Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It is time to restore GDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Never should of taken down that wall in Berlin :sad:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

here's an ~OSINT~ -like thread showing why/how israel's claim of PIJ blowing up the hospital is bs if anyone wants it

https://twitter.com/ForensicArchi/status/1715422493274427414

people are going to say it was an errant pij rocket that turned 180 degrees in the air then traveled directly to the hospital. considering testing this hypothesis in my group chat.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Al-Saqr posted:

also for reference it took israel six days to beat four arab countries, ten days to turn the 1973 war around in their favor, a week for them to each beirut in 1982 and four days for them to try and invade lebanon in 2006.

we are now two weeks into this, and israel cant step foot into gaza and have evacuated dozens of their cities and settlements.

israel is loving done. theyre loving cooked. their regime is gonna die a well deserved death. the jig is up for them.

i know it gets said a lot but

inshallah

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Buddykins posted:

I loving lust for the state of israel to be dismantled and erased from this loving earth

drat we have a lot in common let's be friends :3:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

their was a second rocket on the grassy knoll

Iverron
May 13, 2012

get his rear end

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

She's the only one with enough courage to call out the President directly

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1715415859114504403

quote:

People in Egypt’s Tahrir square in Cairo chanting for Nasrallah to strike Tel Aviv. That’s huge considering the suffocating political repression there and the politics of the last decade post-Arab Spring.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

here's an ~OSINT~ -like thread showing why/how israel's claim of PIJ blowing up the hospital is bs if anyone wants it

I personally appreciate having more evidence to bolster the case but the IDF muddied the water enough that it no longer matters. US media will continue running with the lie that it wasn't Israel.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RedQueen posted:

region chaos aside why is everyone so sure going into Gaza would be a unpalatable meat grinder for Israel when last time they killed thousands of Palestinians and only lost like 70 soldiers and 90% of the israeli population was still bloodthirsty and opposed any ceasefire

Also nearly every headquarters and unit responsible for Gaza got rolled up on Zero Hour, and except for the Paratroops, all of the Commando and Tier One teams Israel traditionally uses to backstop the reservists seem to have suffered severe losses in the first few hours of confused counterattacks.

Israel had a tactical system for dealing with Gaza, using technology and small numbers of high quality troops to do the heavy lifting while the air force and artillery provided the firepower, and the reservists just held ground and called for support.

I don’t know where that leaves them, but we can focus on one narrow area. The artillery is famously the least favoured arm of the IDF and gets the lowest quality conscripts and officers from each annual draft. It’s performed poorly historically, when not just blanketing civilian areas.

Now, the artillery in Southern Command lost the commander of their STA unit, not a good start. Nationally, up to 80% of their 300k shell war stores (nominally owned by the US) was given to Ukraine. They dipped into it last time when they went into Gaza and fired an estimated 35k shells. If that’s the case, they barely have enough shells to meet the demand of operations at 2014 levels, let alone clear the whole place block by block.

Their M109s are fine but they’ve severely reduced the size of their gun park since the 90’s. Culturally, they’ve had a bit of an identity crisis in the artillery arm, with several major resignations and reassignments in recent years. Their approach, which a formal inquest found failed in 2006, costing Israeli lives, and which led to resignations in recent years when promised reforms did not materialize, (as recently as this summer the CO of their Artillery School), was an overreliance on … STA (remember the relevent person assigned to Gaza is KIA).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol

https://x.com/growing_daniel/status/1715442982244282429?s=20

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1715412786615050548

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh my god it was just a little octopus plushie?

I'm reading here, it's called the Protoctopus of the Elders of Zion

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

If Tel Aviv gets leveled with missiles are the zionists crazy enough to nuke Tehran?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Crying at work

Just want this to end

my whole shrink sesh today was pretty much this and like, to what degree to i even want to "compartmentalize" and "manage" the despair of this? isn't bearing witness like the least i should be asked to do deontologically speaking?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Just start the war so I can be vaporized in a justified preemptive strike against the United States instead of having to go to work on Monday

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Leave the Bronx
Leave the Bronx
Leave the Bronx

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
pretty wild to see a reporter actually do their job and push back against disputed claims to their face
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1715052724952179075?s=20

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Leave the Bronx
Leave the Bronx
Leave the Bronx

also literally the first time in over a month his twitter account mentioned "the bronx"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

brother harlaaaahahahahaha

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Spaced God posted:

Just start the war so I can be vaporized in a justified preemptive strike against the United States instead of having to go to work on Monday

you’ll still have to go to work

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I think Cornel West is a very stupid person

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

wow now that I know hamas doesnt use sustainable materials

Isreal the state tweets like they are Ben Shabibo or Steven Crowder.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

picturing a rocket dancing madly like will smith in the world trade center gif

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Spaced God posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
as a jazzman, i listened

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Marenghi posted:

One of the biggest tech conferences in Europe has been blacklisted by top companies over its founder making the mildest criticism of Israel.

He said "warcrimes are still warcrimes when done by our allies". Even after retracting that and providing a groveling apology to Israel wasn't enough.
https://x.com/IrishTimesBiz/status/1715050198848942148?s=20

Thing is Paddy Cosgrave is an attention-seeking dipshit, who has said plenty of things in the past that got him a lot of well-deserved criticism, but the one time he actually voices a good opinion, he gets destroyed.

Israel cannot tolerate any criticism; surely the mark of a tolerant, modern, democratic state.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the magic rocket theory

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My emotions have been such that I have just been calmly thinking the absolute most focused intense incensed thoughts in one corner of my mind pretty much non-stop for thirteen days as a psychic pressure valve, so either President Joe Biden is going to have a stroke soon or I am

I believe in this power and am sending my bad vibes in the same direction, we will be the first internet forum to cause regime change via psychic feedback

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

if you're the guy with the very dangerous looking diy setup that im remembering, yes

1) Buy a old sodastream on craigslist for like $10 or whatever. Make sure they include a couple bottles. Throw away or recycle the soda steam canisters.

2)

3) Go to a welding supply outlet and buy a food-grade CO2 tank. 5,10, or 20lb are typical. I went with 20. Make sure they toss in a plastic washer for like 30 cents.

4) Borrow/buy/steal a 1-1/4" wrench to install.

5) Enjoy

20lbs of CO2 = ~1000 liters of seltzer. About $40 per refill

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the only other good swedish person other than greta thunberg comes out for palestine

https://twitter.com/kchimaev/status/1715399332042563640?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Hi, the president of the United States is a monster

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ringo Roadagain posted:

the magic rocket theory

[watches rocket disintegrate on video] It actually turned completely around.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Quds News Network posted:

UNRWA requests the evacuation of 6 of its schools based on the Israeli occupation threats to bombard it, thousands of displaced homeless families are taking shelter in these schools, their last refuge in Gaza.
(from t.me/QudsNen/83332, via tgsa)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

if you're the guy with the very dangerous looking diy setup that im remembering, yes

it didn't look that dangerous if you're not a baby

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Valleyant posted:

Hi, the monster is a monster

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Al-Saqr posted:

the only other good swedish person other than greta thunberg comes out for palestine

https://twitter.com/kchimaev/status/1715399332042563640?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Wait is Greta good now I thought she was just representative of the futile non-protesting most climate change people do while we hurtle towards certain collapse

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Hasnt been said in a while so

death to israel
death to america
death to nato

because bombing schools is a okay to all three of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Valleyant posted: