Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

McCloud posted:

Oh my god that's his version of Superman on a planet with a red sun

You got your planet blown up? Yeah i feel ya,i can’t afford a bugatti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roth posted:

They're a D&D poster

That's really more of a symptom

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Netflix Gonna Netflix

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/gamemaker-accuses-netflix-stealing-ideas-rebel-moon-franchise-1235603686/

The usual boilerplate reminder that you should not be giving money to Netflix anyway

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Only Kindness posted:

Netflix Gonna Netflix

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/gamemaker-accuses-netflix-stealing-ideas-rebel-moon-franchise-1235603686/

The usual boilerplate reminder that you should not be giving money to Netflix anyway

Oof THR dropping a Zach

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Necrothatcher posted:

Oof THR dropping a Zach

I can't believe Zach Snyder stole from Traitor Star like that

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
It should be noted, perhaps, that Snyder is not a defendant in the suit, it's Netflix and 10 other people that are currently unknown to the plaintiff (folk within Netflix to be named later, one would assume). Unless I've read it all wrong; I am not a, um, law... talkin'... guy.

It should definitely be noted, however, that the thread feeling that charging ahead and developing a wealth of extended media for a wholly-unproven IP cringe is generally a Bad Fuckin' Idea was prescient. I had heard about the vibeo gaem, and now there's this tabletop thing too? :yikes:

What's next, Rebel Moon: The Hula Hoop? You Know, For Kids?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rebel Moon the flamethrower

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Ahem, Rebel Moon The Flame Sword (not suitable for children under 3)

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Maybe they saw what happened with West End Games developing the entire Star Wars universe in the 80's before going bankrupt, and wanted to make sure they were fairly compensated.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Robot Style posted:

Maybe they saw what happened with West End Games developing the entire Star Wars universe in the 80's before going bankrupt, and wanted to make sure they were fairly compensated.
Yep

""Alien races and planets were not named or described, royal characters and their lineages were missing, and there was no clear storyline for how the Rebel Moon universe originated," states the lawsuit. "Netflix did not even deliver Plaintiff any official Rebel Moon trademarks or logos."

The gamemaker subsequently supplied "all the missing pieces and created a cohesive backstory" for the franchise in a "World Bible," which it handed over to Netflix. Where the script introduced a character as "Alien 1," for example, the company created its name, age and origin, among other things.

Snyder and multiple Netflix executives were "so enamored with the 228-page World Bible" that they indicated "substantial elements of it" would be incorporated into the franchise, including the film. The game was finished in May."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What’s the chain on his gun?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/BoundingComics/status/1715407934841126968?t=M973oHeWYxxqAeYXnBEWVA&s=19

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lmao, they're so angry.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
So, Bounding Into Comics is run by shitheads, is that the news?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some Catholic nutball.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

"Rebel Moon prequel comic by ultra-woke pro-transgender creator who threatened people with a bat," as if I needed to be sold even more on this movie. Sounds great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In case you don’t want to give some rage bait bigot the clicks, here’s the info on the creatives behind the rebel moon comic

quote:

In a press release, Titan Comics revealed the prequel series will be a “four-part comic series … written by Eisner-nominated Mags Visaggio with art by Clark Bint and colors from Francesco Segala.”

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Xealot posted:

"Rebel Moon prequel comic by ultra-woke pro-transgender creator who threatened people with a bat," as if I needed to be sold even more on this movie. Sounds great.

Big "don't threaten me with a good time" energy here.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

How dare Snyder hide his body-fascist hatred for trans people by siding with them!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chairman Capone posted:

How dare Snyder hide his body-fascist hatred for trans people by siding with them!

Googling it turns up a bunch of news sites I don't wanna click but maybe someone here already did and can say: What is even the big announcement here? I guess it's fun that assholes on TwiXer get mad and that apparently cool people get to work on a probably cool project, but is Snyder even involved? Like, did he pick out those murderous trans people because Netflix told him he got to have a prequel comic? That would be cool, but so far the only thing I'm getting is that people who are often mad for lovely reasons are mad now.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
That clickbait headline isn’t accurate at all. I’m not a comics creator, and I’d prefer to smack this nerd the old-fashioned way.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Googling it turns up a bunch of news sites I don't wanna click but maybe someone here already did and can say: What is even the big announcement here? I guess it's fun that assholes on TwiXer get mad and that apparently cool people get to work on a probably cool project, but is Snyder even involved? Like, did he pick out those murderous trans people because Netflix told him he got to have a prequel comic? That would be cool, but so far the only thing I'm getting is that people who are often mad for lovely reasons are mad now.

The big news is that it's a spinoff comic book of Rebel Moon featuring the Blood axe twins, and it's written by a trans woman. Said transwoman was picked by Zack, and by her own accounts, they hit it off pretty well. I guess some people are Big mad Zacks gone full woke, which isn't really news anymore because when aren't they mad about someone going woke

https://x.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1715456625094394165?s=20

https://x.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1715460115178848271?s=20

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hopefully Zack will continue this journey and become a cultural marxist. I will be there to welcome our new comrade.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Zack Snyder's Woke Nonsense, coming December 2023 to Netflix.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"what is this, some kind of rebel moon?"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Where did you learn to fight, ON A COMMUNE?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

posting their Ws

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

McCloud posted:

The big news is that it's a spinoff comic book of Rebel Moon featuring the Blood axe twins, and it's written by a trans woman. Said transwoman was picked by Zack, and by her own accounts, they hit it off pretty well. I guess some people are Big mad Zacks gone full woke, which isn't really news anymore because when aren't they mad about someone going woke

https://x.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1715456625094394165?s=20

https://x.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1715460115178848271?s=20

Apparently she has been working on it since March which is when she first met Zack. I looked up Vagrant Queen, which is a SyFy show she wrote that was apparently cancelled pretty early on and it looks alright.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I vaguely remember Vagrant Queen (though also realized I was blending it with Killjoys). That's about the extent of my memories. Though from what I recall it has an aesthetic and rough plot that seems like it could fit in with what's been shown of Rebel Moon.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Jimbot posted:

Hopefully Zack will continue this journey and become a cultural marxist. I will be there to welcome our new comrade.

he's waaaaaaay ahead of the curve on doing representation and uplifting for minorities

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

he's waaaaaaay ahead of the curve on doing representation and uplifting for minorities

Yeah, Snyder has been inclusive for a long time; he's just really casual about it instead of making it about himself.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
There's a gay couple on the ferry in Batman Vs Superman that, of course, WB cut out for the theatrical release. Disney would then go on to have their 'first gay character' five different times.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
Snyder signed this https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2023/10/24/6537583222601d5a628b456d.html - his status as a mildly left leaning but otherwise regular Hollywood lib confirmed.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Could be worse, but, oof.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The leftist contingent of snyder-heads are mad about it but it's such a nothing statement of a letter I have a hard time getting worked up over it. It blames Hamas, wants peace between Israel and Palestine and the focus is on the hostages. It's written to be as uncontroversial and neutral as possible.

Like, yeah, it would have been way better to just not sign the drat thing, but like Majkol said, he's ultimately a hollywood lib

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

McCloud posted:

Like, yeah, it would have been way better to just not sign the drat thing, but like Majkol said, he's ultimately a hollywood lib

It's the most unsurprising thing lol.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Having a bad take on Israel/Palestine (or not realising that being 'neutral' is itself a pretty bad take) is kind of understandable given a) how hard a particular narrative has been pushed for a really long time and b) that it does seem to be an issue that can ruin ones career.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Majkol posted:

regular Hollywood lib confirmed.
He’s said that himself a few times.

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Mr. Apollo posted:

He’s said that himself a few times.

Oh I know and I still love his films and Rebel Moon is my most anticipated film of the year ( in a year in which Ridley Scott puts out Napoleon and Scorsese Killers of the flower moon ) but I dont want to make excuses for him.
Theres a stark contrast with this for example https://www.artists4ceasefire.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
https://x.com/ZackSnyder/status/1721576544144154870?s=20

New trailer Sunday