Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Considering how monster groups stand perfectly still as you ride by them now I'm wondering if they had to commit some real coding crimes to speed up the horse. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

It's probably because the monsters need to load the characters stash tabs whenever you ride past them.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Fire sorc doing anything fun for anyone?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
its funny how hardcore is so much less popular that ive had zero lag, zero crashes, hitching, etc and thats all probably because there's 8 people online at any given time

i disconnected zero times last season or preseason over like 2-3 months of playing

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I’m surprised by these vampire zone event things. When I first heard about them I didn’t really give a poo poo, but when I finally was able to play I was just running around killing monsters, consistently, for like 2 hours. I love it, this is exactly what I play this dumb game for.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
lol do the seasonal emotes work for anyone?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Season 2's sounding good

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mayveena posted:

I just got disconnected from the game. Guess I'll be back in a few days when they can keep the servers going.

seems like they deployed a hotfix that kicked people off, servers seem to otherwise be up, though maybe laggy depending

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Doomykins posted:

Considering how monster groups stand perfectly still as you ride by them now I'm wondering if they had to commit some real coding crimes to speed up the horse. :allears:

they do not load in in time for me on my series X. that’s why i was saying the horse is too fast yesterday. i get what look like texture popins and monsters loading into places i previously was sprinting through after im gone

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So what classes seem to be getting the most love this season? I’ve done Rogue and Necro, thinking about Sorc.

(I also got Sorc on the wheel spin so seems fated)

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Verviticus posted:

its funny how hardcore is so much less popular that ive had zero lag, zero crashes, hitching, etc and thats all probably because there's 8 people online at any given time

i disconnected zero times last season or preseason over like 2-3 months of playing

I think the crossplay disabled pc client is unaffected by whatever they're experiencing, on softcore I've experienced none of it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

After checking both the Maxroll and Icyveins guides for poison shred druid my verdict is that they're both written by people with brain damage

Like what the gently caress am I supposed to do with this as a complete thought:

quote:

As you can see in the table above, we have all of our skills and our Key Passive, this completes our entire skill bar relatively quickly (which if you are making a Seasonal Character you already start with 10 skill points so it is even faster). Remember the Werebear skill in the table above: Debilitating RoarDebilitating Roar, this break you out of werewolf and put into Bear.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d4/guides/shred-druid-leveling-build/

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 19, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Timbs posted:

After checking both the Maxroll and Icyveins guides for poison shred druid my verdict is that they're both written by people with brain damage

yeah i'm just gonna dad game my way into a build. just gonna vibe and hope it works out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It also tells you to put multiple points into a skill that isn't on your hotbar instead of the skill that is

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tiny Timbs posted:

It also tells you to put multiple points into a skill that isn't on your hotbar instead of the skill that is

quote:

As you can see in the table above, we have all of our skills and our Key Passive, this completes our entire skill bar relatively quickly (which if you are making a Seasonal Character you already start with 10 skill points so it is even faster). Remember the Werebear skill in the table above: Debilitating RoarDebilitating Roar, this break you out of werewolf and put into Bear. If you come across the Dire Wolf's Aspect, imprint it to you gear and drop Cataclysm and replace it with Grizzly Rage and all of its supportive passives.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What does that have to do with the points you put into Debilitating Roar?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tiny Timbs posted:

What does that have to do with the points you put into Debilitating Roar?

You need points somewhere to move up the tree, may as well stick em in debilitating roar until you have enough points to take cataclyrsm. And then should you ever get that specific aspect, you swap out of cataclysm for debilitating roar.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

You need points somewhere to move up the tree, may as well stick em in debilitating roar until you have enough points to take cataclyrsm. And then should you ever get that specific aspect, you swap out of cataclysm for debilitating roar.

It's telling you to swap Cataclysm for Grizzly Rage, not Debilitating Roar. Debilitating Roar shares the same node as Blood Howl, a skill you actually use that should get the points instead of Debilitating Roar (which do nothing even when you do switch to Grizzly Rage).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Are there not some passives you can stick points in?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

It's telling you to swap Cataclysm for Grizzly Rage, not Debilitating Roar. Debilitating Roar shares the same node as Blood Howl, a skill you actually use that should get the points instead of Debilitating Roar (which do nothing even when you do switch to Grizzly Rage).

Huh, you're right! It is me that is illiterate. Well I used debilitating until I got cataclysm and then ditched debilitating to start putting points in gait so I can go fast.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hemomancy made the early game so much more tolerable. It just cleans up all the random stragglers that are otherwise annoying to kill when you're stuck in builder/spender purgatory with no build of any kind online yet.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

Huh, you're right! It is me that is illiterate. Well I used debilitating until I got cataclysm and then ditched debilitating to start putting points in gait so I can go fast.

that's still a lot of bear skills when i just wanna be a wolf that poisons things

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
starting to hit the fun wall right around when nmd are forced again. I guess realistically, I could just skip the glyph system entirely, but I want that power. I'm a bit concerned that even if you collect and hold all the endgame fun tickets leading up to 100, that you'll burn through them pretty quick unless you want to do rota's, and to get more you have to do whisper turn ins, which is counter productive to leveling the glyphs. gold is basically meaningless, so good luck trading for fun tickets except for other fun tickets.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yea, NMDs suck! They need to come up with something else by s3.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Soonmot posted:

that's still a lot of bear skills when i just wanna be a wolf that poisons things

I haven't been following a guide and want to be a wolf since it was fun in d2. I picked all the purple skills and have them maxed out, with the wolf pet for my summon. I'm only level 30 in WT2 and it is taking me 10+ seconds to kill the larger trash enemies, while hemomancy obliterates all the smaller ones instantly. My supposed "ultimate" skill doesn't even take off 25% of an elite's health. I am permanently stunned, frozen, slowed, poisoned, dazed, downed, immobilized, or some combination thereof. The butcher showed up in a dungeon I was only doing for the seasonal quest and it was basically a forced death because I could not hurt him or run away far enough to teleport.

Shred is a worse skill than any monk generator in d3. Rabies is a flashy graphical effect with no gameplay influence. The pets don't take any heat off of me, or deal appreciable damage.

What is this game?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Tokubetsu posted:

Yea, NMDs suck! They need to come up with something else by s3.

S3 needs Looking For Group by activity_tag. Just do that. Even in the current season I just wanna have some buds to run around killing ghouls with.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tonetta posted:

starting to hit the fun wall right around when nmd are forced again. I guess realistically, I could just skip the glyph system entirely, but I want that power. I'm a bit concerned that even if you collect and hold all the endgame fun tickets leading up to 100, that you'll burn through them pretty quick unless you want to do rota's, and to get more you have to do whisper turn ins, which is counter productive to leveling the glyphs. gold is basically meaningless, so good luck trading for fun tickets except for other fun tickets.

To make it more fun, one of the last challenges is to level up I think 5 glyphs to level 21.

That plus having to kill uber Lilith again, I'm gonna pass on trying to do all of them this time around.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
My dad kept bugging me to buy this so he had someone to party up with, I kept saying yeah yeah one day, then yesterday he gifted it to me out of the blue lol

I did the campaign skip but apparently I need to do a quest to unlock the horse, but I don't seem to be able to start it? Maybe my brain is too smooth but I couldn't see how to do it in the season on that character, do I have to do the campaign on another character or something? Hope not, looked like a long boring slog when I was watching him play.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
You... don't get the horse if you skip campaign?! It's normally unlocked by doing a quest at the start of Act 4, but it's so essential to overworld travel that you'd think it would be provided for seasonal play :psypop:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Uhh I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or just a consequence of the increased mob density / active player base but if you just stand still in a blood harvest zone you'll gain a crazy amount of passive XP. Not really worth not going around and killing monsters on your own, but I stopped to reply to a text message for about 30 seconds and was surprised when I dinged just standing completely still. Then I looked at my XP bar and it was slowly and steadily increasing towards another level.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah I found some reddit posts about people with the same issue, though nobody has said they were able to unlock it by doing the campaign, and I assume it would, but I'd prefer not to have to play through it up to that point if possible. Sounds kinda dumb to want to avoid the story stuff but I have zero interest in it personally, only playing for my old man's sake. It unlocked all the waypoints, tree of whispers etc but no horse for me for now afaik.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The campaign is the only good thing about the game

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Swilo posted:

You... don't get the horse if you skip campaign?! It's normally unlocked by doing a quest at the start of Act 4, but it's so essential to overworld travel that you'd think it would be provided for seasonal play :psypop:

Like, you don't get it at all? Seriously?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Well you can't unskip*, so you'd have to make a new character and play up to that point to unlock it for your account.

*why the hell can't we replay chapters of the campaign at will after clearing it like in every previous game

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Zeg posted:

Fire sorc doing anything fun for anyone?

Following maxroll’s firewall sorc leveling guide and it has been pretty fun. A bit weak against bosses at the moment but nothing serious and already killed the butcher once.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Swilo posted:

what? I had my horse from lvl 1 and I skipped the campaign
e: for seasonal

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Tonetta posted:

Yeah, even before getting into nmd's, it has been a drag just going out to get aspects again. Really wish they a way to turn on a similar level of density in the dungeons as in the vampire zone.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I do wish my Discord Dads gave a drat about any of these developments in diablo 4. I'd run some dungeons with my dang druid and them.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DNK posted:

S3 needs Looking For Group by activity_tag. Just do that. Even in the current season I just wanna have some buds to run around killing ghouls with.

Go back to sea of thieves, you socially active swine. What's next? You'll want to trade items with your so called "friends"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

what? I had my horse from lvl 1 and I skipped the campaign
e: for seasonal

Looking into it, it's only an issue for folks who never completed the campaign at all.