Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

yospos, mitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
in re flying to the wrong country, that might have been a joke started by an ad or something, but multiple people over the years have definitely flown to lil old sydney nova scotia over the years. it probably isn't helped that one is Sydney, NS, and the other is Sydney, NSW

FMguru posted:

new yospos namechange list just dropped

https://twitter.com/williamasclarke/status/1714978764935790764

tag urself

sorry im more safety while high vs safety on high

seek wisdom wood is what i call my dilz tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I read about a missing person case in the 70s where the man was supposed to fly home from Los Angeles to Oakland, California, but was last seen boarding an airplane to Auckland, New Zealand

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

I read about a missing person case in the 70s where the man was supposed to fly home from Los Angeles to Oakland, California, but was last seen boarding an airplane to Auckland, New Zealand

:rodtronics:

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Sagebrush posted:

Honestly with the kiwi accent I would be much more likely to believe it happening the other way around.

Edit: apparently it happened in 1985 but he realised mid flight as they passed Tahiti and Air NZ gave him a ride back.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

yospos, mitch

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rotor posted:

yospos, mitch

the goddamn generator wouldn't let me do text on android because the keyboard didn't pop up

e: gently caress it close enough

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 20, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

loooool

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

im Be-courteous Cole because im such a nice polite guy

?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

well now im Be-Curious

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

well now im Be-Curious

I just remembered that Apple was considering buying Be from Gassée for its potential new OS before they decided on NeXT lol

Edit: apparently Be got funding from Cray Research. Hunh.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

then got bought by Palm iirc

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

rotor posted:

then got bought by Palm iirc

solving the problem where palm had a really popular broadly used os and wanted to break into the "tech demo toy" market instead

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

He just decided to roll w it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Sagebrush posted:

it will never stop being crazy to me that airports used to be functionally identical to (or maybe even more lax than) a modern day bus station

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

it will never stop being crazy to me that airports used to be functionally identical to (or maybe even more lax than) a modern day bus station

its still this way outside the US and major airports.

waltz right up. flash a ticket. go up the stairs on the tarmac.

a lot of places. so long as your not trying to enter the US, are going to be pretty lax.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://x.com/d_feldman/status/1715272000816492572?s=20

Tag yourself, I'm Miilk.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I’m fear

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im the butger

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Much like yospos, this image has more eggs than usual

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
miilk is just the evil clone of milk

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

haveblue posted:

miilk is just the evil clone of milk

:ssh:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

eggs Eggs EGGS

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

PokeJoe posted:

eggs Eggs EGGS

egs

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

this was a plot point on full house too.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

if you wanna make a cake you gotta crack a few fears

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

oh i got plenty cake, dont you worry about that

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Corla Plankun posted:

I remember, as a kid, my parents would take me to hopkins we'd sit by a gate and pretend we were waiting for someone as the plane taxied in. it was prime free entertainment for little me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

1 (maybe?) out of 13ish isn't that bad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm fear

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Agile Vector posted:

I remember, as a kid, my parents would take me to hopkins we'd sit by a gate and pretend we were waiting for someone as the plane taxied in. it was prime free entertainment for little me

omg thats great and it just reminded me of how my granny could meet me as soon as i got off the plane when i was a little kid! airports used to be fun, death to america

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Corla Plankun posted:

airports used to be fun, death to america

:catstare:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

airports used to be fun, death to america

that's the same attitude that made airports suck in the first place

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

that's the same attitude that made airports suck in the first place

time to double down

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

omg thats great and it just reminded me of how my granny could meet me as soon as i got off the plane when i was a little kid! airports used to be fun, death to america

you can still do this, its called a 'gate pass,' its just a huge pain in the butt

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
i was stuck between two of the worst sets of lovely children on my flight back from my vacation last night (they only sprayed juice on the passenger next to me, and not on me, such luck!), and i never want to fly again

j/k im probably going to fly again next month, but for work, and to a place where no kids want to go in november

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

you can still do this, its called a 'gate pass,' its just a huge pain in the butt

i'm not familiar with that one, which words does it entitle me to use

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

EricBauman posted:

i was stuck between two of the worst sets of lovely children on my flight back from my vacation last night (they only sprayed juice on the passenger next to me, and not on me, such luck!), and i never want to fly again

j/k im probably going to fly again next month, but for work, and to a place where no kids want to go in november

my worst flight was 16 hours from mumbai to new jersey, with children in front, behind, and across the aisle from me