Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1714796296681222522?t=7VsK98cRNsY3g_qrMMmpzA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

That DICK! posted:

game of thrones but with pennies

elon musk is very smart

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I love the idea that your new car will lose money for a year and a half, then suddenly make a lot of money, like an indie film

bloodsurf
Sep 20, 2006
Returning the favor:

bsky-social-is4z6-gvgfb

bsky-social-kh446-g3nyl

bloodsurf has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Oct 19, 2023

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bloodsurf posted:

Returning the favor:

bsky-social-is4z6-gvgfb

bsky-social-kh446-g3nyl

took these, thanks

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

blueballs-eatme-suckme-fuckme

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Cheen posted:

Working on it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cheen posted:

claimed, thank you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hey all, just popping into the musk (PBUH) thread to post invite codes for an unrelated website

anyway cya

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hey all, just popping into the musk (PBUH) thread to post invite codes for an unrelated website

anyway cya

Bye

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

anyway cya

claimed this one, thanks

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
bsky-social-fucku-elonm

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:sickos:

looking forward to the next incredible announcement from elon that juices the stock price

monkey torture, but on mars??

while it's great to see number going down again...tesla completely cratered in january, only to skyrocket back to triple the value by july :suicide:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Mr Interweb posted:

while it's great to see number going down again...tesla completely cratered in january, only to skyrocket back to triple the value by july :suicide:

I recall reading that the stock price is basically uncorrelated to the actual company’s performance because it’s become a convenient clearinghouse for various complex financial transactions of a less than legal nature

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'll take a bluesky code. PMs are open. sorry for derail. 🙇

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I recall reading that the stock price is basically uncorrelated to the actual company’s performance because it’s become a convenient clearinghouse for various complex financial transactions of a less than legal nature

not explicitly covered, but you get an idea from the FT's Dec 2021 interview about the "The Tesla-financial complex."

Yves Smith did a good writeup about it at Naked Capitalism

it's also essentially a meme-stock:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's why there's never been a better time to buy tesla stock

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Meme stock is so based. Doge

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

anyway cya

you forgot to put the codes

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

anyway cya

bsky-social-eb5vj-c33t6

SpaceParrot has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Oct 20, 2023

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

There is no other other platform that has a yup.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Wonder what Dave Hester is up to these days.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

You're my everything (app)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the man bought babies

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1715034354059972876?t=XkjHOpWoy70q0PSAvc4ekg&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
please prove the rocket is good elon, please go on the rocket

```
William Gerstenmaier, SpaceX’s vice president for build and reliability, stated that Starship is ready for launch, but they are awaiting regulatory approval.

He also implied that the space division of the FAA needs a major reform.

“It’s a shame when our hardware is ready to fly, and we’re not able to go fly because of regulations or review,” Gerstenmaier said.

@elonmusk
@SpaceX
```

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1715108303909376187?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

that guy I hired has a point

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Twitter circling the shitter isn't funny any more, can we just flush it already. We're linking Elon tweets that are less funny than boomer facebook memes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Elon and Co seem big mad that News guard said bad things about them. Supposed champions of free speech seem awfully quick to call for the censorship of anything that challenges their absolute truth.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
ok boomer 🤣🤣🤣

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Elon’s gonna buy Wikipedia

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Elon and Co seem big mad that News guard said bad things about them. Supposed champions of free speech seem awfully quick to call for the censorship of anything that challenges their absolute truth.

you have to censor the people who call for specific censorship otherwise it's like tolerating intolerance

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

xpedia

the everything pedia

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

his stans already demanded that he buy it a while back, which got wales to publicly state that wikipedia is not for sale and especially not to elon

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

The Gripper posted:

Twitter circling the shitter isn't funny any more, can we just flush it already. We're linking Elon tweets that are less funny than boomer facebook memes.

Yeah and now other shitheads (reddit, YouTube) are getting ideas

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Gripper posted:

and yet here you are posting about him and his tweets... interesting

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm not posting about elon, I'm posting about musk!

They are two different people right? It wasn't just one person who did all this stupid poo poo right???

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

...! posted:

his stans already demanded that he buy it a while back, which got wales to publicly state that wikipedia is not for sale and especially not to elon

Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

dr_rat posted:

I'm not posting about elon, I'm posting about musk!

They are two different people right? It wasn't just one person who did all this stupid poo poo right???

Looking into it