Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
just a nation of hitlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

Hubbert posted:

ok i was away what did biden say than ks

It's exactly what you'd expect. We're giving a bunch of money to Israel and Ukraine because we have to stop the bad guys.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
also we're going to start building an arsenal of democracy. No biggie.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

freakin' sweet!!!!!!

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Trump is the harm reduction candidate for foreign policy just by the simple fact that he's a dumb rear end who will gently caress up plans from the blob with his imbecilic juvenile horse poo poo. Biden is a dumb old man too but he believes in this crap.

Trump believes in nothing and he's also too much of a narcissist to ever pay much attention to anything that isn't about him. He'd get bored with an Israeli conflict so fast. He'd have to keep getting reminded why we even care.

Also he's such a petty crook he wouldn't be thinking about 100 billion dollar arms deals but small time corruption like getting the Israelis to rent extra space in trump tower in exchange for not talking poo poo on twitter about them.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

on the other hand maybe war footage is like the gorilla channel

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ProfessorBooty posted:

just a nation of hitlers.

https://twitter.com/skatie420/status/1714903240293433822?t=XnhANBqr5gabl1lpFex4sA&s=19

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Clare Daly (Irish MEP) has also been a voice of reason in the EU parliament, as usual

https://x.com/ClareDalyMEP/status/1715032236012036397?s=20
https://x.com/ClareDalyMEP/status/1714202849930793423?s=20

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i know a younger president in a nation that is oiled by the blood of helpless foreign civilians wouldn't be like more good or anything but biden straight up looks like mason verger after he ate his own face

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

cash crab posted:

i know a younger president in a nation that is oiled by the blood of helpless foreign civilians wouldn't be like more good or anything but biden straight up looks like mason verger after he ate his own face

he's got the same disease the changelings had when they started doing all the genocide on ds9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUqpY12JvZY

also lolled cause this show would never, ever get made in 2023

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
I would be perfectly fine with someone even older than Biden if they weren't manifestly incapable of doing their job and were ideologically closer to where I am. For goodness sakes, he started out in politics as an anti desegregation candidate eating lunch with Strom Thurmond. He has consistently been a shill for the interests every Delaware shell company for his entire career.

Then again I just don't think the American political system is capable of tolerating or producing as a viable candidate anyone who is left-wing.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Again its wild that Biden basically signed off on genocide and sold it as a good thing as it would help the American citizen as they begin to set up a war economy. Also, he explicitly said no boots on the ground in Ukraine but not Western Asia lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

awesome

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

What's worse, not being able to find gluten free flour or being bombed to death. It's difficult.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Zoeb posted:

I would be perfectly fine with someone even older than Biden if they weren't manifestly incapable of doing their job and were ideologically closer to where I am. For goodness sakes, he started out in politics as an anti desegregation candidate eating lunch with Strom Thurmond. He has consistently been a shill for the interests every Delaware shell company for his entire career.

when i pointed this out to my dad he told me "not to get involved in politics". :dafuq: but yeah, the fact that libs tout him as this progressive president makes me feel like i'm taking crazy pills until i realize that 99.9% of a lot of people's personal opinions about politics boils down to their own deep xenophobia and racism

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
please stop

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Keep going

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cuttlefush posted:

please stop

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Zoeb posted:

I would be perfectly fine with someone even older than Biden if they weren't manifestly incapable of doing their job and were ideologically closer to where I am.

In cspam we stan konstantin chernenko

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/960568745298223104?t=esUQ_l31LC68wziRolBTig&s=19

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

cash crab posted:

when i pointed this out to my dad he told me "not to get involved in politics". :dafuq: but yeah, the fact that libs tout him as this progressive president makes me feel like i'm taking crazy pills until i realize that 99.9% of a lot of people's personal opinions about politics boils down to their own deep xenophobia and racism

Stop discussing politics with your parents and and embrace grillpill philosophy.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

crepeface posted:

he's a basic rich old white guy with only political opinions being what benefits him personally at the time. solved.

this still sounds like an improvement over a basic rich old white guy with only political opinions being what benefits literally noone not even himself

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I'm not watching Tucker for 22 minutes.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol: my boiz dont miss
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1715076943035384192?t=8DFvdg-XvboXHXesJQo72A&s=19

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

he's got the same disease the changelings had when they started doing all the genocide on ds9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUqpY12JvZY

also lolled cause this show would never, ever get made in 2023

I mean their Palestinian stand-ins were depicted as fanatic, backbiting, self-sabotaging idiots that were all about murder unless they worked together with the Federation so you bet it would be made in the US today.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"Shrek" with an AK-47

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Willa Rogers posted:

no, it was a week.

this was the post.

tbf it was during the fall of kabul, and the mil-mods were particularly tetchy.

You mean the liberation of Kabul.

Thank you

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

now this is epic!

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I'm not watching Tucker for 22 minutes.

i am

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
News - Food, medicine, water purifiers, hygiene products and blankets have been piling in Egypt’s Sinai region at El Arish airport. Rafah, the border crossing into Gaza that Egypt had promised to open, is a few dozen kilometres to the east. And it remains closed as of Friday morning.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/10/19/israel-hamas-war-live-condemnation-after-israeli-strike-on-gaza-church

Humanitarian aid piles up in Egypt as Rafah crossing remains shut
2h ago (04:49 GMT)

Food, medicine, water purifiers, hygiene products and blankets have been piling in Egypt’s Sinai region at El Arish airport, which even opened an extra landing strip to cope with deliveries.

Rafah, the border crossing into Gaza that Egypt had promised to open, is a few dozen kilometres to the east. And it remains closed as of Friday morning.

The Rafah border is the only crossing into the blockaded Palestinian territory that is not controlled by Israel. Latest reports now say it could open on Saturday but several previous efforts to open the crossing for humanitarian reasons have gone unfulfilled.

On a visit to Cairo, UN chief Antonio Guterres said on Thursday that there needs to be “rapid, unimpeded humanitarian access” after dire warnings about the effects of the sustained Israeli blockade.

Guterres said the Rafah crossing and El Arish airport “are not only critical, they are our only hope” and “lifelines” for the people of Gaza. Brown Moses and Mid_Life_Crisis should be permabanned for genocide denial & apologia, and Koos Group should be permabanned for supporting genocide denial & apologia.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

but is it good news or bad news fizzy i need you to tell me because i dont want to figure it out myself

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

evilmiera posted:

I mean their Palestinian stand-ins were depicted as fanatic, backbiting, self-sabotaging idiots that were all about murder unless they worked together with the Federation so you bet it would be made in the US today.

they sent an experienced former terrorist to tell them how to do it

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I just saw the macklemore posts, do i have to listen to thriftshop in solidary? please no

(drat though awesome for him to do that he had no benefit to have say it and have solidarity)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Punished Turtle posted:

Science is interesting . On the left you see a Hitler, and to the right, Hitler 2, but the synthesis is Aleksandr Lukashenko, a non-Hitler, and many say, hero.

Batka is a handsome robust fellow, not like this swinish looking knave with hollow cheeks and hollowed eyes. He is a hero though and if anyone doubts it, look up poverty rates in Belarus.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Biden promised relief trucks but they just have surplus dildos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
There was some points made in the other thread that I wanted to address. It doesn't matter who said them.

It was said that there should not be a ceasefire and that these are two armies meeting at war.

The second part is simply not the truth. Hamas is not an army. This is a massacre.

They repeated the canard that Hamas is hiding in all the hospitals and they are using civilians as human shields. It is a thought terminating cliche.

"Hospitals are defying this under a shroud of righteousness, but can also be interpreted as effectively a form of defiance and protection for Hamas since they are known bad actors….The WHO can put out statements all they want, but they aren’t helping the situation. Israel clearly wants civilians gone so they can access the hidden networks and shoot anything that moves on sight."

I feel that this completely lacks any semblance of empathy for the Palestinian side in this conflict. It has built-in assumptions that their lives don't matter at all, that there is no merit to their resistance. Removing the Palestinian people in a trail of tears like situation does not mean that Hamas is left behind as if they have cement shoes. I also believe that Hamas itself is a product of Israel's cruel and inhumane conduct.

There's an analogy that I like to use related to US history and the genocide that we perpetuated against Native Americans. The United States encouraged people to move out west. They gave away free land to anyone who would homestead out there. They sold it as an adventure. Feel bad about being a penniless factory worker? Here is a way that you too could be a landowner. You just got to take the land back from the wilderness.

In this ideology, Native Americans aren't any different from hostile wildlife. People would go out west and from time to time, in retaliation for prior violence, Native Americans would come by and kill civilians. Settlers were not lying about Native American scalping people or doing other inhumane war crimes. And yet the ideology of manifest destiny, this notion that God gave them the land and they were entitled to it was genocidal.

Hamas are like the Native American soldiers. They had been pushed to the limits, dispossessed of their homes, and had their own families massacred again and again and again. If social media existed back then, The United States PR machine might have said that Native American soldiers were using Native American civilians as human shields and that there were no innocents because there was no way to separate who was doing the attack from those who weren't and therefore massacring entire communities down to the children was justified.

I'm not going to say that Hamas did nothing wrong or anything like that. Just as I wouldn't say that Native Americans killing kids in retaliation did nothing wrong. The real perpetrators of these atrocities were unreachable, they lived in Washington DC. But there is a sort of black and white thinking in expecting perfect victimhood. There is black and white thinking in categorizing all resistance to an ideology that dehumanizes and disinherits the native people of that land as criminal and worthy of death.

There must be a ceasefire. There must be reforms to allow these people to live alongside each other and not have these walls and checkpoints separating them. This situation cannot continue. There needs to be truth and reconciliation and there needs to be an acceptance that Zionism is wrong. I'm not sure how feasible it is given how thoroughly indoctrinated the Israeli public is but if nothing else we could stop giving them weapons and military assistance when they do these horrendous crimes. We never really got to have that in the United States either. We never gave any of the land or sovereignty back, and to this day there are fascists and chuds who say things like the land was "not stolen but conquered." Every human being on earth deserves worth and human dignity. This war, this conflict must end and it must end in justice.