Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

uninterrupted posted:

they've got weirdly long memories for folks who think remembering is doxxing

they still mourn the expat venezuela posters who had enough shame to stop posting after their fav reactionary us puppet was humiliated and literal us military invasion got thwarted by the heroic Venezuelan People

Venegoons: Maduro must go!
Maduro: who must go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

That's really the key. None of it is in good faith on their end so even if you try and play their elaborate game with their dumb elaborate rules and regulations and post the "right" way it's not going to matter if they don't like your opinion. They don't actually care about the rules. It's like thinking you could primary a dem candidate as long as you really carefully read the laws and play the game. It doesn't matter, they won't let you in.

the_steve posted:

Speaking as a former IK for the D&D section, ostensibly the primary job we had was just to make sure that the arguments didn't get too out of hand.

But yeah, in reality, the mods are just there to make sure nobody upsets the lib ghouls who just want D&D to be their personal hugbox.

The posters there bray and whine and complain about how they want the rules to be enforced so that actual debate can be had, but the second Majorian or I actually applied the rules to them, they demanded our heads on a platter, because it was never about debating and discussing, it was about circlejerking themselves over how they support the Good Guys and only Republicans can be bad and punishing anyone who disagreed with or contradicted them.

VitalSigns posted:

It's not personal but the thing to keep in mind is that if you want to post in US domestic politics or any thread that involves US foreign policy, you have to follow the letter of the rules. Unlike most of the forums, you can't just take a cue from the regulars and post like them. Just because they are making jokes doesn't mean you can. This isn't my opinion btw, it's an official statement from one of the D&D feedback threads:

yep. whenever I read D&D I have a habit of reporting any post I sincerely believe violates the Koos Group rules (mostly low content, innuendo, Strawmanning, bad faith posting and the like) and it's actually quite a lot of posts I encounter which very clearly break the rules -- i was told this morning I reported "10 posts in 13 minutes." I cite the rules each time.

well I got a talking to by someone who is not Koos Group and I was told only things that are "very important," like doxxing and gore (i.e. sitewide rules) are reportable for me anymore, with the implication that I will be punished if I report anything that violates the specific rules that Koos Group has set.

excuse me if I don't brook low content posts! now D&D is officially a boulevard of broken rules...

e: also lol that they really hate the rules

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1715136130406920404?t=UK7H-CXjs6irCNDbolPi0A&s=19

Maybe she will post a video of her crying looking on at congress

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Blockade posted:

I once asked what can a vote matter in places like Florida, given the Brooks Brothers riot and the government just destroying votes they don't like
Actually that was the fault of too many people voting (for Nader!)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i pretty much only report Discendo Vox posts just because i know he seethes with rage every time he gets probed lol

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

WampaLord posted:

The most pushback I ever got in D&D was when I said that individual votes for national elections don't matter at all

It seems like liberal Americans have this myth inside them that their vote will be the one to break a tie and Actually Matter and decide the election

They've convinced themselves that people are actually in control of the government in the same way that people have convinced themselves that homeless people are bad people who made bad decisions

Because if you don't believe otherwise that means we live in a horribly corrupt, race-to-the-bottom system with a moral imperative to destroy it as quickly as possible; which obviously can't be true because liberals learned in 3rd grade that the US Government is the best system that was ever created with checks and balances everywhere so no abuse of power was possible and every citizen could manifest their dreams with a ballot

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
I just remembered one episode of Beau of the Fifth Column where under pressure from his audience he quickly admits that leftists are right about everything and then immediately goes back to peddling feckless liberal worldviews and advocating for Democrats like he didn't just give away the game

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i pretty much only report Discendo Vox posts just because i know he seethes with rage every time he gets probed lol

he whines about the rules not being enforced all the time, itself a violation of the rules. he doesn't know how lucky he is to be in the in-group of folks who are allowed to just report and move on, as one should.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lol did the biden accomplishments guy really run away and hide

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lol did the biden accomplishments guy really run away and hide

Sadly it looks like he’s made eight other tweets since the last one, and most of them is just him jeering at protestors and smearing Palestinians.

Looks like that tweet was just melodramatic horseshit!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Also, Michael Cohen called the initial Hamas attack the 10/7 Pogrom

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

this is the most embarrassing TikTok account that exists
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7291006378028715295
Whatever happened to banning it??

House Republican leadership got nothing on Speaker Emerita Pelosi💅 #dnc #thedemocrats #houseofrepresentatives #nancypelosi #speakerofthehouse

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

I always get the impression that liberals operate under the implicit assumption that the US has 100% voter turnout, or that people who have ever skipped a vote for any reason will never vote under any circumstances or don't deserve to vote or something

that's why the only strategy they have been able to conceptualize to get more votes for the last 40 years has been "outflank Republicans and poach their moderates". Moderate Republicans are Voters, and people who don't think it's worth it to vote because politicians pretty demonstrably will never do anything worthwhile are Bad Faith Posters, and one of those categories is worth outreach and the other isn't.

They also think the latter category is just a few malcontents on Twitter rather than, by every vote tally there has ever been, an outright majority of the country
Exactly. They don't understand that huge swathes of the population rationally don't vote because they're hopeless.

He's such a useless piece of poo poo.

Whaaaa?!!!?!?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Sadly it looks like he’s made eight other tweets since the last one, and most of them is just him jeering at protestors and smearing Palestinians.

Looks like that tweet was just melodramatic horseshit!

It's been a real mask off week for libs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is the fortnite games discord fyi

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's been a real mask off week for libs

For the PMC libs it absolutely has. The non-PMC libs are just kind of hiding under their beds right now and are praying the whole thing goes away.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Oct 20, 2023

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/mikereisswriter/status/1715414826749677860?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If putting an end to Judi Dench's career is what it takes to get universal healthcare, I think that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

If putting an end to Judi Dench's career is what it takes to get universal healthcare, I think that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make

I like Judi Dench but...yeah. Easy trade off.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Name a role Patrick Stewart has played in the last ten years, no googling

Now name a Patrick Stewart role from the last ten years you'd accept crushing student loan debt to preserve, this one's open-book

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

Now name a Patrick Stewart role from the last ten years you'd accept crushing student loan debt to preserve, this one's open-book

The CIA director on American Dad

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Those people are actors and Biden is a politician, hth

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Scorsese made too many great movies and is a champion of world cinema the likes of which america has never produced before or since. He will be sorely missed.

gently caress the other losers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

loquacius posted:

Star Trek Picard

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

Green Room was sick tbh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Green Room

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ok fine

but still Reiss' tradeoff isn't "obliterate these actors from history", it's "make them call it a career" and that's probably even ok for Scorsese so there :colbert:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That is a lie. Patrick Stewart did not play the green room.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

That is a lie. Patrick Stewart did not play the green room.

Patrick Stewart as John Greenroom

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

loquacius posted:

Green room, Picard, Emoji Movie, Logan, Dr. Strange 2

All of those ones

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i love martin scorsese but he would understand

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The tweet is disingenuous anyway; the problem isn't that Joe is old, the problem is that his brain is full of prions, unlike those celebrities

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

ok fine

but still Reiss' tradeoff isn't "obliterate these actors from history", it's "make them call it a career" and that's probably even ok for Scorsese so there :colbert:

i mean the more obvious counterpoint would be that none of those people are president

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Yeah ok good

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

You know what I'm convinced, considering how many lives the president affects, why do we have age limits for pilots who at most are responsible for 300 or so people?

End ageism, end age limits for pilots and air traffic controllers

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

The CIA director on American Dad
President Bullock would be better than Biden.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Tsitsikovas posted:

only if you vote the right way and if everyone votes The Right Way. The problem with everything, everything at all, is the lack of voting. We know this because, as you were told, voting will be the one way.

the Andor "one way out!" scene but they jump off the building and into a voting booth

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Libs admitting the presidency is just an acting job to go on TV and read out some words other people told you to say

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

smug jeebus posted:

The tweet is disingenuous anyway; the problem isn't that Joe is old, the problem is that his brain is full of prions, unlike those celebrities
Yeah, people age differently. It doesn't take much to notice Joe is hosed up, especially because he has a long history of health problems, such aneurysms going back to the 1980s. But we aren't allowed to remember things so.

VitalSigns posted:

Libs admitting the presidency is just an acting job to go on TV and read out some words other people told you to say

lmao yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

None of those people should be president, either.

Anyway, three of them are foreigners and aren't even eligible.