Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

no money for healthcare or housing or literally anything good
but genocide? oh baby u bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I’m not watching but “Arsenal of Democracy” is a loving deranged series of words.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Oglethorpe posted:

every president says something like that at the end of an address

yeah i know
i was pointing out how stupid it sounds when u think about it

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
"Arsenal of Democracy" jfc we're going there huh. War economy without the actual capacity.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1715153331902099732

Sure go to war see what happens lol

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Turdfuzz posted:

we’ve got people beating up their alderman over migrant tents here (a ridiculous solution in a city with WINTER), maybe we just need to say Putin has annexed a neighborhood to get a couple bil

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

genocide is easier and pays the bills?

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
lmao that more war will "pay dividends for generations to come" but giving children food, housing, and education won't

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Arse 'n all of democracy.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

America has really been scrambling in the dark since the USSR fell huh

Always afraid of the pretend monster under the bed and willing to blow the bed up to kill it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:irony:

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1715157580115272116?s=20

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

well, they would know

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MSNBC - A great speech by our reincarnation of FDR. He said what we are all feeling.

Fox News - Broadly supportive, but wishes that he did better job laying out the thesis that this is a battle between civilization and barbarism

CNN - "Biden Addresses the Nation on Wars" on the chyron while showing a split screen with the White House bathed in a blood red light

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

:shepicide:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Really do feel like they are laying the groundwork of a war with Iran before they could get nuclear bombs. Unless they have a big secret.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

Really do feel like they are laying the groundwork of a war with Iran before they could get nuclear bombs. Unless they have a big secret.

They've been lusting for that blood for decades, it's not any more justified now than it was before and starting up another endless war right before an election is political suicide

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
It does feel like Biden is trying to get the public in the "mood" for war.

I hope it fails and the public hates him even more for it. And I think it will.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

*willa eating cat food* mad bitch? crying?

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

time for isha prayer

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

*willa eating cat food* mad bitch? crying?

I never even bought lyin' leon an av, although I thought about it every time I saw a picture of jon lovitz.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

thinking about what president kamala harris would do

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oglethorpe posted:

Good news - President Kamala would further accelerate the decline of American hegemony.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They've been lusting for that blood for decades, it's not any more justified now than it was before and starting up another endless war right before an election is political suicide

Its an incredibly stupid decision I agree. However, he basically inferred a war economy, "arsenal of democracy", said no boots on the ground in Ukraine but not West Asia, and he connected Hamas multiple times with Iran. Seems like there is an interest to pursue war there.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Oglethorpe posted:

we must prosecute hamas.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Anderson Cooper is standing somewhere in Tel Aviv hosting CNN, the background is a skyline but he just seems to be in a field. He transitions from a split-screen interview with a reporter in Sderot and says "Let's go to Kaitlan Collins for more analysis." The camera cuts to a wider angle shot Cooper, and the person he mentioned is standing next to him. How long has she also been standing next to him? Has it been this whole time? What is the point of this?

Now some retired general is talking about how we're entering WW3 because we got to help our fellow democracy loving friends out

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1715128417736110358

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Oglethorpe posted:

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1155305122911723526

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

the exact same actions but with more cackling and bizarre syntax

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pooky posted:

lmao that more war will "pay dividends for generations to come" but giving children food, housing, and education won't

correct

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

go after the people in Gaza for not sending their blown-up kids to blown-up school

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Like all these talking heads are going on about "occupation" of Gaza when its painfully obvious that the plan is too ethnically cleanse/genocide enough of the population that a large scaled resistance will not be possible. I understand its too horrific and hosed up for people to even entertain that notion, but its clear that is what is happening.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

WampaLord posted:

the exact same actions but with more cackling and bizarre syntax

so, better content?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1715162848580587781

Again. Completely different reality.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this dude is on the dnc payroll

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this corpse isnt going to get anyone on board with any more wars with these type of speeches and the economic mess were in

he has no energy at all and i have a feeling most of burgerland has lost appetite for anymore wars

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

CNN is now back in the studio explaining how Israel didn't blow up hundreds of people at a hospital

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Car Hater posted:

Vital jobs for patriotic American workers in the death industry

Fortunately, like the infrastructure programme nothing will actually happen and no worker will have to put it upon their conscience to build for the Empire

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

this dude is on the dnc payroll

there have got to be limits, surely

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

deleting twitter when elon took over was awesome because I completely forgot people like him existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
us pols are wildly out of touch with their constituents on this issue and probably haven’t figured out that Israel can’t just massacre people any more when everyone has a massacre transmitting device in their pocket

https://twitter.com/emissaryofnight/status/1715162782893572116?s=46