted:

is elon musk really skibidy?

his image is in the toilet alright

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

5er posted:

Just look at these plutocrat trashbags openly attacking public education like it's not transparent that they want education and critical thinking skills to be restricted to aristocracy. gently caress these infuriating piece of poo poo enemies of humanity.

youre over thinking it, he's just mad his daughter is a daughter, its teh schools fault

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WhyteRyce posted:

Aliexpress is a great place to get knock off lego sets

:yeah:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

good lord

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

WhyteRyce posted:

Aliexpress is a great place to get knock off lego sets

I got an extremely cute Japanese coffee shop set off of there from “Cada” and it was extremely well made, nearly Lego quality, and the instructions were flawless. It’s actually kinda cool because the Chinese sets incorporate certain features like led string lights that Lego would never.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol yeah bot account runners def can't afford that

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Sir Tonk posted:

good lord

that's what I call Elon as well

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I feel like the answer to bot accounts is to have software that detects them. can't be that hard, especially on twitter where they're hilariously obvious

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

I feel like the answer to bot accounts is to have software that detects them. can't be that hard, especially on twitter where they're hilariously obvious

They tried that, but it flagged most of Elon's engagement, so it clearly doesn't work. Or so I'd assume.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so is musk even trying to do halloween again or did his tiny micro dick ego get hurt sooo much he's just going to ignore the holiday.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sir Tonk posted:

This is some Twitter 1.0 Woke Mind Virus thinking right here

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

kazil posted:

Yeah he's going to make it so Community Notes only let you use specific sources lol

Aww, so we won't see Community Notes responding to things like, "When a woman loves a man, her sex organ involuntarily sucks the man's up into herself" with a simple, "what the gently caress?!"

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 18, 2023

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
now you'll need to provide a citation proving that a woman's vagina doesn't work like a vacuum cleaner for dicks

it's just a total coincidence that this will make debunking conspiracy theories via community note almost impossible

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sorry, but you must site either the daily wire or epoch times with any information about why vaginas don't vacuum penises

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Strong Sauce posted:

update in case anyone wants to know: i guess some time ago i reset my password on twitter because it was having issues logging me in and i ended up changing it to some old password i was still using that may or may not have been compromised from haveibeenpwned. apparently i was also using it on my walmart account because someone bought something on there and used giftcards and now my account at walmart is closed for bad gift cards.

what i'm trying to say is elon sucks. but also lol if i'm going to trust elon if my twitter account gets hacked. imagine trying to get him to refund you or reinstate your account. he'd have to spend resources to investigate!

Twitter sucks but this sounds like two completely independent events caused by you using the same password multiple times

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Sir Tonk posted:

lol yeah bot account runners def can't afford that

lmao I can't wait until he starts getting hit with charge back fees as botters use stolen credit cards to make accounts en masse

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Sankis posted:

lmao I can't wait until he starts getting hit with charge back fees as botters use stolen credit cards to make accounts en masse

$1/year from every user won't even cover the processing fees from any PCP, let alone the compliance and etc. they'll need to cover before they can even start taking cards, with any organization that isn't basically running Billionaire Prince and phony call center scams out of their slushfunds.

My money's on him hearing about test transaction ($1-$11 charges that show up on your credit card statement but get removed later; they're there to validate the authenticity of the card) and thinking: `great we'll just implement our own version of that`.

But that's probably more thought than was actually given before or since.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The cyrrrtrvk event is coming

https://x.com/StockMKTNewz/status/1714741820414947604?s=20

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Very curious to see if they do like they did with the Tesla Semi (call it released and then never mention it again) or just shove that unfinished turd out to customer En Masse

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sticking out my gyat for teh elon

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

What's it going to deliver?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

MunchE posted:

Very curious to see if they do like they did with the Tesla Semi (call it released and then never mention it again) or just shove that unfinished turd out to customer En Masse

I would assume the latter, in order to help meet their vehicle delivery estimates by eoy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kazil posted:

What's it going to deliver?

A bounty of lol's for us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they are definitely going to try to hold the people who preordered to buy however many frankentrucks they manage to assemble over the next month and a half, and use FOMO to charge a much higher price than advertised and tell customers they have to accept it as is or lose their place in line. it will guarantee only the most rabid fans will buy them and gush about then no matter how terrible they are.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I mean, their earnings today was Not Good

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I mean, their earnings today was... Good

Look everyone, finance expert DeadFatDuckFat says earning are good!

You should buy!!!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
oh they had an earnings call today? lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pure enigma.

wokipedia lololol

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

but what about hunter... what about his long luscious cock....

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lol, Biden laptop

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ymgve posted:

Twitter sucks but this sounds like two completely independent events caused by you using the same password multiple times

yeah sorry, i was just doing a dumb joke. feel free to ignore.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

spreading false information about how to vote in an election? a victimless crime if i’ve ever seen one!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

they are definitely going to try to hold the people who preordered to buy however many frankentrucks they manage to assemble over the next month and a half, and use FOMO to charge a much higher price than advertised and tell customers they have to accept it as is or lose their place in line. it will guarantee only the most rabid fans will buy them and gush about then no matter how terrible they are.

Preorders cost $100, they don’t have that much leverage

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I mean, their earnings today was Not Good

your tesla will only unlock the door if you pay tesla one dollar.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

musk cant stand that theres still one major website online that is actually useful, informative, participatory, enjoyable even, that doesn't cost any money to use or exploit the brain's reward system to promote addictive behaviour, and isn't choked with ads and scams. it's woke. please fix

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 18, 2023

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

once i found out about the HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP FROM HELL I seriously regretted voting for Hunter Biden for president.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

cumpantry posted:

youre over thinking it, he's just mad his daughter is a daughter, its teh schools fault

You're not wrong re: him being a terrible father shifting the blame onto faceless public entities, but I overthought nothing also.