Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rauros posted:

haha, don't put humans in charge of anything. instead of using existing facilities, let's construct a new building with CO2-releasing concrete with migrant workers flown in from different countries in a place that can't exist without air conditioning, so we can talk about how to fix the climate!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/oct/20/cop28-migrant-workers-uae-heat-climate-crisis

im not sure if i would consider the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change or the UAE innate to human nature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Dokapon Findom posted:

What's a UFB???

not much what's ufb with you

(probably "ultra loving bad" but swearing is banned on twitter)

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

corona familiar posted:

not much what's ufb with you

(probably "ultra loving bad" but swearing is banned on twitter)

Hahaha, for real?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I thought it was Un-loving Believable

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

no, he defined the first UFB event as "utterly freaking bonkers"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
ultimately fine basically

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Stereotype posted:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Usual For Burningman

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
It's 84 degrees right now in Tulsa. I'm breaking a sweat walking around in jeans

lmao

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Stereotype posted:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
"Um, fine, buttstuff"

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Urchin fry boil

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

:shuckyes:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
utterly hosed biosphere

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

unexpected forecast breakthrough

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
update; gently caress beaten

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
Unbelievably Fat Bottoms

soundsection
May 10, 2010
ultimately fantastic biosphere

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
"ur hosed" - bdelloid

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Unusual fluctuations, big

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Literally living in the Highlander II timeline

It's not a good movie

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

unidentified frying biosphere

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

unprecedented fires!!! boooo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
unfortunately frequent: boiling

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Undeterred, frogs boil

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

won't it take less energy to boil water in a warmer world? coal will require less energy to ignite. is anyone calculating the potential advantages of global warming? it might all offset....

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Upsetting forum? banned

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

ultra fellatio beam (parallel darpa project to the gay bomb)

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/20/louisiana-drinking-water-saltwater-wedge-plaquemines-parish

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

still got a while until if affects brad pitt's home though

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Hinkley acknowledged that the parish could endure similar extremes next year too, but denied the effects of the climate crisis in causing drought, despite the overwhelming scientific evidence.

“I can’t agree with 100% of climate change,” Hinkley said. “But things change and shift.”

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm willing to believe her analysis when she makes points like

The ultimate cause of all mass extinctions is disruption of the carbonate-silicate cycle (except maybe like one)

There's a bunch of causes that can trigger this disruption by adding or removing gigantic amounts of co2 or o2

There's double whammy modes of stacking the big bad cycle disruption with compounding major problems

This eventually fixes itself after like 100 million years, which is long as gently caress and probably we would want to not rely on that

So then we're obviously directly disrupting the cycle by burning ff & it's enough to cause a mass extinction

--

I figure the pattern holds well seems to add up and the vid is both about that fact and an explanation of it

We're absolutely doing a sick combo on top of it by inventing endocrine disrupting forever chems and all this other poo poo. It's gonna be a bad one.

There's probably not a way we can fully Venus the earth or even pull a great dying 2, unless there's insane levels of unforseen turbo chain reactions by revving up industrial society. If those numbers are right then even the Siberian traps couldn't pull a full venusian, so unless an even bigger crustal chunk shits itself it just means everything bigger than idk half a human will go extinct, not it's all over.

Also it seems like Venus is like that because it either doesn't have enough water & plate tectonics doesn't work and the entire surface flips inside out -- this cycle doesn't function on Venus, but which parts are the cause and which parts are the effect are unknown, which I thought was cool

burning coal and oil kills everything larger than a fist and the forever chemicals kills off anything smaller than a fist that relies on male/female reproduction and leaves the earth with nothing more than autogamic worms sucking on rocks

a genderless woke earth

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Hinkley acknowledged that the parish could endure similar extremes next year too, but denied the effects of the climate crisis in causing drought, despite the overwhelming scientific evidence.

“I can’t agree with 100% of climate change,” Hinkley said. “But things change and shift.”
I don't agree with climate change either. No thanks!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

fanfic insert posted:

burning coal and oil kills everything larger than a fist and the forever chemicals kills off anything smaller than a fist that relies on male/female reproduction and leaves the earth with nothing more than autogamic worms sucking on rocks

a genderless woke earth

This is the future liberals want

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fanfic insert posted:

a genderless woke earth

look at this chud equating gender and sex

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I would simply not live below sea level

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Lol it owns that we can send billions to Israel and Ukraine at the drop of a hat, but cleaning East Palestine or clean water for Jackson or healthcare is just too expensive.

Great country no notes :nfpa:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

skooma512 posted:

Lol it owns that we can send billions to Israel and Ukraine at the drop of a hat, but cleaning East Palestine or clean water for Jackson or healthcare is just too expensive.

Great country no notes :nfpa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZijLQGH1v0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
still good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYx20hYrGSI