Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Per the wiki entry:

As the number of residents grew, the City of Miami and the State of Florida disagreed over who was ultimately responsible for the sex offenders. Miami City Commissioner Marc Sarnoff, worried about how tourists perceived the colony, prompted an attorney from the Florida Department of Corrections to write a letter to the City of Miami absolving the Department of responsibility. The City of Miami responded by filing a lawsuit against the state, citing public health and safety concerns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/bpleasies/status/1590908676092887040?s=19

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/meanunclejack/status/1713734573446566071?t=LwL-oowgBbTnMPb7XXHm9w&s=19

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Does anyone have that Jared Kushner blind item thing that mentions 666 Park Ave (the actual building, not the show) or whatever the street was?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dokapon Findom posted:

Does anyone have that Jared Kushner blind item thing that mentions 666 Park Ave (the actual building, not the show) or whatever the street was?

5th

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/meanunclejack/status/1713734573446566071?t=rQxtKFqjvFDr2nBdOQtKMw&s=19

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

That guy is hilarious, but Conan... pure cringe

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Cookie Cutter posted:

Conan wrote the Monorail Simpsons episode so he's a legend just for that alone

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FBI informant Peter Thiel

https://www.businessinsider.com/peter-thiel-fbi-informant-charles-johnson-johnathan-buma-chs-genius-2023-10

quote:

Peter Thiel has worn many hats over the years: Silicon Valley founder, Trump megadonor, cryptocurrency booster, democracy skeptic.

But there is yet another facet to Thiel, one that has remained secret until now: FBI informant.

In the summer of 2021, Insider has learned, Thiel began providing information as a "confidential human source," or CHS, to Johnathan Buma, a Los Angeles-based FBI agent who specializes in investigating political corruption and foreign-influence campaigns.

Charles Johnson, a longtime associate of Thiel's and a notorious figure in the far-right movement that Thiel has subsidized for a decade, told Insider in a statement that he helped recruit the billionaire as an informant by introducing him to Buma.

A source with knowledge of Thiel's relationship to the FBI, whose identity is known to Insider but who insisted on anonymity, corroborated Johnson's account, telling Insider that Johnson brokered a relationship between Thiel and Buma. Insider was able to confirm through an additional source that the FBI added Thiel to its formal roster of registered informants.

Another source close to Thiel told Insider that while they could not confirm that Thiel was a CHS, Thiel did speak to Buma occasionally. The source said that any assistance Thiel might have provided to the FBI should be understood as part of Thiel's gradual distancing of himself from Trump and the broader MAGA movement, which has vigorously criticized the FBI and other federal law-enforcement agencies.

Johnson, who said that he was also an informant for Buma, told Insider that he believes that Thiel's reporting to the FBI was largely limited to foreign contacts and attempts by foreign governments to penetrate Silicon Valley. Thiel has publicly called on the FBI to investigate Google's ties to the Chinese government.

Thiel, Johnson said, was directed by the FBI not to report on his interactions with Donald Trump or other US political figures.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cookie Cutter posted:

you take that back right now or there will be fisticuffs

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cookie Cutter posted:

Oooph swing and a miss buddy

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

wow I bet the Israeli government wishes it could ask Jeff for some more hot tips on how to handle the Middle East conflict right now

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

I stand by my comments regarding Conan, never liked him, to me he seems like he's trying too hard to be funny, all the time. Although I'm not American so there's something I'm missing probably.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cookie Cutter posted:

I stand by my comments regarding Conan, never liked him, to me he seems like he's trying too hard to be funny, all the time. Although I'm not American so there's something I'm missing probably.

that might be it. he's playing the absurd clown, always. it's a sort of compulsion and not all that different from his real personality, apparently.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shocked that the technolibertarian actually loves the security state

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

I'm shocked by 'Johnathan'. What an absolute abomination of a name. :monocle:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Cookie Cutter posted:

i like him but it's true. all of the late night guys who have to deliver zingers all the time are like that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol. and he was probably CIA before that along with the rest of the PayPal mafia

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol. and he was probably CIA before that along with the rest of the PayPal mafia

Motherfucker took their VC money to spin up palantir he's spooked to hell and back

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

https://x.com/reallybadposter/status/1715179524231733475?s=46&t=XLIFOcsJHlmxpRCSXB8FIQ

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's not a totenkopf

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

That's not a totenkopf

what tattoo did you reference to come to this conclusion

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

rodbeard posted:

That's not a totenkopf

*shows off my giant Australian totenkopf back piece* THIS is a totenkopf

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Being a Democrat staffer is the lamest insight role I could imagine

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
please tell me that's not more on his head behind that nasty beard

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

smarxist posted:

what tattoo did you reference to come to this conclusion

Now that's P.O.D. racing

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

So given all the cameras he had in his places. Epstein was definitely recording powerful people having sex with girls that he provided them, and may have passed the tapes to Mossad. Would explain why so many top politicians can't even mildly criticize Israel for bombing hospitals.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Marenghi posted:

So given all the cameras he had in his places. Epstein was definitely recording powerful people having sex with girls that he provided them, and may have passed the tapes to Mossad. Would explain why so many top politicians can't even mildly criticize Israel for bombing hospitals.

donald trump used to own the plaza hotel in NYC. years after he had sold it a Chinese company bought it and the state department suddenly issued a warning saying any of their personnel in NYC should avoid it because china could use their access to pre-wire rooms for surveillance. :thunk:

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Clinton went out of his way to execute a brained damaged man, he didnt need a lot of convincing

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mistermojo posted:

Clinton went out of his way to execute a brained damaged man, he didnt need a lot of convincing

he took a break from campaigning for president to go back home to arkie to oversee the execution. the man who was going to be executed told guards he was saving the pie from his last meal to eat later. way to go, bill!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Marenghi posted:

Epstein recording people & using that to influence them is probably true but also like 90% of the senators and congresspeople have been documented peddling influence for untenable actors and their policies for less than the value of ham sandwich, that's the beauty of the mystery

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

my bony fealty posted:

He's a big fan of Curtis Varvin (Mencius Moldbug) who founded the Dark Enlightenment movement, which is essentially 'okay but what if I got to be the Deep State'.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Thanks. Does anyone have the link to that? I'm having trouble finding it using Google, naturally :nallears:

It was posted itt but like... a year or more ago I think

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

He's a big fan of Curtis Varvin (Mencius Moldbug) who founded the Dark Enlightenment movement, which is essentially 'okay but what if I got to be the Deep State'.

they're all like this

Larry Ellison is a spook. The Google founders were buds with Epstein. All the tech lords are fascists of the truest sense.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Curtis yarvin has ideas that are complete silly sauce. They are absolutely bonkers and incompatible with common sense. They would make the world and even more miserable and terrible place for everyone but maybe one person. He essentially wants to bring back feudalism because he thinks that is freedom. Peter thiel and that crowd are against democracy as being incompatible with freedom and prefer dictatorship.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

they're all like this

Larry Ellison is a spook. The Google founders were buds with Epstein. All the tech lords are fascists of the truest sense.

wasn't Oracle db based on promis? lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

wasn't Oracle db based on promis? lol

in spirit if not as direct lineage

Oracle does have its origin in a CIA-developed relational db called...Oracle :grin:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You don't even have to come up with conspiracy theories for Israel, there's an official lobbying group. Our government saw fit to set up an official channel for a foreign government to bribe your local congressman because what the gently caress are you going to do about it. I was under the impression Epstein was CIA but I don't remember why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

rodbeard posted:

You don't even have to come up with conspiracy theories for Israel, there's an official lobbying group. Our government saw fit to set up an official channel for a foreign government to bribe your local congressman because what the gently caress are you going to do about it. I was under the impression Epstein was CIA but I don't remember why.

I thought he was Mossad