Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

wilderthanmild posted:

Dude, blindsiding himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Imagine getting voted out even though someone else asked to go home lmao

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
They're 100% changing the contracts from this point forward to keep people from quitting my wife said as this bullshit is going down.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

How did Jeff even let this season air

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Diabetic posted:

They're 100% changing the contracts from this point forward to keep people from quitting my wife said as this bullshit is going down.

Yeah Jeff saying "engineering a quit" shows he's not remotely cool with it

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Diabetic posted:

I mean, here's the thing... This just injected another sweet twist of drama. Without any contrivances.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
They vote out Sifu Sean just gonna ride piggy back on him? Like WTF is this vote even?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I hate this season again.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

This is ridiculous, but I would have died laughing if Sifu went home after all that

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Mirotic posted:

I mean, here's the thing... This just injected another sweet twist of drama. Without any contrivances.

But the drama was going to be the tribe voting against their own to go with Sean and get out Sifu

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
There's going to be a reckoning over that stray vote

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

maybeadracula posted:

I assume it was Sean voting for someone he knew had no votes

E: The Dee vote, I mean

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SteveVizsla posted:

I assume it was Sean voting for someone he knew had no votes

Sure but Sifu isn't going to be happy about a vote on him

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's terrible but that Boston accent in the preview had me dying.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Did what he feels is right

Isn't he just going to wait at Ponderosa sequestered until it's over anyway?

All he did was give up the chance to win a lot of money

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That was incredibly dumb, but at least it looks like Emily will be entertaining us for a while longer, so that's cool.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

It's terrible but that Boston accent in the preview had me dying.

I can't take anything he says seriously

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

maybeadracula posted:

He's probably allowed to call him and stuff, I guess?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

maybeadracula posted:

Yeah, two people are going to quit before a challenge instead.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

maybeadracula posted:

I think they go on vacation in Australia or similar after production clears Ponderosa out for the jurors. But yeah, he ain't going home.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I decided at the beginning of this episode that Sean is really annoying so this is an acceptable outcome, though still annoying. He's a pro!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm still so annoyed at this. Like dude, you finally had things go right and engineered a blindside. Just hang on another day.

At least Hannah had some indication before hand.

Edit: engineered might be overselling it. He was definitely about to be part of one until he quit.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 19, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol I really wanted them to hold this poor dude hostage.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
So sick of tribes thinking they need to vote out ThE THrEatS who are completely carrying their tribes in challenges while getting dunked on.
Yeah yeah the challenges are designed to require big strong men which is lame but it’s still a fact.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

shazbot posted:

So sick of tribes thinking they need to vote out ThE THrEatS who are completely carrying their tribes in challenges while getting dunked on.
Yeah yeah the challenges are designed to require big strong men which is lame but it’s still a fact.

To be fair, Sifu seems really weird in a way that would probably make me want to vote him out. He just exudes this really annoying energy I don't know if I could stand for more than a couple days.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

wilderthanmild posted:

To be fair, Sifu seems really weird in a way that would probably make me want to vote him out. He just exudes this really annoying energy I don't know if I could stand for more than a couple days.

Fair enough. I’d be the first to roll my eyes at the dude. But you gotta put up with it in order to save your tribe til the merge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sifu definitely seems like he could be completely exhausting and impossible to play with. Like it’s one thing if he annoys you the way that one lady is pressed with Bruce. But if he’s like that all the time then that might mean you can’t have a meaningful game talk with him because he’s singing and being weird. And then that’s gonna breed paranoia about what he’d do when he has the chance or if you can count on him to when it counts.

But drat, something broke every Lulu member to their core. My working theory is Caleb is some sort of vampire preying on all of them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wtf even is this show anymore

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

CODChimera posted:

wtf even is this show anymore

yeah it’s crazy, no one has quit the show before this season

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

But drat, something broke every Lulu member to their core. My working theory is Caleb is some sort of vampire preying on all of them.

Not having fire and eating raw cocnuts on a deserted island while you continuously lose challenge after challenge is probably a mentally taxing experience. Both Emily and Caleb seemed absolutely ecstatic to have finally won immunity. poo poo, Emily started crying.

On the other end I bet Sean felt the literal opposite. Like he was trapped and doomed to just keep doing this until voted off, possibly even the next day, since he'd still be the odd man out after Sifu.

Combine that with Lulu having someone already do the unthinkable and quit earlier, I kinda get how he did it.

It still loving sucks and I hate him anyone for quitting though. At least he made it longer than Hannah I guess.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

RandomHodge posted:

yeah it’s crazy, no one has quit the show before this season

3 quits if you count brandon and it’s week 4

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

blue squares posted:

Only a few more hours until we finally have something more interesting to talk about than a contestant who was voted out two weeks ago

Good job on the monkey's paw

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
watching 44 seasons of people living in lovely conditions on an island and thinking "surely they'll put us in hotels this time"

poo poo dude you're literally more than a third of the way through the season and it's not like you get to go hang out with your husband tomorrow anyway

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Geez, no way I can survive another 20 days without my husband. I gotta ask to be voted out!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

instead of using their sob stories to reach middle america during the course of the season they instead turn their season into their personal sob stories, what an interesting shift

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

3 quits if you count brandon and it’s week 4

Why would you count Brandon? He sucked at the game but he didn’t quit or ask to be voted out.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

overall another good episode i thought but drat these quitters are annoying, i would be fuming if i was the alternate watching this

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm trying to remember, have there been any quits in the new era before this season?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm trying to remember, have there been any quits in the new era before this season?

Technically Matthew last season but his shoulder was so hosed up that it's honestly lovely of them to call it a quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

maybeadracula posted:

So glad they still made them vote this time.

Julie called it a "last minute audible" to vote Sifu so I wonder if they were voting out Sean before, or if she was just calling it an audible in that it was overriding Sean's own request to go.

Come on though Sean, they don't put you on a plane back home, they keep you in Ponderosa unless you shred your contract!