Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
She was your Control Team captain, apparently.

At least This Faust was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

She was your Control Team captain, apparently.

At least This Faust was.

Does This Faust also have a crush on Malkuth then? :v:

Also I absolutely called Forsaken Murderer on Mersault. Dude's the Blunt EGO guy and fits perfectly with the book.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Dude's the Blunt EGO guy and fits perfectly with the book.

No amount of chains will stop Meursault from not paying attention to the court

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

That hairstyle and brooch...

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Does This Faust also have a crush on Malkuth then? :v:

She knows about day 50 so I'm willing to bet she's at least a Faust-level doer of detective-related activities. :v:

As for the E.G.O, it's supposed to be the one from Ruina so it's basically a glammed up version of the E.G.O page.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Man, I really wanna see the uptie story for that Regret E.G.O. identity.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

As for the E.G.O, it's supposed to be the one from Ruina so it's basically a glammed up version of the E.G.O page.
Now that I actually look at it I'm not sure it's glammed up at all, actually.

It looks identical to the one Angela wore in the Yesod Realization cutscene. I didn't realize the Ruina EGO also had the cravat and brooch.

That plus the mask looking like a turtleneck pulled up way too high makes me wonder if the Forsaken Murderer actually represents Carmen's view of Gabriel rather than someone they tortured and experimented on?

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 20, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

It's so weird to see Meursault with unkempt hair.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Now that I actually look at it I'm not sure it's glammed up at all, actually.

It looks identical to the one Angela wore in the Yesod Realization cutscene. I didn't realize the Ruina EGO also had the cravat and brooch.

That plus the mask looking like a turtleneck pulled up way too high makes me wonder if the Forsaken Murderer actually represents Carmen's view of Gabriel rather than someone they tortured and experimented on?
Well, he certainly fits the self-harm motif, having to be restrained, and the irony of working on a cure for a disease of the mind causing someone's mental health to rapidly deteriorate into self-harm. Maybe a combination of her view of Gabriel and her view of things as a whole in the aftermath/when her suicidal depression hit, with the mention of herself in the EGO description being her self-loathingly poking at herself?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Marluxia posted:

I am pretty sure they stole the big technology that the Ring had, the weird alternative door dimension, (Leviathan events) and that was a technology she did not develop, just merely installed into Mephistopheles.

Hah, this just got confirmed today. On that note, I really do wonder about Ryoshu. Based off her promotion image, she seems to have some kind of relationship with all five fingers, but she has the most ties to the Ring, even knowing about their secret technology.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Marluxia posted:

Hah, this just got confirmed today. On that note, I really do wonder about Ryoshu. Based off her promotion image, she seems to have some kind of relationship with all five fingers, but she has the most ties to the Ring, even knowing about their secret technology.

There's been a theory going around that she was a member of the Ring who hosed up a Finger Bow-Bell (the big inter syndicate meeting between the 5 fingers).

Perhaps she was meant to make some sort of performance artwork and things went wrong because Daughter turned into Katana.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

interesting that she knows about the 50 days, Faust Knows All Outcomes I guess

coins are 1-3-4 which seems neat

GilliamYaeger posted:

I think Forsaken Murderer just represents the test subjects for Cogito in general and the outfit is mostly just a nod to Ruina. Though it could also represent Yesod's guilt. Carmen tints the lens a bit with lobcorp abnos since she's the source of Cogito but most abnos aren't from her viewpoint at all.

He could also be a literal test subject turned abno. There's an abnormality that's just a guy wandering the mirror dungeon with an enk box on his head so enough of the stuff will do crazy things to you.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 20, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

There's been a theory going around that she was a member of the Ring who hosed up a Finger Bow-Bell (the big inter syndicate meeting between the 5 fingers).

Perhaps she was meant to make some sort of performance artwork and things went wrong because Daughter turned into Katana.

I'm guessing she's ex-Shi given her affinity for murder and familiarity with their style. They're philistines who don't appreciate true art and wanted her to "kill your target without making a gallery out of it oh my god" like some kind of savage.

Though she could also have been targeted by them who knows, we don't really have enough her to go on beyond her reluctance to draw the sword ever.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 20, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I mean, the Murderer has both of Gabriel's problems explicitly shown: his insistence on covering his body, with the Murderer even more covered up, and the self harm.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

I mean, the Murderer has both of Gabriel's problems explicitly shown: his insistence on covering his body, with the Murderer even more covered up, and the self harm.

i don't think he's insisting on the straight jacket, he has it because he's a murderer that's being used for horrible experiments

e: Thinking about it he's definitely a nod to Yesod's whole arc about how nobody cares about where technology comes from or the cost of their convinences but I don't think he's meant to represent Yesod himself. That angle doesn't really fit IMO

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 20, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did the nuggets even know about the 50 day plan? TQ LP aside. Faust as Control Team Captain seems to be more knowledgable about that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/tokyotaidou/status/1715347931686121636?s=20

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

i don't think he's insisting on the straight jacket, he has it because he's a murderer that's being used for horrible experiments

e: Thinking about it he's definitely a nod to Yesod's whole arc about how nobody cares about where technology comes from or the cost of their convinences but I don't think he's meant to represent Yesod himself. That angle doesn't really fit IMO
I think the representation is more about the human cost of the research into Cogito in general, with some focus on Yesod motifs because Gabriel's slide into self harming madness was a really prolonged and dramatic example of that. It's more that Yesod's story fits the theme of Forsaken Murderer instead of the Murderer is supposed to be Yesod.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

...come to think of it, he can heal people by punching using Pursuance. Hmmmmm.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Side note, I did some quick math on each individual Sinner's current ID status with sin generation and currently we have 5 gaps

Gregor has no IDs that generate Pride.
Heathcliff has no IDs that generate Pride.
Meursault has no IDs that generate Gluttony.
Outis has no IDs that generate Envy.
Ryoshu has no IDs that generate Gloom.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

PetraCore posted:

I think the representation is more about the human cost of the research into Cogito in general, with some focus on Yesod motifs because Gabriel's slide into self harming madness was a really prolonged and dramatic example of that. It's more that Yesod's story fits the theme of Forsaken Murderer instead of the Murderer is supposed to be Yesod.

I think this makes sense, we can see already with the EGO that are shared between Sinners that individuals manifesting EGO can modify how they look. Don Quixote and Faust both can use Clappy Shark but get different looks from it. Given the nature of Walpurgis Night, Meursault is likely "drawing" not just from Forsaken Murderer, but specifically Angela's catalogued Forsaken Murderer. So Angela is the source of the outfit mixing with Yesod if anything, not Carmen.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei posted:

Did the nuggets even know about the 50 day plan? TQ LP aside. Faust as Control Team Captain seems to be more knowledgable about that.

There's no reason to think that was the case, no, which is part of why Angela did nothing wrong.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I wonder how that's going to play out since PM seems to shy away from that kind of child harm, Tiphereths aside.

Though I'd imagine if Ryoshu did have family, either a parent or child of her own, she'd put the fear of god in someone who messed with them regardless of who they were with. Seems to be a pretty common trait of parents in the City, go figure.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

Side note, I did some quick math on each individual Sinner's current ID status with sin generation and currently we have 5 gaps

Gregor has no IDs that generate Pride.
Heathcliff has no IDs that generate Pride.
Meursault has no IDs that generate Gluttony.
Outis has no IDs that generate Envy.
Ryoshu has no IDs that generate Gloom.

The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Heathcliff's lack of Pride. The others I could totally buy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We were at 6 pretty recently-Molar Yi Sang closed the Lust gap on his IDs. So I anticipate new IDs will close these in the future.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

KobunFan posted:

The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Heathcliff's lack of Pride. The others I could totally buy.

It makes sense to me. Heathcliff doesn't pretend to be anything he's not—hell, in Canto 3 we had that whole scene where Ishmael gets lectured for pretending to know what's going on while Heath didn't. He may want power and money, but only for the sake of getting back at… whatever the hell happened to get him to that funeral.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

given how every other lcorp location had no idea about the whole Light thing it seems like nobody but Ayin really had any idea(Hokma and Binah were aware of the vague outline but didn't know specifics iirc), so Faust knowing about it is notable

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

given how every other lcorp location had no idea about the whole Light thing it seems like nobody but Ayin really had any idea(Hokma and Binah were aware of the vague outline but didn't know specifics iirc), so Faust knowing about it is notable

She probably something that count the day and when it got weirdly gently caress-up, she started doing calculation about everything and maybe found out?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Shastahanshah posted:

There's no reason to think that was the case, no, which is part of why Angela did nothing wrong.

I wonder how that's going to play out since PM seems to shy away from that kind of child harm, Tiphereths aside.

Though I'd imagine if Ryoshu did have family, either a parent or child of her own, she'd put the fear of god in someone who messed with them regardless of who they were with. Seems to be a pretty common trait of parents in the City, go figure.
We also don't have any indication how old Ryoshu's daughter was. For all we know, Ryoshu is in her 40s and her kid was an adult. I believe in the original short story, the daughter is 15 or 16, but that's contextually treated as a legal and societal adult, just a quite young one. So I wouldn't be surprised if Ryoshu's daughter was 18 to 20 years old.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

I'm pretty sure Faust has some weird shared mirror consciousness going on, she knows the things other Fausts know (potentially). So any Faust learning about the 50 day plan, like say, after it's done, could potentially have given that knowledge to the collective.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure Faust has some weird shared mirror consciousness going on, she knows the things other Fausts know (potentially). So any Faust learning about the 50 day plan, like say, after it's done, could potentially have given that knowledge to the collective.
...you know, that does seem like something Faust would do to herself and every other Faust in the collective would agree to in order to get that sweet sweet information.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

She just needs Angela Faust, Ayin Faust or any kind of Librarian Faust to exist in order to have the information, presumably.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Off the top of my head, the biggest proofs of it are Lob Corp Remnant Faust, who mentions "experiencing every life in the city" and N Corp Faust (who knows that Kromer exists in other worlds as the One Who Grips and explicitly mindbroke Sinclair to be a better One Who Grips than Kromer is).

This is also why "Faust knows all outcomes" and is "the most knowledgeable person in the city".

GilliamYaeger posted:

She just needs Angela Faust, Ayin Faust or any kind of Librarian Faust to exist in order to have the information, presumably.

Ayin Faust sounds the most probably, she tends to be "the boss" in mirror worlds where she's learning or experiencing very important facts.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I liked the theory I heard about how Faust addresses herself: When she uses "I" she refers to the Faust Dante is talking to - the Faust that is native to this world, and she uses "Faust" she refers to one of the Fausts living in the mirror worlds. A neat and likely bit of characterization.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PetraCore posted:

We also don't have any indication how old Ryoshu's daughter was. For all we know, Ryoshu is in her 40s and her kid was an adult. I believe in the original short story, the daughter is 15 or 16, but that's contextually treated as a legal and societal adult, just a quite young one. So I wouldn't be surprised if Ryoshu's daughter was 18 to 20 years old.

Ryoshu being 40 would make her edgy teenager attitude way, way funnier.

Like finding out Argalia is 43 or whateve he is.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Shastahanshah posted:

Ryoshu being 40 would make her edgy teenager attitude way, way funnier.

Like finding out Argalia is 43 or whateve he is.
I really want Don Quixote to be 40 minimum. It'd be so funny.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ayin Faust sounds the most probably, she tends to be "the boss" in mirror worlds where she's learning or experiencing very important facts.

Nah Faust isn't always the boss in Mirror Worlds like Lobcorp is her just in the position of Yuri aka barely making ends meet and Warp Faust is only L2 which isn't that high up.

The real meme would be Ayin Don since Don kind of consistently in a leader role except for N corp and our bus Don. So her being a leader in Lob Corp wouldn't be out of the question though probably not Ayin level since we don't even have a clue how the mirror identities work but so far it still seems mostly low ranked people since as far as associations go rank 4 seems to be the current max.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

She seems to know all outcomes besides the possibility she's in so that might track

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

She seems to know all outcomes besides the possibility she's in so that might track

The Sinners are so chaotic together even the collective-mind of Faust is lost.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
my Rupture team killed an end-of-Normal MD2 Shock Centipede without it getting a single action. Did enough damage that broke the shield turn 1, then two more turns of being stunned and open. Thunderbranch helped obvs but still, people who say Rupture aren't good are lying.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Junpei posted:

my Rupture team killed an end-of-Normal MD2 Shock Centipede without it getting a single action. Did enough damage that broke the shield turn 1, then two more turns of being stunned and open. Thunderbranch helped obvs but still, people who say Rupture aren't good are lying.

I've been playing around with it, and it does kinda feel like you either need the team to go in a certain order or gifts like Thunderbranch - though admittedly I'm using 7 Faust/Heath/Outis, Rose Gregor, Talisman Sinclair, and LCCB Ishmael, so I'm not sure if I need to be subbing 7 Ryoshu in somewhere or not (7 Yi Sang does not feel good at UT3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The team I used was all 5 Seven IDs (Heath and Yi were at 4, everyone else was at 3), K Hong Lu and Talisman Sinclair.