Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Last video for me on Youtube, apparently. Yes I did the thing and the other thing. Lecher Bitch since you ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Had a friend who uses three computers at home.
One for work only.
One for surfing internet and email only.
One for playing games on/social media/any other non-work programs.
He's paranoid about his work, which last time was talking to him was trying to start a medical cannabis company up and running.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Totally not listening to Swamped by Lacuna Coil on Youtube, my this taxi driver seems interesting.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

happyhippy posted:

Had a friend who uses three computers at home.
One for work only.
One for surfing internet and email only.
One for playing games on/social media/any other non-work programs.
He's paranoid about his work, which last time was talking to him was trying to start a medical cannabis company up and running.

He should just do all his dodgy stuff using a burner OS.

https://tails.net/

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Same; I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it.

... And you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

I use an electromechanical golfball typewriter hooked up to a five line Telex machine to order sausage and chips.

You have been compromised, sorry.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Moscow now knows the secret batter recipe.

Hopefully nobody tells the CIA that the chip shops have oil.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Never look directly at a website with the naked eye. I use a pinhole projector to safely project websites onto a piece of paper.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sorry for the late internet reply as i only read posts after they have been handwritten on velum for my leisurely perusal. :lofty:

YT still ok for me atm.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/edcmpbl/status/1714701354562654718

A snapshot of British voters

e: The loving state of this:

https://twitter.com/anyotherleader/status/1714958810043867498

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 19, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ah, so thats why Rishi is in Israel, to take the headlines away from Labour winning the by elections.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TACD posted:

Never look directly at a website with the naked eye. I use a pinhole projector to safely project websites onto a piece of paper.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/CeilNoyle/status/1714961668948562322/photo/1

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Just Another Lurker posted:

Sorry for the late internet reply as i only read posts after they have been handwritten on velum for my leisurely perusal. :lofty:

YT still ok for me atm.

I get around adblockers by simply hiring a troupe of actors to come to my home and re-enact any youtube video that I want to watch.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

I'm sure the fellow with face tattoos, ear plugs, a scruffy beard and half a dozen bits of jingle-jangle around his neck would have a really positive and accepting chat with the Company Sergeant Major if they did conscription and he was called up...

What am I saying? He'd be too old and face tats would probably be a barring characteristic. Just another person vindictively wanting to force people into the armed services to "sort 'em out" while not embodying any of the values he supposedly desires.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I have my unseen captors hold up shapes in front of a fire so that they cast a shadow onto the wall of my cave prison, and use this setup to recreate Mr. Beast videos and fortnite montages.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good way to keep your parasocial relationships platonic.

BalloonFish posted:

Just another person vindictively wanting to force people into the armed services to "sort 'em out" while not embodying any of the values he supposedly desires.
My granddad got to be an engineer rather than a ditch digger in the middle of nowhere because of the army saying "do you have any interests?" "I like those new radios" "excellent, you'll be learning how to service lots of those for a couple of years", but I suspect that conscription man just wants the martialism and brutality bits and not the teaching kids skills and having big organizations like the GPO and BBC that would love to apprentice you afterwards, because you can do all of that without having a giant conscript standing army for the types of wars that most people don't want.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Good way to keep your parasocial relationships platonic.

My granddad got to be an engineer rather than a ditch digger in the middle of nowhere because of the army saying "do you have any interests?" "I like those new radios" "excellent, you'll be learning how to service lots of those for a couple of years", but I suspect that conscription man just wants the martialism and brutality bits and not the teaching kids skills and having big organizations like the GPO and BBC that would love to apprentice you afterwards, because you can do all of that without having a giant conscript standing army for the types of wars that most people don't want.

I think you and I have agreed on this before, but we've had a clear demonstration in recent years of what happens when you have conscript army with the rank and file being 'trained' by being shouted at and punched and just made to do physical labour and drill over and over again. It's called the Russian Army and neither its military performance nor its morale, values or élan are particularly enviable, despite its apparently overwhelming size and the fact that certain sorts of right-winger find the images of muscly, bare-chested, shaven-headed men fighting each other to be so :swoon: compelling :syoon:

And I think you're absolutely right - if you wanted to 'sort the kids out' (and benefit society more broadly) a massive national skills/experience programme, possibly with some sort of structured residential element to throw people from different places and backgrounds together, develop some teamwork, confidence and leadership and some new experiences (a sort of Outward Bound deal) would be far better than just reflexively wanting them to be sent to Aldershot to peel potatoes (just kidding, you can't get squaddies to peel spuds for the canteen anymore - all the catering for military bases in the UK is outsourced to the private sector now...).

For all the "facts don't care about your feelings", "common sense" and the distaste for "virtue signalling" these people do, they don't half love the idea of conscription - something that is of no actual benefit, than the armed forces have consistently said they don't want and couldn't make use of and that is purely an idea based on knee-jerk and nostalgia. Like most modern conservativism.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wouldn't wave at him, would serve in his cabinet. Was fine when the "antisemitism" happened, right up until the point where a report about it came out. Love my deeply principled politician

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"We're having a lot of problems with youths, a demographic whos future we have completely destroyed, treat like an inconvenience when it comes to planning any kind of amenities for them, and advocate sending to die in foreign countries. No idea why they hate us and are always hanging round outside the co-op."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Accidentally ended up reading a grauniad "dining across the divide" and it's pretty wild how they tend to get a nice lefty with reasonable opinions and then the other person will be like "I'm gay but if the population voted for me to be jailed for being gay well that's democracy" or "I'm a 22 year old green party member turned catholic tory and I believe euthanasia is wrong because animals are too stupid to make their own decisions but humans aren't"

yes those are both real

loving wild levels of lead distribution.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

forkboy84 posted:

Wouldn't wave at him, would serve in his cabinet. Was fine when the "antisemitism" happened, right up until the point where a report about it came out. Love my deeply principled politician

Remember, the media didn't exaggerate the antisemitism problem in the Labour party. When the Simon Weisenthal Centre published an article claiming Jeremy Corbyn was the most dangerous Anti-Semite on the planet? Not an exaggeration. According to Starmer, he served in a government that was more antisemitic than Hamas.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

You leftists are always criticising Tony Blair over the Iraq war, but its an undeniable fact that the amount of deaths caused by that would be significantly less than the hypothetical ones that would have happened during Jeremy Corbyn's Holocaust 2.0.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/dave24144975/status/1714661778561323395

I do appreciate how the police first targeted the violent nutcase

https://twitter.com/bigfadge/status/1714967762483761579

There's also this going on:

https://twitter.com/StpDeportations/status/1714984312892744020

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 19, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1714982889681478093

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"Buddy I don't even care about my own citizens."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a massive push by the fascists and cunts to ban the march this Saturday:

https://twitter.com/QWERTYu85876314/status/1715000780057403540

There's also a longer video of the attempted murder of protesters

https://twitter.com/JustStop_Oil/status/1714993705256353944

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 19, 2023

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Lol, how dare the BBC suggest that Israel bombed the hospital, when Israel blatantly bombed the hospital.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

We're definitely speedrunning into a dystopian hell. I don't think it's going to be long until talk of genocide, war crimes and ethnic cleansing will become literally illegal. I think they'll legally define every Palestinian and their supporters as Hamas, an already proscribed group, and the legislation is already there for the boot of authority to stamp out dissent.

I don't think we're on a very good timeline

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

fuctifino posted:

We're definitely speedrunning into a dystopian hell. I don't think it's going to be long until talk of genocide, war crimes and ethnic cleansing will become literally illegal. I think they'll legally define every Palestinian and their supporters as Hamas, an already proscribed group, and the legislation is already there for the boot of authority to stamp out dissent.

I don't think we're on a very good timeline

Come out and protest with us. Last Saturday nearly 200,000 people in London alone said "gently caress off" to the vision of the future you're describing and it was good.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

frytechnician posted:

Come out and protest with us. Last Saturday nearly 200,000 people in London alone said "gently caress off" to the vision of the future you're describing and it was good.

I've been too ill to leave my town centre since I moved here 7 years ago. I'm part of the online shitposting army and I'll be there in spirit! I wish I could be there with you in person.

e: and no laws, existing or new will ever stop me from calling a genocide a genocide

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 19, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Been a bad timeline for a while. And our best bet is for Sunak to call a snap election based off the Israel knob slobbering and losing to Keith, who will then be moderately less fascist.

Wrap this country up we're too long in the tooth.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Lol, how dare the BBC suggest that Israel bombed the hospital, when Israel blatantly bombed the hospital.

It's more likely that a it was a Palestinian rocket malfunction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHuNmDGb5eU&t=91s

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dabir posted:

I don't know why you are posting that person as gospel? He comes across as a loving idiot in the videos of his I've watched. I've never understood his attraction

All evidence points that it was an IDF missile/bomb.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 19, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pistol_Pete posted:

There does appear to be some evidence it might not have been an Israeli airstrike but the most damning evidence in my opinion (for it being exactly that) is that supposed audio of Hamas talking about the explosion, which Israel appears to have probably fabricated given the comments from analysts. Channel 4 news has a segment about the the evidence for and against, but there's no definitive answer: https://www.channel4.com/news/who-was-behind-the-gaza-hospital-blast-visual-investigation

I don't think Hamas did it deliberately - an accident at best - but honestly I wouldn't put it past them to do it to stoke a wider conflict. The barbarity of their initial attack suggests they want to trigger a major, 'last stand' conflict.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Israel provided videos purporting to show it was a failed Hamas rocket which showed all the lights still on in Gaza, so it was old footage from the offset. There was another timestamped video that was 40 mins AFTER the hospital attack. The one bit of video that definitely shows the strike, the audio is exactly the same as Israeli JDAM
bombs

But instead of focusing on that attack, just look at all the other occasions that Israel targets hospitals, schools, mosques etc. Because they targeted another hospital last night and flattened a mosque, waiting for it to be filled up with thirsty children first

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 19, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Nope, Channel 4 and Al-Jazeera have largely ruled out that narrative, not least by pointing out that the IDF repeatedly used blatantly faked evidence for it. Biden's comments on the matter were incoherent, but seemed to indicate that the US's independent evidence was just that same faked IDF stuff all over again.

https://x.com/owenjones84/status/1715023708845199795?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Turns out the people who struck the hospital with missiles twice and then gave its owners three telephoned warnings to evacuate probably did bomb the hospital.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Yeah as the C4 news clip notes, Israel has a pattern of bombing civilian targets (either deliberately or accidentally) and then lying about it (badly). On balance I think it's more likely than not that Israel did it. But i wouldn't put it at 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the amount of credulity people have towards IDF handwaving is mind boggling