Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

At a certain point last year I recall the big question about Goff being "Can he connect properly with Jamo on the deep ball?".

It's entirely possible we still don't really know the answer to that even after his second 40+ yard TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bumhead posted:

At a certain point last year I recall the big question about Goff being "Can he connect properly with Jamo on the deep ball?".

It's entirely possible we still don't really know the answer to that even after his second 40+ yard TD.

Look he can get it near Jamo, and frankly...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Lmao this is like a Madden clip. Is Whitehair the same one that yelled at a defender instead of blocking him a few weeks back?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gorson posted:

Lmao this is like a Madden clip. Is Whitehair the same one that yelled at a defender instead of blocking him a few weeks back?

Savvy Veteran move.

This is like the second straight Center who's done everything possible to kill Fields. What does he do to make them hate him?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

HootTheOwl posted:

Savvy Veteran move.

This is like the second straight Center who's done everything possible to kill Fields. What does he do to make them hate him?

He touches their butts in an unfriendly way

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Besides his ability to make line calls, snap the ball, or block a guy Whitehair is a good center.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

trevorreznik posted:

the bears need to clean house. that means new coaches, new GM, new CEO, new ownership, new city, new state, new country.

send them to mexico city

I think we've already terrorized mexico enough as is.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Is this the return of Ron Mexico?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tinstaach posted:

goodness gracious this is one of the worst deep balls I've ever seen, what a play by Jamo to haul it in

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1714458022297120930

Check out the other pass he threw to Jamo on that drive that was incomplete. I think QB School guy breaks down this play.

On POD podcast they just said Jamo dropped it, but my god. Jamo was running a full speed and completely jammed on the brakes, to get 5 yards separation, and the ball Goff sent to him was a wounded duck that he had to come back in on to dive at and try and catch. Fairness to Goff he had a guy in his face, but it did look like a throw he doesn't have the arm strength for.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Besides his ability to make line calls, snap the ball, or block a guy Whitehair is a good center.

They had millions upon millions in cap space, but decided "nah, we're fine" at center.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Danny LaFever posted:

Check out the other pass he threw to Jamo on that drive that was incomplete. I think QB School guy breaks down this play.

On POD podcast they just said Jamo dropped it, but my god. Jamo was running a full speed and completely jammed on the brakes, to get 5 yards separation, and the ball Goff sent to him was a wounded duck that he had to come back in on to dive at and try and catch. Fairness to Goff he had a guy in his face, but it did look like a throw he doesn't have the arm strength for.

It's funny because Goff has mostly been really loving accurate this year, making throws that remind me of Stafford at his Staffordiest but when it comes to Jamo, the two just can't get synced. And they have two 40+ yard TDs anyway. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1714644975793668139

#WonTheTrade

Also, I love GMFB

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1714635733690941561

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 18, 2023

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

lol hell yes

This season got me hyped so hard, and everyone I talk to is absolutely jazzed as well. This game with BAL coming up isn't even a must-win, but if they do, the Lions are going to be basically unstoppable.

Looks like it's going to be mid-60s weather in Baltimore on Sunday, so that bodes well for Goff.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

That's not a nice thing to say to the Bears!

Bears don't deserve nice things.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao bears signed Trace McSorley to the PS

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

If the Lions beat the Ravens and go 6-1, i might spontaneously combust from excitement

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Danny LaFever posted:

Yeah that other ball on Sunday was even worse. It's got to be bad luck more than any kind of bad chemistry, nobody throws ducks like that to just one receiver. Although I wonder if there is some concern that Goff doesn't have the arm to throw these deep routes as far as Jamo can run them. I keep thinking about this throw against the Jets last year, it's remarkable how similar it is to the TD on Sunday, except it's not a wobbler and it's a post over the middle instead of a corner to the pylon:

https://youtu.be/uHKQc3vTe5M?t=199

Kind of small potatoes since he's doing everything else so well.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I think we'd all feel better if we'd seen more of Jamo in different ways.

I'm literally itching for him to hit one of these shorter receptions in open field and set off for 40 yards or house it. I feel like we've nearly seen that a couple of times, including the miscue against the Panthers.

Dude was drafted hurt and then got the silly suspension this year. It'll come together. Barring any more setbacks this year (dear god no) I think there's every chance Jamo is looking pretty frightening by December.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The depth of the Lions kind of works against him too. If Jamo's on the field and you're not in an empty set, that means you've sidelined one of ARSB/Raymond/Reynolds/LaPorta. I don't wanna do that!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Apples McGrind posted:

If the Lions beat the Ravens and go 6-1, i might spontaneously combust from excitement

When's the last time they were 6-1? Have we... ever been 6-1?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Jamo is on the st. Brown podcast on YouTube today premiering in 6 minutes. Why did I sign up for a training at work!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1714374073944330567

Bears only one game out of being in the hunt babyeee

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Holy hell, I thought the Lions-Seahawks regular season game would be loud at Ford Field, I can't even imagine it being a playoff game with the weight of three straight losses (and their most recent playoff loss) behind it

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

When's the last time they were 6-1? Have we... ever been 6-1?

1939, 1945, 1954 and 1956.

Every year except 1954 we missed the playoffs, 54 we lost the NFL Championship game.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I don’t want the Seahawks in the play-offs.

Anyone but. Genuinely I’d rather the 9ers or Eagles.

I’m not relying on “well we’ve got to get over this Pete Carroll thing eventually, right?” for such a big game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

MJeff posted:

NO

:sickos:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Bumhead posted:

I don’t want the Seahawks in the play-offs.

Anyone but. Genuinely I’d rather the 9ers or Eagles.

I’m not relying on “well we’ve got to get over this Pete Carroll thing eventually, right?” for such a big game.

I do, if we're exorcising the demons this year we're exorcising all the demons

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

tinstaach posted:

Unfortunately I don't think Washington is gonna make it to the NFC championship this year, that would be a fun revenge game.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

tinstaach posted:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

NO

Don't worry, Seattle has a lot more losing to do this season.

Friendship ended with Seahawks, Lions is new best friend.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

tinstaach posted:

See I agree 100%, I was just talking to my friend about this topic and the people who said they'd rather have SF or Philly. Nope. The story would be extra sweet if we destroyed them in the playoffs.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Dexo posted:

Browns vs Dolphins would actually be interesting. best offense vs best defense. it would only be interesting on paper of course, best defense always beats best offense

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

epic bacon posted:

Browns vs Dolphins would actually be interesting. best offense vs best defense. it would only be interesting on paper of course, best defense always beats best offense

By this metric that means so far this year’s elite offenses are the Chiefs, Ravens, and Steelers

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

NO

Lions are gonna get the bye, no need to worry

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

NO

The most Lions ending to the season ever.

But if you finally beat Seattle when it counts in the playoffs, that would be the best way to rubber stamp you guys have shattered the curse!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'll say this about Bagent. He killed it in front of the media today. I'm gonna miss him when Maxx Crosby breaks him over his knee like Bane broke Batman.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dexo posted:

For the #1 pick or the playoffs?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nervous posted:

For the #1 pick or the playoffs?

You say tomato. I say to-mah-to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sat for the first session on my new half sleeve today and the artist spent about 30 minutes blasting (supposedly ironically?) Creed, I feel the universe is blessing Kirk Cousins and the Vikings this week