Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Epic High Five posted:

That's Ender Lilies wrapped up, 100% surprisingly as when I finished I found it was trivial to get the extra endings (final boss is a mega pushover, bit disappointing but a bunch of the fights were great) and I just needed like 3 more levels. Went into it expecting an above average experience based on what I'd heard but actually it was extremely good. A solid 9/10 that I must regretfully knock down to 8.5/10 because the map isn't great and - most critically - I can't put markers down on it
Is the final boss the two-part one? I almost threw in the towel over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I remember ordering simhealth from the library network when I was 8 bc I assumed it was going to be like sim city but you run a hospital or something but then it turned out to be a detailed simulation of Hillary Clinton’s 90s healthcare proposal

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Stop posting about bloodborne

This is pc user discrimination and abuse :qq:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’ve been in a gaming slump so might as well play the best game ever made, Elden Ring, again

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

snoremac posted:

Is the final boss the two-part one? I almost threw in the towel over it.

Yeah, with the 2nd form after purification, the one after Miriel. I literally just stayed in the air as much as I could with my giant hammer spirit annihilating it. It didn't even move and all the adds it spawned got instantly hammered because it spawns them from its weak point lol. I guess I just stumbled into the perfect build for it. Between the hammer and tornado spirit I think I stunned it 6+ times in total. Anything that got away got Eleine'd. Literally killed it first try. Ulv got me the most by far, hard fuckin fight. Julius was a lot easier but was incredibly fun and still pretty tough.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I tried all the other main attack spirits but the hammer guy is just far and away the best, big dumb str builds are always the best way to play any game, time and time again this fact is proven

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I remember ordering simhealth from the library network when I was 8 bc I assumed it was going to be like sim city but you run a hospital or something but then it turned out to be a detailed simulation of Hillary Clinton’s 90s healthcare proposal

Note: OP isn't exaggerating or making a joke, that's exactly what it was.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
sim hospital was cool I remember people had disease like big head mode

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I’ve been in a gaming slump so might as well play the best game ever made, Elden Ring, again

I can't believe your autocorrect changed "EDF 5" to "Elden Ring", that a real stretch.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

sim hospital was cool I remember people had disease like big head mode

i think thats theme hospital???? is that the same game?????? anyway 2 point hospital is an excellent successor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if youre making a management sim you have to tag one of the words to the title:

-sim
-theme
-tycoon
-football

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The primal elements that make up a spreadsheet game

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al! posted:

i think thats theme hospital???? is that the same game?????? anyway 2 point hospital is an excellent successor

oh yeah. i always mix it up with sim ant thank you

never raelly figured out how to play sim ant

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

oh, WORLD OF HORROR finally launched. I'm glad there's more stuff to do, but it seems like the dev had to do a really hasty pass over the art to prevent anything getting copyright flagged and some stuff looks shittier than I remember

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i'm just saying:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the milk machine posted:

i'm just saying:

this is being unfair to Withers

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the milk machine posted:

i'm just saying:

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Lords of the fallen is pretty dope, giving me big DS1 vibes, the world design is amazing and I like how they do ranged weapons. Just cheesed a boss with poison javelins and then ran past a bunch of scary dudes to hoover up some items and find the bonfire. Classic vibes

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Al! posted:

-sim
-theme
-tycoon
-football

this mostly checks out but free enterprise was a pretty good factory management sim, it came out in just the right time to have both indoor smoke break areas and also workplace shootings

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

-sim
-theme
-tycoon
-football

this is f1 / motorsports manager erasure

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

the milk machine posted:

i'm just saying:

No, no, no. Biden is turning into the Jeff Dunham puppet.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

the milk machine posted:

i'm just saying:

no withers is actually articulate and useful and not evil and doesn't have dementia and doesnt sniff kids

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

how do I deal with the cards that flip every turn in inscryption?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Endless Dungeon is also out.

Too many gaems.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Fables_of_Faer%C3%BBn_VI:_The_Cheerful_Deep_Gnome

i could spend a month just reading all the lil books in this game

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

really confusing to see so many studios releasing games in the week after juggernaut title snowrunner season 11: lights and cameras. not sure how they can expect to compete

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RandolphCarter posted:

how do I deal with the cards that flip every turn in inscryption?

just keep playing, you'll get OP cards. i get the impression you're supposed to tough it out, struggle, and die for several runs then it trickles good stuff. try to use the ones that get more powerful reach run when you get em

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Endless Dungeon is also out.

Too many gaems.

This looks really cool, might pick it up

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No, no, no. Biden is turning into the Jeff Dunham puppet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Is it worth playing Startopia in 2023??

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mike the TV posted:

it might run weird

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mike the TV posted:

"Spacebase Startopia" is the modern remake that you want in TYOOL 2023

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

turn off the TV posted:

it might run weird

I'm pretty sure it ran weird 22 years ago, it's a weird game

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Empires of the Undergrowth has been in early access for 7 years haha

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

no withers is actually articulate and useful and not evil and doesn't have dementia and doesnt sniff kids

Withers' interactions with a child are actually cute and endearing and not at all intensely uncomfortable

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol @ watching this guy's video about optimized cities skylines 2 settings and he just sort of casually skips past the ray traced global illumination and ray traced reflection settings that no reviewers have mentioned a single time

you love to see it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

turn off the TV posted:

lol @ watching this guy's video about optimized cities skylines 2 settings and he just sort of casually skips past the ray traced global illumination and ray traced reflection settings that no reviewers have mentioned a single time

you love to see it

holy lol lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A game wouldn't just put in graphics options that midtier cards couldn't support

That'd be downright rude

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Confession: even on playthrough 2, I turned down the difficulty for the Gith Inquisitor fight :negative:

It's just a tough spot in the game because it appears to have been designed under the assumption that you're level 5, and I wasn't, and that fifth level is the most important one in the game because martial classes get their second attacks and monks get their stun and arcane casters get Fireball, and I just had to get beefed up with some extra HPs so I didn't get one-shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy