Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Shot:

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1714758467964354953?t=zKuwWAnfIWlLsoJ5pFDz9A&s=19

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/krisrhim1/status/1715094813132095610?t=c9mERemRCarR3IMf_qgfTA&s=19

Jesus Christ, I feel bad for him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t just be full on exposed to the chargers training staff like that.

You have to build up your resistance in small doses over time.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Now that is a seriously snake bit organization.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

A.o.D. posted:

Now that is a seriously snake bit organization.

drat, feels bad when the nfc south thread is pitying your team

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pontius Pilate posted:

drat, feels bad when the nfc south thread is pitying your team

Our teams all suck for various reasons, but I don't think any of our training staffs are an issue

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Injured, or just plain sucks?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers have the number 1 scoring offense in the NFC south. What are y'all doin.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

BlindSite posted:

Panthers have the number 1 scoring offense in the NFC south. What are y'all doin.

Presumably not losing by 20+ points all game.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kazil posted:

Presumably not losing by 20+ points all game.

Give this about 4 more hours and check back

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

We all play defense. Offense optional.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Derek Carr is dog poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

Hey hey….the whole offense is dogshit! Let’s not single anyone out.

Except Taysom, he’s extremely reliable.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I think Olave deserves a lot of finger wags

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hate this team

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

:hmmyes:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
that game was just balls

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Feels like it’s mutual tbh

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Just gonna put this here:

Alaois posted:

Dennis Allen please stop being a petty bitch

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Feels like how I remember watching the Billy Joe Tolliver Saints felt. 2023 Saints transporting me back to my childhood.

Gonna write a 4,000 page book about the memories brought up by watching Derek Carr check down for 3 yards on 3rd and 11.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 20, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lmao people asking if the Saints already gave Carr a bunch of money. Oh yeah, they’re locked in for at least another two seasons after this

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao people asking if the Saints already gave Carr a bunch of money. Oh yeah, they’re locked in for at least another two seasons after this

Maybe I’m an idiot but I don’t think a new QB would fix many of the problems with the offense unless it was literally Patrick Mahomes. It’s just not well designed or coached.

Allen is likely gone after next year and new coach will get a year to see if he can work with Carr and if not he will get to draft or trade for his guy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Derek Carr is 32. He ain't it.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
The offense seemed to move better when the Saints went hurry up which probably meant Carr called those plays. Just have him call the plays instead of Carmichael

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SundayMoney posted:

The offense seemed to move better when the Saints went hurry up which probably meant Carr called those plays. Just have him call the plays instead of Carmichael

I hope they do this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SundayMoney posted:

It moves better when Carr does not have to make a decision. Plays where it's going one place or getting thrown away don't allow him to miss his timing windows and be super indecisive.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
It’s extremely obvious that Carr checks down often for three reasons:

1) the OL gives no time for long-developing routes to happen. Late in the game there were way more 7-10 yard intermediate routes that were successful. It looked like the OL did a bit better today, but they can’t hang on long enough for the bombs that are called;

2) Kamara is literally their best player. Maybe the closest RB to CMC! No poo poo they’re going to throw to him a bunch of times. As a life long 49er fan I can’t fathom their fans complaining about throwing down to CMC! But also;

3) Olave is clearly giving up on routes. The announcers called him out on it multiple times. The players didn’t name names this week, but if you watched the game you saw Carr absolutely livid with Olave on the sideline. Thomas is efforting out there, but I don’t think he’s nearly as much of a deep threat.

Even with alllll of that, Carr threw for 350+ last week and 301 today. It’s a nice narrative but nah that’s not it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Olave giving up on that long route was pretty funny. I'd also assume the ball wasn't coming my way if I got more than 20 yards from the line of scrimmage. Also, Carr got very pissed about it, considering he threw the ball very firmly out of bounds, wouldn't have mattered if Olave ran it out anyway.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Olave giving up on that long route was pretty funny. I'd also assume the ball wasn't coming my way if I got more than 20 yards from the line of scrimmage. Also, Carr got very pissed about it, considering he threw the ball very firmly out of bounds, wouldn't have mattered if Olave ran it out anyway.

I think he threw it out of bounds because Olave stopped on his route and it was either that or throw it right to the defender.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That one where Kamara went for the sticks instead of doing a stop route was funny too. Yeah, Derek, he wants to get near the first down not catch it for 5 yards on 2nd and 20.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

That one where Kamara went for the sticks instead of doing a stop route was funny too. Yeah, Derek, he wants to get near the first down not catch it for 5 yards on 2nd and 20.

The QB and WR not agreeing on what the route is, repeatedly, is a pretty fundamental problem and comes down to poor coaching. If it’s an option route then coverage should dictate where it goes, not the down and distance.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the NFC South is currently on an 0-5 streak. how much can they lose? the possibilities are endless

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the bucs are by no means a great team but if they can beat atlanta this weekend it feels like it's their division to lose for the rest of the season

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

the bucs are by no means a great team but if they can beat atlanta this weekend it feels like it's their division to lose for the rest of the season

They’re the only team in the division that can mimic a functioning offense, it’s been theirs to lose for a few weeks now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

epic bacon posted:

the NFC South is currently on an 0-5 streak. how much can they lose? the possibilities are endless

I remember Week 3 laughing my rear end off when Terry Bradshaw said on the Fox pregame show he thought the NFC South was the best conference in football

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I remember Week 3 laughing my rear end off when Terry Bradshaw said on the Fox pregame show he thought the NFC South was the best conference in football

We all knew better, but it was a fun ride watching talking heads have to pay attention to a division they normally prefer to ignore

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/Jason_OTC/status/1715190009039344028?s=20

Lol yeah ok this story starting early this year huh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://x.com/Jason_OTC/status/1715190009039344028?s=20

Lol yeah ok this story starting early this year huh

Every year.

Every drat year.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Every year.

Every drat year.

Set your watches for the March "Loomis can't keep doing this" effort posts

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Every reporter that pretends the cap is real is culpable in the atrocities the Saints get away with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Somehow its real enough the Panthers can't get a deal done with brian burns. A guy who's basically walking out the door worth three first rounders if they don't.