Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

its me i can't help looking at the train wreck

https://twitter.com/timnitGebru/status/1715047992535969799?t=70JaJZ28qb7HI8dCpAquZA&s=19

https://twitter.com/StopAntisemites/status/1714073317315887385?t=70JaJZ28qb7HI8dCpAquZA&s=19

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1714397268047200285?t=70JaJZ28qb7HI8dCpAquZA&s=19

https://twitter.com/TharkiTukda/status/1714220257639006593?t=70JaJZ28qb7HI8dCpAquZA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I’m normally pretty cynical and jaded about this stuff but I was buckling my son in his stroller just now and I thought about how he’s never done anything to anyone and how all he wants is to be loved, and he deserves a chance to grow up, and then I thought about all the Palestinian babies who want and deserve the same things and now I’m really hosed up

same. my kids are older, my youngest is 10 now, but the video of the shaking kid being comforted by the doctor completely hosed me up. dti.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1715036953912259006

There's no real way for Israel to make statements like this publicly and then back down without suffering permanent humiliation on the international stage. You can't really back down from rhetoric like this.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Israeli economy minister says captives, civilians secondary to destroying Hamas: Report

ABC news reports that Israeli Economy Minister Nir Barakat has said captive and civilian casualties will be secondary to destroying Hamas, “even if it takes a year”.

“We shall do all efforts to bring our hostages, to bring our hostages [back] alive…” he told ABC, but the “first and last priority” is destroying Hamas.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

There's no real way for Israel to make statements like this publicly and then back down without suffering permanent humiliation on the international stage. You can't really back down from rhetoric like this.

They can do whatever they want and the west will ask them to peg them harder OP.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
what is the IDF?

a miserable little pile of secrets!

but enough talk…

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

They can do whatever they want and the west will ask them to peg them harder OP.

the west doesn't matter the internal audience (israeli soldiers) do

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

smoobles posted:

this situation in Gaza is NOT le epic. this is not ftw.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

I woke up thinking about the twinkly-eyed pre-schooler in gaza wearing a tam who was killed with her family.

I've concertedly avoided the videos & even the pics of death but the tweet with her pic just destroyed me.

same. i can't understand any of it. i just want to hug my family. so many of their families have been destroyed, and for what? nothing justifies genocide, nothing.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm lucky I can compartmentalize most bad tragedies and other horrific things going on, but children are innocent, and the video of them dancing and playing on the hospital grounds just a few hours before the bombing really hosed me up hard. :smith:

:same:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Stairmaster posted:

they dont want to invade gaza. they're terrified. they think smoke monsters are going to gobble them up if they go in there.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Razing Gaza from the air fastly is possible, but Israel doesn't have the types and numbers of aircraft they would need to do that. They're using a few hundred tactical fighters that carry a few tons of bombs at a go, which means you need tens of thousands of sorties to deliver the kind of explosive mass needed to level a city. Dedicated heavy bombers carry ten times more, which is important because you have to deal with maintenance cycles, ground crews, available crews, etc. to generate each sortie, things that don't change that much regardless of which type of aircraft you're turning around. Even ATC and available runways become a limiting factor at a certain point. It's not just (or even mainly) about the raw number of bombs available. They're the same basic reasons why artillery throws more bomb for the same money than aircraft do.

and of course

quote:

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) is the second largest user of the F-16 Fighting Falcon, second only to the U.S. Air Force and its reserve components. The IAF achieved the type's first air-to-air victories when its F-16s shot down two aircraft, a Mil Mi-8 helicopter and a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 fighter plane, both Syrian, in April and July 1981 respectively.[50]

The IAF took delivery of its first F-16s earlier than expected after the cancellation of the sale of F-16s to the Iranian Air Force. The IAF had announced plans to buy 75 F-16s as early as 1978, and deliveries were carried out under American Foreign Military Sales program Peace Marble I. These F-16A/Bs received the Hebrew nickname "Netz" (Hawk). Peace Marble II witnessed the delivery of a further 75 block 30 F-16C/Ds to the IAF. Israel's F-16 fleet was further expanded by Peace Marble III, which brought 30 block 40 F-16Cs and 30 two-seat F-16Ds to the IAF between 1991 and 1993. These newer models were nicknamed "Barak" ("lightning"). In part to reward Israel for its restraint during the Gulf War, a shipment of 50 US-surplus F-16As and F-16Bs were delivered in 1994.

In a deal worth $4.5 billion, Israel also ordered 102 additional block 52+ F-16Ds, designated F-16I and nicknamed "Sufa" (Storm). Deliveries of these took place between 2004 and 2009.[51]

In July 2013, Israel began a program called Teuza (boldness) for the purpose of turning some military bases into sales lots for obsolete IDF equipment. Older F-16 models would be sold off, or sold for scrap if there were no buyers. Main buyers were expected from Latin American, Asian, and African countries.[52] Later that month, Major General Amir Eshel ordered the immediate shutdown of two squadrons of F-16A/B fighters, without any earlier notice to the squadrons' air and ground crews. The shutdown was caused by cuts in defence budget; additionally, it was claimed that one F-16I could replace several F-16s of older models. The aging F-16A/Bs were planned to be decommissioned in 2017 with the arrival of the F-35 Lightning II. However, the decision was made to advance the retirement of these aging platforms. One F-16A/B squadron continued to serve as an advanced jet trainer unit until the deliveries of Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Masters began in 2014.[53] The final F-16A/Bs were retired on 26 December 2016.[54]

They neoliberalized their air force, further reducing their actual capability in favor of :w00t: precision networked strike :w00t:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Big daddy 'murica will send in troops for Israel if they don't want to go in.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

death to israel

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Buddykins posted:

death to israel

:haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow: :haibrow:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The city of Gaza saying goodbye to its sister city Barcelona broke me last week.

The idea of an entire city saying goodbye is

My brain freezes up every time I even

Every time I try to comprehend that

My brain says no

It’s for your own good no

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1715072487619215765

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Buddykins posted:

death to israel

we’re sending as much as we can!!!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm lucky I can compartmentalize most bad tragedies and other horrific things going on, but children are innocent, and the video of them dancing and playing on the hospital grounds just a few hours before the bombing really hosed me up hard. :smith:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Now I can’t think again

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Lol, horrifying

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Now I can’t think again

Did you accidentally look at D&D?

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

mcmagic posted:

Imagine watching these two stupid motherfuckers

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

More drone attacks on US bases in Iraq.
https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1715071614138695713

Likudniks are getting so hyped up and pissed at Russia that they are threatening to join the war in Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/DD_Geopolitics/status/1715013137186042036

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

moths posted:

Second, they're doing the junk science thing where you start with the conclusion and backfill any supporting information, however flimsy. This is how you "prove" evolution is fake, man walked with dinosaurs, vaccines cause autism, etc etc.

This is also just the direct result of the way their "research" works. Since it's just googling/internet stuff, they (almost by necessity) start with their conclusion and then start looking up stuff to support it. They're generally not going to see information they're not looking for because, well, they're not looking for it.

"Traditional" research using actual books and stuff actually requires that you read the books, so you'll be exposed to a bunch of other context and information. But with this internet stuff, it's all guided by their intentions. "I'm looking for X to try and prove Y."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

VoicesCanBe posted:

They've been saying they're going to do a ground invasion for like four days now and obviously keep putting it off because the IDF has always been unwilling to suffer casualties and this is going to mean a lot of casualties. I'm not saying they'll never do it, but I think they're fine with seeing if they can just let mass starvation happen without objection. So far it appears to be working.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Yeah they might also be waiting for the 2nd carrier to arrive

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Joementum posted:

They've been saying they're going to do a ground invasion for like four days now and obviously keep putting it off because the IDF has always been unwilling to suffer casualties and this is going to mean a lot of casualties. I'm not saying they'll never do it, but I think they're fine with seeing if they can just let mass starvation happen without objection. So far it appears to be working.

They're just waiting for the Americans to die for them

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

also amused myself by doing a bit of OSINT and one of the authors of that INFURIATING guardian coverup i posted above got a PhD in open source investigations (?) by the university of westminster (a university best known for its fashion courses) and in 2020 she won the Axel Springer Award for Young Journalists

it’s a small club isn’t it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1714750753636483431

Posts like this are reminders that we live in different realities. Like what the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat talking about.

Live, love, laugh.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Joementum posted:

They're going to do it, it just takes time to muster up the troops and supplies needed to get your army of rentacops ready to fight Big Fallujah

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I don't think you're gonna find the Israeli hostages near NYU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1714750753636483431

Posts like this are reminders that we live in different realities. Like what the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat talking about.

lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

hey mom its 420 posted:

lol I hadn't seen this until today. you all have probably seen it a million times just in the last week, but anyway it's a good vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECscKICzsJ0

Anything that depicts this conflict as an intractable eternal cycle of violence and mutual hatred with no clear solution is functionally Israeli propaganda hth.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FlapYoJacks posted:

DTI, DTA, DTUN. Many are saying.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

smoobles posted:

I don't think you're gonna find the Israeli hostages near NYU

Hamas tunnels are very, very long. You never know!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Anything that depicts this conflict as an intractable eternal cycle of violence and mutual hatred with no clear solution is functionally Israeli propaganda hth.

been saying this

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the only president speech i remember is the axis of evil quote and that’s because it was so loving insane and huberistic in hindsight

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Have you seen me poster of some dickhead settler is a paragon of whatever I can't even pretend to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
american in al-anbar iraw base being attacked

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1715071999574237190?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg