Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I can post on Bluesky and Twitter, you could say I inhabit two worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Grassy Knowles posted:

how many eve discords though

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Al! posted:

how many eve discords though

There’s
Ruff Rydas RIP
Barbershop 2 Fans
fans of Barbershop
The talk talk

Looks like 4 OP

and they all have a goons.txt thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
jesus christ

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grassy Knowles posted:

in the same way a pig can roll in both the poo poo of other pigs and its own poo poo, yeah

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Al! posted:

jesus christ

Might be 5 does Gwen’s Rich Girls count as Eve to you or are you more of a purist

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Choosing to believe those are names for barbershop quartets competing against each other for wedding shows

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Choosing to believe those are names for barbershop quartets competing against each other for wedding shows

I know she isn’t getting play like the turn of the millennium (who is?) but I think Eve is still gonna be an expensive as hell booking for a wedding.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol you scamp

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Grassy Knowles posted:

There’s
Ruff Rydas RIP
Barbershop 2 Fans
fans of Barbershop
The talk talk

Looks like 4 OP

and they all have a goons.txt thread

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Grassy Knowles posted:

If I can play my favorite game Don’t poo poo Your Pants in DE, well that’s quite the selling point.

I don't think there's a way to play DSYP anymore. I want to be the poo poo king :(

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Alaois posted:

i never died in DE from running out of health or psyche, but i did put Kim's gun in my mouth during the argument with Hardie and pull the trigger because I wasn't gonna let him win

I really should have known better, but for some dumb reason I didn't think he'd actually do it and was surprised when it happened lol

Also how do only 3% of players on steam have the "Bother Kim After Hours" achievement? It's like none of these players understand Harry

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Paladinus posted:

I only remember a post from LF where some teenager bragged that he'd already read Capital three times and found it too pedestrian or something.

yeah this guy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grassy Knowles posted:

no one posts on bluesky. sit your rear end down one world

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ilmucche posted:

I don't think there's a way to play DSYP anymore. I want to be the poo poo king :(

Now you must play it IRL

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i did everything right and i still poo poo my pants??? come on dude

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
owning both a sega genesis and a super nintendo during the console war is how you become the real two worlds

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
dangerous day to be 5 litres of ice cold water

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

ok but is that really two worlds

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

EXTREMELY epic if so

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
went and looked up why two worlds was permabanned and it was a mod challenge creepier than two worlds himself

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3188411

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

THE RULES

You are not Goon enough to be one of "The Lonely". For the purposes of GLITBL, you are now "The Loneliest". If you accept the terms of this challenge, you will need to make your first reply in this thread your Goon Dating Profile. Said dating profile will need to include all of the following:

ONE picture of yourself, holding up a sign that says your username and the phrase "Goon Love Is The Best Love", wearing what you will wear on your potential Goon Date. Make an effort here to look your very best.
Your Zipcode/Postal Code, and the range you are willing to travel to your goon date. You may state any range you wish to travel out to for your goon date, however you may only do so here this one time.
Your Schedule. You must list out 10 evenings you will be totally free to go out on a date with a goon, for the next 45 days after you've posted your profile.
A 250 word or more summary on who you are, your age, and what your interests are.
A brief summary on the type of poster you would like to go out with. You cannot specify what kind of poster you do not want to go out with; only the type of poster that you would wish to date.
A brief summary on what you'd like to do on their goon date, and what you'd like to get out of it. Explain to everyone exactly why it is you need a Goon Date.
A written acknowledgment that you fully accept and understand how desperate and creepy that you are in accepting this challenge, and that Something Awful is in no way responsible for any molestation or psychological trauma that might occur in a night out with you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I should probably play DE

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

ilmucche posted:

https://www.kongregate.com/games/Rete/dont-poo poo-your-pants?acomplete=don%92t+poo poo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I should probably play DE

It's extremely chill to play in the morning while sipping a hot cup. I started doing it because I read way faster than the VA's read their lines (advanced IQ btw) and it's great

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

quote:
After a great deal of coaxing I managed to get my sister-in-law, who I really like but who has never played any video game aside from Tetris, to play this game. I gave her some information before she starts as follows
quote:

A few tips that I strongly recommend once you start playing disco elysium:

-when you start, you’re given a choice of how many points you want to put into your basic stats, out of four. The fundamentals of your personality. Since you don’t have a lot of experience I recommend 4/4/2/2. Smart and empathetic, but maybe not the strongest or most dexterous. There are benefits to choosing otherwise, but this is the most straightforward and easiest of the character setups.
-Don’t be afraid to fail a skill check. There is almost always another way around if you fail, and the vast majority of the time you will be able to retry later. sometimes “succeeding” a check gives an objectively worse outcome than failing. And some of the best and most memorable moments of this game only come about by failing, rather than succeeding. Giving a cold girl a hat and demanding a bite of a sandwich are the best examples of this.
-Don’t be afraid to say the nuttiest poo poo possible. The people of martinase are shockingly adept at rolling with your insanity and sometimes you might even be able to get extra information or resources from someone that they wouldn’t otherwise give by saying or doing something crazy enough that it that throws them off balance. The only person who won’t put up with you acting like a complete nut job is in the last hour or so of the game.
-Time *only* progresses as you speak to people or examine objects you’re holding. Don’t be afraid to wander around and take as much time as you like. Even if someone is pointing a gun at your head and threatening to pull the trigger you can talk, examine your environment and think as much as you like. Actual, serious events occur as you make them. This is *especially* important in the game’s most violent climax.
-Kim will defend and support you almost no matter what. He is your keystone. Do not try to anger or disappoint him. Unless your want to because it’ll be funny (it can be very funny).
-“Thoughts” are this game’s version of specialized skills. You receive the initial thought through dialogue or actions, and you assign it to a thought slot. (You can increase your number of slots with each level if you like) and with a certain amount of time it will manifest. Maybe it will give benefits, maybe it will give you unique choices or opportunities you wouldn’t have otherwise, or maybe it will give nothing but flaws. There’s no way of knowing until you assign it to a slot and work until you complete it. I strongly recommend against going online and looking at a guide because the uncertainty and almost randomness are what makes this game so incredible. If you assign a thought and complete it, and then remove it, it’s gone permanently and you cannot get it back on that playthrough.
-you have two sets of stats that will take damage or heal as you work, Health and morale. Health’s maximum increases by boosting your endurance stat, morale by increasing your volition stat. Both are important, and both will kill you if you let them fall to zero. But there are drugs that will let you recharge them, even if you take a hit, physical or emotional, that would have killed you. Money is scarce in the game but if you don’t have something else you definitely want to but it never hurts to stock up on those healing items. Having 2-4 of both on hand will be a life saver. Even in the most difficult parts of the game. Either way, you definitely will not need more than 5/10 in either skill, unless you want to make nothing but bad decisions and suffer the consequences which, again, you can do if you’re so inclined.
-The man you’re playing the game as is hosed Up. And if you choose certain dialogue options your own brain (and the game) will force you to do or say reprehensible things. Do not confuse depiction with endorsement. Just because your character is an emotionally traumatized substance abuser does not mean the people who wrote and developed the game agree with what he does or says. Horrible misogyny, racism, sexism, and outright facism will come about if you choose certain dialogue choices. You can choose to make The Detective a better man than he once was, or hell, lean into it even further if you think it’ll be funny or entertaining. Either way it is possible to complete the game as a sad man who is trying to be better than the person he was before or as a guy who is certain that the apocalypse is coming and is it’s harbinger, or as a big shot big dick charismatic wonder, or as the most meth smoking racist piece of poo poo you can imagine. Your choice.
-Cuno might seem like an obnoxious little poo poo, but he has depths to him, and it is significant that you explore those depths. Noti to solving the murder, but as a character exploration.

A list of things I recommend you do, without spoilers. These will make sense as you reach them:
-Point the gun at Cunoesse, but do not fire. It will tell you drat near everything you need to know about her.
-Kim has a secret that will influence how you view him, but the only way to see or understand that secret is if you talk extensively with a handsome man on a balcony, complete the thought he gives you, and then speak with Kim. Or, find a working pinball machine, but that’s another secret.
-the second half of the entire game area opens up on day three, new areas, new characters, and more information on the case. On day 4 you can travel to a long abandoned computer factory and meet a man enjoying the view with his son. Speak to him exhaustively and you will unlock a thought called the *sigh* “Wompty-Dompty Don centre.” It is easily one of the best thoughts in the game and makes drat near everything easier.
-at one point you will find a pay phone, keep dialing random numbers until IT happens.
-you can get the boots, but not with Kim around.
-very late in the game you will visit an island. Be sure to take a nap there, and then head to the eastern sea. You will see one of the best and most brutal bits of writing I have ever seen in video games.
-if you keep wearing the hideous necktie it will eventually start talking to you. Articles of clothing beginning to speak to you is perfectly normal and has a big payoff in the climax.
-when you get The Photo of The Corpse, you can ask the Scab Leader about his opinion on it. The result is very, very uncomfortable, but also tells you everything you need to know about the Scab Leader.
-moving through The Smoker On The Balcony’s dialogue line will eventually let you meet a representative of the moralintern. Once you finish speaking to that representative you will understand why I dislike liberalism.

Did I do a good job preparing her for The Experience?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
continuous morale damage from that post

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

That’s a lot of words before I read them are they good

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"... you will understand why I don't like liberalism" is the perfect punchline to that post

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I understand being passionate about something you like and wanting someone to experience it the best way possible, and I used to overexplain stuff like that to an extent, but then I stopped bc I realized nobody likes that person. I was also like 15 when I stopped doing that

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He should have recommended Tetris Effect to her instead.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Cranappleberry posted:

crafting in games- occasionally fun. crafting irl- epic win

100%

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

That DICK! posted:

yeah other than this the fails are most of the time better than the success IMO, the karaoke succeed is great but the failure where Kim comforts you about it is so sweet :unsmith:

I forget if it's a particularly difficult check, but I think it is important to know that when it happens, Empathy can chime in and tell you his compliment is 100% sincere, he thinks your performance perfectly expressed life as an RCM detective. He genuinely likes it better than the success version.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Paladinus posted:

He should have recommended Tetris Effect to her instead.
I legit thought that was where it was going at first

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
SAW PPV trailer by tawal (sound on):

https://i.imgur.com/AT2z1pd.mp4

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 20, 2023

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thinking of the first few notes of the main revachol theme when the weather is poo poo.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

"You need to play this game a certain way so you understand why I am the way I am"

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

A few tips that I strongly recommend

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

SAW PPV trailer by tawal (sound on):

https://i.imgur.com/AT2z1pd.mp4
LoL. Amazing.
Wanna go pet a dog now.
Until tomorrow... I'll just keep moving on doot doot doot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

i feel like if someone looks at this post and doesn't see anything wrong with it thats a good indicator they should not be in society