Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bar Crow posted:

The Atlantic exists to manipulate dumb people that think they’re smart.

academia and western "journalism" rots brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1715090210998902958

Fetterman is a fat Ritchie Torres in a hoody

He'll probably double down on everything he's written about the conflict once he sees this story/tweet. He's going to start bullying the left, PROGRESSIVES are trying to undermine his Standing With Israel creditability.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/...ingawful.com%2F

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FlapYoJacks posted:

President Putin, please crush all fascist states in Europe. TYIA.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What's the difference between the Warsaw Jews rising up in their ghetto in 1943 and Palestinians rising up in their open-air prison today?

80 years.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

External Organs posted:

IDF? No I am not
DTF? Yes I am

if you're dti, i'm dtf

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidrkadler/status/1715024208491676144

Brutes

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/hadinasrallah/status/1714976183660523841?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

gently caress it im saying it dude Putin should completely annex ukraine off the map and make it part of russia.

I think they're proving the point that they are ready to join the EU and NATO.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God I hate my senators. Also took her 2 weeks to send a response to my message to her.

Senator Tammy Duckworth posted:

Thank you for contacting me about Hamas’ horrific terrorist attacks against Israel. I condemn, in the strongest possible terms, Hamas’ brutal violence that began on October 7, 2023, with a complex and coordinated invasion of Israel that targeted innocent civilians and resulted in Hamas committing atrocities against Jewish families, including infants, children and the elderly.

The United States must stand in solidarity with Israel in the aftermath of these deadly terrorist attacks that resulted in the worst loss of Jewish life in a single day since the Holocaust. There is never any excuse for terrorism. I was proud to cosponsor and vote for passage of S.Res.417, Standing with Israel Against Terrorism, which reaffirms the Senate’s resolve to stand with Israel and Israel’s right to self-defense and condemns Hamas’ actions and Iran’s support for groups like Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Hamas has nothing to offer the Palestinian people except for suffering, hatred and death. I reject efforts to draw a false equivalence between our democratic ally, Israel, and Hamas, a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of our ally and driven by a hatred of the Jewish people.

Israel has the right to self-defense in the aftermath of such indiscriminate violence and shocking atrocities against its people, and it has acted swiftly by forming a unity government and declaring war on Hamas. Importantly, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are bound by the laws of war, in stark contrast to Hamas. The IDF must conduct itself as a democracy should, taking all reasonable efforts to minimize civilian casualties and collateral damage, despite the daunting challenge of confronting an enemy, Hamas, that has demonstrated zero regard for the value of innocent Palestinian life living in Gaza.

My thoughts are with all Israelis, Americans, innocent Palestinians and other foreign citizens who lost loved ones or are suffering as result of Hamas’ deadly attack on Israel. My heart breaks for those experiencing the unimaginable anguish of worrying about a loved one taken hostage by Hamas. My office has been in regular communication with the State Department’s Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs to share my conversations with the families of hostages and receive updates on the Government’s efforts to secure these individuals’ access to essential medical care and, ultimately, safe return home. While I am encouraged to hear about the significant efforts already taken on behalf of these citizens and their families, I, along with the entire United States Government, will continue doing everything I can to ensure those held hostage can return home safely. This includes joining a coalition of Senators in writing to Egypt and Qatar, urging those governments to assist in efforts to secure the release of all hostages held by Hamas.

Like so many, I feel immense pain over the unspeakable violence that the world has witnessed in Israel over the last week and the suffering of innocent civilians in Gaza. When so many are hurting around the world, we must actively reject the kind of hatred exhibited by the likes of Hamas and prevent their rhetoric from dividing us at home. I was sickened by the shocking and tragic murder of six-year-old Palestinian-American Wadea Al Fayoume in Plainfield, Illinois. We must unequivocally confront and reject any Islamophobic rhetoric that seeks to conflate the evils of Hamas with the Palestinian people just as we renounce Antisemitism in any form.

As a Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, I will work to expeditiously confirm the Honorable Jack Lew to serve as the United States Ambassador to Israel to ensure our Nation has diplomatic leadership in place to facilitate these efforts. During Secretary Lew’s nomination hearing earlier this week, I spoke with him about the need to provide urgent medical care to the hostages being held by Hamas and ultimately bring them home safely and to ensure access to humanitarian aid for all innocent civilians who are suffering in Gaza. This is a major humanitarian crisis, and the global community must address it.

Since October 7, President Biden and the rest of the United States Government has acted swiftly to provide information and resources to families of American hostages in Gaza; engage regional partners in negotiations on freeing hostages and sending humanitarian aid to innocent civilians in Gaza; ship security assistance to Israel; and strengthen U.S. force posture in the region to deter Israel’s adversaries from launching their own attacks against Israel.

Moving forward, we must act with urgency to secure the sustained flow of humanitarian aid to civilians in Gaza and restore essential services like water as quickly as we can, while continuing our efforts to ensure hostages receive urgent medical treatment and are safely brought home as soon as humanly possible. Innocent life needs to be protected consistent with laws of armed conflict. These actions mark both moral imperatives—helping innocent civilians—and steps toward ensuring Israel’s security. I have called for this on the Senate floor and joined my colleagues in sending letters to the Administration advocating for the immediate provision of necessities like food, water and medicine to innocents in Gaza; a pathway for sustained aid to enter the territory; and a substantial U.S. contribution to the UN’s work to address the growing humanitarian crisis.

Additionally, President Biden committed to submitting a formal request to Congress for additional emergency supplemental security assistance that will ensure Israel possesses the capabilities and capacity to defend itself. As a Member of the Senate Committees on Armed Services and Foreign Relations, I am deeply committed to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to act on the President’s forthcoming request. It is ultimately in our Nation’s interest to uphold the post-World War II order by helping our allies and partners, such as Israel and Ukraine, defend themselves against destabilizing threats, including terrorism and authoritarian invasion.

As your Senator, I will always condemn terrorism and hatred and affirm the right of Jewish and Muslim people to live peacefully around the world. Even in this dark moment we must not lose sight of our long-term hope for achieving shared security and peace through a permanent two-state solution that respects the right of Israel to exist, while finally providing the Palestinian people with a country to call home.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

WaryWarren posted:

I think they're proving the point that they are ready to join the EU and NATO.

yeah too bad they're never getting crimea back

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

More like Suckworth, amirite?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

More like Suckworthless, amirite?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

What's the difference between the Warsaw Jews rising up in their ghetto in 1943 and Palestinians rising up in their open-air prison today?

80 years.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Isreal plans to annex parts of gaza again

Yeah well maybe instead of stroking their own cocks they should March on into Gaza and see what happens when they try to do that

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Jesus Christ what a loving infant

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol shocking

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1715104177095934277

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
Edit: this post was funny but some sad lunatic is gonna report it so I'm just gonna scrub

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turns out brown moses looking at a photo of a contaminated crime scene didn't constitute evidence

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

"advisors"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

what's this wrinkly old gently caress going to get the world into now?

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
i just don't understand how anyone reaches the "...and that's why i got to kill that baby" conclusion and doesn't have the self reflection to immediately say "wait, i must have hosed that math somewhere cause that can't be right"

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

never trust a Pennsylvanian

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

had anyone raised the suggestion that Putin should harden his heart?

yup.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cool video, but it has the same problem as everything else in the "endless cycle of violence" genre - it shows Israel and Palestine as two equally well-armed factions, part of an infinite cycle, rather than one colonial power propped up by Western interests over the impoverished Palestinians.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
seems like it should be pretty easy to determine if 10 people died or 471 died but what do i know

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Shammy Suckworth

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

seems like it should be pretty easy to determine if 10 people died or 471 died but what do i know

If those doctors hadn't done a press conference with 10 bodies I imagine they'd be saying nobody died.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
https://x.com/byyourlogic/status/1715105824794972414?s=46&t=pYXbrsIUxM-F__2KiH5Cag

lmao oh my god

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Red Baron posted:

never trust a Pennsylvanian

I thought those oatmeal eating fucks were at least supposed to be pacifists.

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mossadgynist/status/1715015260975808974

lol

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
everything the IDF says is the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8j6z8fQ_c

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

tapped out at exactly 2:46

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

"risk of"

https://twitter.com/UN_SPExperts/status/1715065985726603508

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cloudy with a high risk of genocides

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At least they are saying its israels fault instead of leaving it to the imagination

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

NASA... 100 Tampons... What does that have to do with anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/1715069383913959613