Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

uninterrupted posted:

i can't keep the political environments of oil-producing nations in my head right, but is there a chance that the massive public outcry in the gulf states leads them to force an oil price hike? or would the downstream effects of that wreck their economies so hard it's not even in the cards?

MBS already did this awhile ago which was a slap in the face to biden flying over there to fist bump him. i imagine OPEC would want a united front so i think if they do it'd they'd do it together. the last OPEC meeting was 4 oct, so they probably won't raise oil prices unless an actual war breaks out before the next meeting in nov 26.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

thank you hamas

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Soggy Muffin posted:

I’m just eating a shitton of junk food rn. Need to get to 400lbs as quickly as possible to avoid the inevitable WW3 draft. Taxo bell, McRibs at McDonald’s, everything. I’m gonna consume it all to save my life

For the past few months I've been hearing an ad on the radio trying to get kids to register with selective service. Basically warning them if they don't register they could potentially damage their futures by denying federal student aid and cool stuff like that.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mags posted:

thank you hamas

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

netizen posted:

For the past few months I've been hearing an ad on the radio trying to get kids to register with selective service. Basically warning them if they don't register they could potentially damage their futures by denying federal student aid and cool stuff like that.

mdemone posted:

I'm laughing. WWIII is kicking off and I'm laughing.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Centrist Committee posted:

no! it’s the world that is bad

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

mdemone posted:

that doesn't count because it was facially stupid

enough of that going around i don't even have to turn on my monitor

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Joementum posted:

US diplomats starting to realize Israel is serious about this while ethnic cleansing business

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1715175576250487263?s=46

What do the families of the hostages in gaza think the hostages are going to eat and drink if there's no food and water in gaza :thunkher:

Mrs. Dash has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Oct 20, 2023

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
WORLDWIDE ALERT

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

WIDEWORLD ALERT

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/AkbarSAhmed/status/1715137995613852055

To be clear all these people can go gently caress themselves along with Biden and Blinken. "Tears in meetings" shut the gently caress up genocidal freaks.

so did anybody get this mad at anything trump did seems kind of odd that ive never heard of this bureaucratic maneuver before when all the long term government employees were so upset about trump destroying the dignity of their profession

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
HIPHOP NATION FIRST ALERT

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Some Guy TT posted:

so did anybody get this mad at anything trump did seems kind of odd that ive never heard of this bureaucratic maneuver before when all the long term government employees were so upset about trump destroying the dignity of their profession

no, this is what happens when your entire intelligence apparatus knows something that it cannot say

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

mcmagic posted:

literally no other country could get away with bombing a loving church.

Literally almost every country could get away with bombing a church

Putin had literally invaded multiple countries and the worst that's happened is we've funneled money to defense contractors to sell more weapons to ensure the war is a quagmire

You can do literally anything on the world stage and no one will stop you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

If it hadn't been for Genocide Joe
I'd been free long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Genocide Joe?

Many are calling this the anthem of freedom.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1715144660274774522?t=cO0H51Ob8qXmE0Dfja9z2A&s=19

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

*burgerkingishly* WORLD. ALERT. MAJOR WORLD. ALERT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Does anyone have a screencap of the church tweet from when that community note was still there?

here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

I think Biden hired many of these folks so he could bolster his binders full of minorities and all the hemming and hawing is so imbeciles like this poster can pipe up with this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/dollymad1812/status/1715179897000464645

He's no different than Hillary in all of his machinations since announcing he would run and becoming president. Actual crisis has shown him to be doddering and indecisive.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

mdemone posted:

no, this is what happens when your entire intelligence apparatus knows something that it cannot say

is that something “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free”?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homocow posted:

MR WORLDWIDE ALERT

DALE!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

WIDE ALERT WORLD

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Thank you!!!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
worldstar alert imo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I say this everyday

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nonsense posted:

I think Biden hired many of these folks so he could bolster his binders full of minorities and all the hemming and hawing is so imbeciles like this poster can pipe up with this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/dollymad1812/status/1715179897000464645

He's no different than Hillary in all of his machinations since announcing he would run and becoming president. Actual crisis has shown him to be doddering and indecisive.

He made a decision. The decision just happened to be facilitating genocide

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

also has anyone in an official capacity ever attempted to define “American Security” re: the kind that bombing terrorists will help ensure?

it’s just a by-word for empire right?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

ALERT WIDEWORLD

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/FreddyDeknatel/status/1715195999612793286

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

CODChimera posted:

try searching [work chat] for "terrorists"

I actually had and there's basically nothing. People just aren't talking about this at all, which is weird and spooky and unusual in and of itself. All kinds of conflicting (and I would say, in some cases, quite insane) COVID views have been espoused and debated and tolerated throughout the course of the pandemic; on the other hand, this may as well not be happening from an operational perspective.

It makes me sad and then if I think about it too hard it makes me feel kind of crazy.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Just woke up, there was another hamas blast in a church???

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I think it's pretty clear Israel is planning an actual genocide, and there's probably more we don't know that these staffers are seeing. They're trying to distance themselves out of self preservation when poo poo hits the fan. Should tell you how hosed the entire Biden administration is

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I actually had and there's basically nothing. People just aren't talking about this at all, which is weird and spooky and unusual in and of itself. All kinds of conflicting (and I would say, in some cases, quite insane) COVID views have been espoused and debated and tolerated throughout the course of the pandemic; on the other hand, this may as well not be happening from an operational perspective.

It makes me sad and then if I think about it too hard it makes me feel kind of crazy.

I'm hosed up about it and I can barely continue to function as a single dad and a teacher, albeit relatively comfortable in America.

I can't imagine how bad it is there

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Brogeoisie posted:

I think it's pretty clear Israel is planning an actual genocide, and there's probably more we don't know that these staffers are seeing. They're trying to distance themselves out of self preservation when poo poo hits the fan. Should tell you how hosed the entire Biden administration is

How do you know? Has the bbc said it? Where? Whats your source

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Good news, if you're gay you can be drafted.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

ProfessorBooty posted:

not true anymore, the military's gone Woke

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I've noticed this on facebook as well. When Ukrainian poo poo was going down every single other post was pro Ukrainian lets do fundraisers poo poo but I think everyone knows this poo poo is wrong but doesn't want to chance offending any Jewish friends if they say "Israel is literally doing genocide to warsaw ghetto 2.0" I mean gently caress, I know that's why im not talking is because I dont want to have that kind of super hosed up conversation with an open forum on it. I've talked a little one on one with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ProfessorBooty posted:

thanks Obama