Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Kerrzhe posted:

boy howdy folks do i really fuckin hate playing triple triad

There’s a Dalamud plugin that plays Triple Triad (and Cuff a Cur) for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Antivehicular posted:

Haha, sick. Guess it's time to get some achievements and junk up my armory chest even more...

I would recommend the ALC one first because unlike most of the other tools it's really noticeable, since it gives the whole alembic apparatus the blue dragon glowy effect.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kheldarn posted:

For Crafting Rotations/Macros, I recently discovered Craftingway, and it's been a HUGE help. Really simple to use, too.

While I'm working on my Splendorous I always have Teamcraft open in my other monitor, it's not the most intuitive program but once you've figured it out it's insanely powerful for figuring out precisely what you need to do to accomplish your next craft.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

What I want out of whatever class design rethink they do or do not decide to do is interesting choices to make that vary with the situation. As it stands, there are very few reasons to ever change up my rotation or spend resources based on what’s happing in the fight, and I’m starting to get really bored of it.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

blastron posted:

What I want out of whatever class design rethink they do or do not decide to do is interesting choices to make that vary with the situation. As it stands, there are very few reasons to ever change up my rotation or spend resources based on what’s happing in the fight, and I’m starting to get really bored of it.

You could just not play DPS if that's your goal. "Spending resources based on what's happening in the fight" is the entire healer rotational optimization space, and a decent chunk of tanking.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
And then there's Irregular tanks in Bozja content, where your defensive CDs become part of your "rotation" in that you need to survive basic raidwides.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ojjeorago posted:

Automating Cuff a Cur is extremely dishonorable.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So after a 6 month or so post-endwalker hiatus I’ve been playing again for a couple of months now. I haven’t started the patch story yet because I’m doing some other side stuff first.

Up until the latest patch I had a level 90 dungeon roulette in my duty finder, which I couldn’t access since I hadn’t unlocked the most recent patch dungeons. As of 6.5, that option has disappeared from the roulette menu. Did the 90 roulette wrap up, or is it just hiding a thing I can’t pick anyway?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Roach Warehouse posted:

So after a 6 month or so post-endwalker hiatus I’ve been playing again for a couple of months now. I haven’t started the patch story yet because I’m doing some other side stuff first.

Up until the latest patch I had a level 90 dungeon roulette in my duty finder, which I couldn’t access since I hadn’t unlocked the most recent patch dungeons. As of 6.5, that option has disappeared from the roulette menu. Did the 90 roulette wrap up, or is it just hiding a thing I can’t pick anyway?

Known bug from release. It'll be fixed.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Kyrosiris posted:

I would recommend the ALC one first because unlike most of the other tools it's really noticeable, since it gives the whole alembic apparatus the blue dragon glowy effect.

The CRP one is also great for this! The broad sawblade really shows off the rainbow iridescent scales as they animate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah if it's not unlocked Expert doesn't show up.

EDIT: to be clear, this does not affect unlocking it. You can't see the requirements but it'll show up fine once open.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 20, 2023

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

70 more Seal Rock wins to go.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Onean posted:

Yeah, that's why they say "made" and not sundered. That said, there's a Watcher for, presumably, every Shard but the Twelve are only on the Source, so I'm not sure "thirteenth thing made" fits either.
Yeah, I don't actually know for sure if the Watchers were all made to be on par with the Twelve, but what little evidence so far points to maybe somewhere in the same range, ish.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bruceski posted:

70 more Seal Rock wins to go.

It felt weird going through my achievements and finding out I had 30 Seal Rock victories.

Like how

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I keep forgetting to contact a GM, I've got a rare PvP bug where limit break just doesn't appear on my abilities list. This has made PvP difficult to say the least without limit breaks.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I assume you've gone to the Wolves' Den and looked through the HUD customization menus

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
folks,
the atma rng will kill me

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ojjeorago posted:

hey what the gently caress???

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Roluth posted:

Repeat after me: if somebody died to avoidable damage, then it's not your fault. I cannot budget my heals for mistakes, the mechanics must be done.

My casual static has enough damage to clear enrage if they just don't die due to standing in bad. So...yeah. Don't die lol.

I'm not going to feel guilty if someone dies to avoidable damage, but pre-shielding to give people a pass for standing in bad during a hard mechanic can speed up prog a lot.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Xerophyte posted:

You could just not play DPS if that's your goal. "Spending resources based on what's happening in the fight" is the entire healer rotational optimization space, and a decent chunk of tanking.

I recognize that, but my WoL is an archer, and I want to shoot things with big arrows and make the big numbers happen. Figuring out optimal long-cooldown oGCD usage is great, but I want to do that in order to make the bosses’ numbers go down, not my allies’ numbers go up.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Thundarr posted:

When my party ends the night with a clean Superchain IIA, but only then do I realize that the 2 minute ability window comes up right in the middle of all that bullshit.

1mins are ready just as limit cut ends with the 2min having about 30s left. If you use 1mins there you can have a slightly delayed 2min pot window burst at the end of superchain 2a and because the fight is almost over you're not losing a 2min window

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FuturePastNow posted:

I assume you've gone to the Wolves' Den and looked through the HUD customization menus

Yes they're completely gone. When I go to the wolves den for the first time with a class my bars are filled with obsolete garbage that doesn't work, although I haven't tried it on sage or reaper yet. Unless there's a HUD bar specifically for limit breaks I'm not noticing in the options menu I just plain don't have it.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Yes they're completely gone. When I go to the wolves den for the first time with a class my bars are filled with obsolete garbage that doesn't work, although I haven't tried it on sage or reaper yet. Unless there's a HUD bar specifically for limit breaks I'm not noticing in the options menu I just plain don't have it.

uhhhh... make sure you're opening the pvp profile menu and looking thru the pvp job actions? pvp limit breaks are job specific buttons mixed in with all the others (including all the junk you can't actually assign to a hotbar) that you gotta dig out of their menu

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, you can find it here (MCH example):

Marksman's Spite is the MCH LB.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

3/3 on bkk extremes today where mentors immediately dropped and we went on to one or two pull the fight. that replacement dps who parachuted into frozen (extreme) with 3% of the hp bar left got a nice surprise :v:

drew thordan, shiva, and rath today. not a bad haul

also reminded me that i need to go do the new unreal. and extreme. i'm so behind :negative:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I got Byakko yesterday and it was surprisingly easy. And a Shinryu that was not :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Folks

it's about 24 hours till fanfest

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
the new unreal has given me horrid, violent flashbacks. it's probably the most modern-looking fight in heavensward with all the markers that are now consistent, but has the exact same points that trip people up

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oneiros posted:

uhhhh... make sure you're opening the pvp profile menu and looking thru the pvp job actions? pvp limit breaks are job specific buttons mixed in with all the others (including all the junk you can't actually assign to a hotbar) that you gotta dig out of their menu

Yeah and mine doesn't have it. I'd show a screenshot but my computer is currently in pieces awaiting a new motherboard. I went through the actions on a job one at a time and none of them were the limit break.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/theyin18/status/1715055175478718817

Animation of my bun and my fav minion :kimchi:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/bekilledagain/status/1652131147910922241?t=TojDYK4l9M8k3cPMqlxFMw&s=19

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

I didn't find those, but I did find one that will look at the NPC you're targeting, then look at all of the cards you own, and show the 5 cards to use to have the best chance to beat said NPC. It'll also recommend what card to play and where to play it, but you actually have to play the cards, so you can ignore it whenever you want.

It also doesn't do anything for Tournaments against NPCs.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Also why Cuff a Cur? I always just do the crane game thing 4 times for the challenge log because it's easy and right below the Cactpot NPCs

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i do Finer Miner because it’s right by the Verminion place

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All Siants' Wake starts on 10/27 and has a new emote.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Kheldarn posted:

I didn't find those

It's not an official repo plugin: https://github.com/PunishXIV/Saucy

Also home to plugins like YesAlready which auto-confirms prompts so you don't have to confirm you're absolutely sure you want to open the Flame Barracks door half a dozen times to get in, and Pandora's Box which is the even more crimetools version of SimpleTweaks.

Tamba posted:

Also why Cuff a Cur? I always just do the crane game thing 4 times for the challenge log because it's easy and right below the Cactpot NPCs

It was an initial automation test and left in mostly as a joke.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kheldarn posted:

All Siants' Wake starts on 10/27 and has a new emote.

An emote? I'm a little disappointed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What are everyone's big non-job predictions for fanfest

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Countblanc posted:

What are everyone's big non-job predictions for fanfest

prediction: there will be a fanfest

Adbot