Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

All the "how would Trump handle this" talk did remind me of when he said "hey Bibi I love you but maybe cool it a little with all the settlements" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sherbert Hoover posted:

a quick glance would tell them that they're even more wrapped up in liturgy than the catholics and they would say "ok so they're like weirder and even more heretical catholics, got it"

*West Virginiaishly* buddy, I caint tell them dang aes sedai apart to save my hind end

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what is this video

for those of us that don’t read every 1000 posts made every hour

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1714399005399011406

edit: lol that community note is new since I first saw the tweet, but of course poo poo like that is getting attached to anything critical of the narrative

This video also has the strike:
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1714984258358391057

tangy yet delightful has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Oct 20, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/status/1715350184958513426

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1715415197035254069

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The dinky crater does align with an Israeli airstrike as someone explained with diagrams the other day you don't want most of the blast to go downward since it's a waste of energy.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i'd appreciate if someone could show if the video of the massive explosion ever aired in western media after the idf claimed palestinians did it

even an msnbc reporter was questioning the absurdity at the beginning of the idf claims of the disparity between the damage and explosion and what hamas is capable of

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i would bet everything i own on the fact that less than half of americans could correctly answer "what are the two major sects of islam"

steve harvey flipping over the number one answer on the board worth 62 points: male and female

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
hamas releases two american POWs because qatar asked them to

https://twitter.com/alarabytv/status/1715409988707844492?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://x.com/GUnderground_TV/status/1714939503784157375?s=20

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

for them, the rave is finally over

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1715414750908018784

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

PostNouveau posted:

Did anyone care about the super old church getting bombed and killing 200 people? I would have thought it would cause as much outrage as the hospital, if not more because Christians in the U.S. love to yap about how much they support their oppressed brethren in the Middle East.

US christians barely give a gently caress about catholicism, and they really dont give a gently caress about the orthodox churches.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I agree with Pener's old thread on the issue: if Hamas is to be condemned for indiscriminate rocket attacks, clearly the solution is to give them guided missiles

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZZ25S2JBA

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is what Lenin was talking about when he said that without a communist vanguard party the proletariat would only ever get as far as trade union consciousness

It's also inherently self-destructive. If all the union mark on a product means is "that particular trade got more pay and their mistakes overlooked" then all it says to the person you're asking to respect your strike or buy union-made is that they're getting a product both shoddy and inferior--even if they themselves are union, you with that position have already declared yourself uninterested in broader politics and thus in having solidarity with them, and they themselves might agree with you and find no time or leeway to get political for you. And if handing work to scabs isn't going to impact the P/L...

Which brings things back to the decline of unions in the US, which dovetailed almost completely with purging the reds in favor of at first sometimes brutally effective if odious mobsters, and then later worms like the junior senator from California who were just angling for lateral career changes to HR once the mobsters had left enough grease on the public image.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

If Jackson Hinkle says it's Israel it's probably PIJ....

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Likewise, among Americans on the political left, those holding strong antisemitic attitudes were about twice as likely to support the use of force to restore the federal right to abortion, protect minority voting rights and prevent police brutality against minorities.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

um

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Highly antisemitic Americans are more than twice as likely to support political violence for goals associated with the left, such as restoring the federal right to abortion, preventing police brutality, and preserving voting rights for minorities.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

i'd appreciate if someone could show if the video of the massive explosion ever aired in western media after the idf claimed palestinians did it

even an msnbc reporter was questioning the absurdity at the beginning of the idf claims of the disparity between the damage and explosion and what hamas is capable of

Not very much but BBC Channel 4 did push back a bit

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1714775482283991172

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

The dinky crater does align with an Israeli airstrike as someone explained with diagrams the other day you don't want most of the blast to go downward since it's a waste of energy.

If you were the IDF and wanted to blow up a hospital carpark full of innocent people (aka a bunch of terrorists operating a rocket battery), you would use a cluster munition, especially if you wanted it to be deniable. Solid GP bombs are for buildings, light vehicles, or when you don't have anything better.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

tangy yet delightful posted:

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1714399005399011406

edit: lol that community note is new since I first saw the tweet, but of course poo poo like that is getting attached to anything critical of the narrative

This video also has the strike:
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1714984258358391057

lol the community note is "uhm ackshuwally it's called a suppressor and not a silencer try to do better mmmkay?"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What I'm getting from all this "mysterious explosion" at the hospital issue is that Israel should stop spending however tens (or hundreds) of thousands dollars per JDAM bomb and just load their planes with Hamas rocket fragments, they seem much more effective.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

RIP to a legend

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

If you were the IDF and wanted to blow up a hospital carpark full of innocent people (aka a bunch of terrorists operating a rocket battery), you would use a cluster munition, especially if you wanted it to be deniable. Solid GP bombs are for buildings, light vehicles, or when you don't have anything better.

Cluster munitions have dud rates that would leave evidence more readily. Air bursting your personal favorite flavor of high explosive ordinance works just fine for killing civilians on the grounds of a hospital.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I love that people can watch the video of the strike, listen to the sound and see the explosion, and be like "yup, that dinky crater is from the rocket"

The video of the strike also looks and sounds identical to other Israeli strikes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I really don’t understand why Israel would even go in on foot at all. You’ve already got the green light to snuff out an entire people with disease, thirst, starvation, and exposure, let alone artillery and bombings. Why bother putting infantry and tanks at risk? They’re really just that impatient to kill all Palestinians I guess.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The Oldest Man posted:

all their cluster munitions were sent to ukraine

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

I really don’t understand why Israel would even go in on foot at all. You’ve already got the green light to snuff out an entire people with disease, thirst, starvation, and exposure, let alone artillery and bombings. Why bother putting infantry and tanks at risk? They’re really just that impatient to kill all Palestinians I guess.

There’s a real bloodlust amongst the population right now that a slow starvation campaign isn’t going to sate

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

seems like this'll be the tack they take after a few high-profile executions to sate popular bloodlust

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah something like 70% of the israeli public wants a ground invasion based off a recent poll and of course the regime has been crowing about it constantly so like i said if they dont its a massive humiliation

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Chillgamesh posted:

it's because if they go in they're gonna get loving wiped. they know it, and everyone that matters does too. by not going in, they're proving to everyone that the raid on the 7th was just a preview of what's coming. if they do go in, they're gonna prove to everyone that what happened on the 7th is just a preview.

they're hosed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

VoicesCanBe posted:

The video of the strike also looks and sounds identical to other Israeli strikes

that’s what kills me—it’s such a transparent lie.

any layperson who actually sees the video of the strike can tell it is not an errant missile fragment or whatever.

but the gaslighting is the point.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

a ground invasion means casualties which the israeli populace does not tolerate

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Stringent posted:

it's because if they go in they're gonna get loving wiped. they know it, and everyone that matters does too. by not going in, they're proving to everyone that the raid on the 7th was just a preview of what's coming. if they do go in, they're gonna prove to everyone that what happened on the 7th is just a preview.

they're hosed.

IMHO they should poo poo or get off the genocide toilet

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Chillgamesh posted:

is it possible they are bombing at such a rate and intensity that they are running out of bombs?

people were saying the amount of bombs they've dropped is more bombs than dropped in other high intensity conflicts that took place over a year

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Chillgamesh posted:

Between the embarrassment of getting totally owned by Hamas two weeks ago, all the smartest commanders taken hostage or killed, and Likud being led by an old racist fart with failsons of his own, you end up with this panicked rage that israel is exhibiting.

They didnt just get tactically owned, but psychologically too. They spent decades autofellating by virtue of their natural superiority, only to get merked by paragliders with vastly inferior connections to big military money/goods. This is all just violent impotent rage.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mandoric posted:

It's also inherently self-destructive. If all the union mark on a product means is "that particular trade got more pay and their mistakes overlooked" then all it says to the person you're asking to respect your strike or buy union-made is that they're getting a product both shoddy and inferior--even if they themselves are union, you with that position have already declared yourself uninterested in broader politics and thus in having solidarity with them, and they themselves might agree with you and find no time or leeway to get political for you. And if handing work to scabs isn't going to impact the P/L...

Which brings things back to the decline of unions in the US, which dovetailed almost completely with purging the reds in favor of at first sometimes brutally effective if odious mobsters, and then later worms like the junior senator from California who were just angling for lateral career changes to HR once the mobsters had left enough grease on the public image.

It's gently caress you got mine that libs are happy to accept because they think everyone outside of the US is subhuman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s a real bloodlust amongst the population right now that a slow starvation campaign isn’t going to sate

It's not a slow starvation campaign when its a blockade on water too