Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
very sensible, very electable :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
can't be playing those student politics by suggesting palestinian people are actually human beings

that's just blue sky thinking

not gonna get the tories out with that

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
oh i know i am a hopeless idealist, expecting human beings to have a right to water, food and not being indiscriminately slaughtered :allears:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1714614894480199842

:guillotine:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

crispix posted:

oh i know i am a hopeless idealist, expecting human beings to have a right to water, food and not being indiscriminately slaughtered :allears:

What if people that looked a bit like them did something bad though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A truly entrepeneurial nation would simply hunt the MP and feed him to their children.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, that's why he makes it so that people, especially disabled people and those with young children, are forced to choose between begging and being worse off in work.

Two parties that believe in 'work' but not the bit that comes after where you pay your workers fairly, cunts.

Palate cleanser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy8HI9ogaNg

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

My understanding is if you want to break out the old games, you are better off buying a few months of the PS Plus subscription that just let's you emulate old games, rather than try and find some old TV designed solely for playing retro consoles.
I powerfully wish they'd do a remake of New Vegas in whatever's the latest version of the skyrim/fallout engine. There aren't many things I would instantly, unquestioningly preorder, but if Obsidian put up an announcement saying they were crowdfunding to pay a team to port it to new consoles properly, I would happily bankrupt myself for that and I reckon a lot of other people would too.

I never really got into Vegas when it came out because I'd already exhausted my Fallout dopamine playing 3 to death by the time it came out, and also I was much younger and a bit of a dick back then, as evidenced by getting in an argument about bugs and KotOR2 with a poster I didn't realise was Josh Sawyer.

But in the intervening years I've read more about it and really want to try it, but there's something in my brain that refuses to buy a subscription to be allowed to sometimes play one game out of the (hundreds?) available, especially if it's doubtful that any of the money would actually go to the devs.

Oh, there's a way to swing it back round to UKMT territory - subscriptions fees and paying artists. They suck and rip artists off. I don't know how PS+/gamepass works but the models used by spotify, youtube, amazon etc are absolute dogshit.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Guavanaut posted:

The flat pins were never really very good at video frequencies compared to the actual way to do component though.

Bit like the British aerial plugs, which were only really rated up to 30MHz (low VHF) and should have been replaced with BNC or F connectors long ago.

I used to have a a monitor - one of the Sony ones with the two lines across - that IIRC used the individual colour connectors.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I can't play Obsidian games any more because I've got too old and impatient to spend a day researching, installing and troubleshooting all the mods that you need to make them actually good.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Angrymog posted:

I used to have a a monitor - one of the Sony ones with the two lines across - that IIRC used the individual colour connectors.

Real pros had some with 13W3 connectors and sync-on-green :smugdog:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
code Veronica X was the first RE game I got so it has a special spot for that but it's also just a solid RE game by itself, I never got why it wasn't more popular

Pistol_Pete posted:

I can't play Obsidian games any more because I've got too old and impatient to spend a day researching, installing and troubleshooting all the mods that you need to make them actually good.

last time I did new vegas I just used a recommended list (so they all worked without conflicts) that largely just bug fixed and made the graphics a bit prettier, didn't take long at all and was very low effort

I get what you mean though I spent over an hour today fixing skyrim mods so my eldest kid could keep going on a run

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Want to guess who is chair of trustees at the British Museum?

quote:

“Essentially we were the victims of an inside job by someone, we believe, who over a long period of time was stealing from the museum and the museum had put trust in,” Osborne told parliament’s culture, media and sport committee.

x

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Speaking from inside a hotdog costume, Mr Osborne assured reporters that everyone at the british museum was seeking the person responsible.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

code Veronica X was the first RE game I got so it has a special spot for that but it's also just a solid RE game by itself, I never got why it wasn't more popular

mostly suffered from Capcom releasing it on Dreamcast which had a miniscule userbase and being considered old news by the time it slunk onto PS2 years later, it's still considered good by those who play it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
These days of you're racist in greggs they call you racist, these days

They call you racist?

Yeah these days

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

DesperateDan posted:

Steve. Steve was a bad character. So, so bad.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

Real pros had some with 13W3 connectors and sync-on-green :smugdog:
I had a 21" Sun Microsystems monitor with one of those a long time ago. :cool:

I also had a vegetable bake in Greggs the other day and did not get called a racist, because I wasn't racist in Greggs. But I did get an Ikea style bag.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

frytechnician posted:

Steve. Steve was a bad character. So, so bad.

If you pressed the toggle target button when there was only one enemy he'd cross his uzis, so it's impossible to say if he's good or not.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Since they stated doing the vegan bake Greggs have not brought back the chicken fajita bake. This is very distressing to me.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1714712041846423794

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

josh04 posted:

Since they stated doing the vegan bake Greggs have not brought back the chicken fajita bake. This is very distressing to me.

This the beginning of you becoming an anti-woke crusader, godspeed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lol I don't really understand any of this but lol. Imagine Keir as pm making GBS threads his pants every 5 mins

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Who is this for? Keith might hold a different position for, like, 24 hours. He's just going to piss more people off. Again.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Whenever my fat rear end is queuing for a pre-train steak bake I (absolutely do not) see people walking straight In and out with food off the shelf. Greggs may be the most supportive no questions asked food bank in the country.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Their chicken goujons are the best I've ever had too

E: to be clear I do pay for mine

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

What if I told you Greggs is actually poo poo

National Meltdown

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Gregg's is free

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

greggs is fine, it's not the bastion weirdoes claim it to be but it provides a baseline level of quality for a decent enough price

being mad at it is like being mad about mcdonalds or homebase

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Greggs is good poo poo, but I’m very sad they don’t do the corned beef pasty down here in Manchester. It was always my favourite one. It’s now been replaced by the excellent sausage bean cheese melt in my rotation though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Tesseraction posted:

greggs is fine, it's not the bastion weirdoes claim it to be but it provides a baseline level of quality for a decent enough price

I'm mad about all of those

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm mad about all of those

Yeah but you've been barred from every hardware shop in a 50 mile radius, right?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Youtube is threatening me for some reason. Did Elon buy it or something?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*clerk seeing NJAN99 walking up to the store* HE'S BACK, GRAB THE NAIL GUNS

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol I don't really understand any of this but lol. Imagine Keir as pm making GBS threads his pants every 5 mins

keir finally made a solid political position, unfortunately it was pro genocide but baby steps

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Monica Bellucci posted:

Youtube is threatening me for some reason. Did Elon buy it or something?

Is it about ad blockers? If so purge and reload your adblocker's caches.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

keir finally made a solid political position

in his trousers

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

back or front, either joke works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

This. I'm less interested in the fresh baked stuff though, I'm a big fan of their baguettes, especially the tuna crunch.

As far as "cheap and cheerful" options go its the only one left aside from McDonalds. Fish and chips used to be that but thats gotten pricey now.