Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Read After Burning posted:

I love Nabbit, but I am also a little freak that sickens people. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I have a Nabbit plush sitting on one of my audio speakers next to my record player.

Check this out (not my photo):

:yeshaha:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mario Wonder fun

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I've just bought the Minecraft Deluxe edition for the Switch and I'm having several issues with it. Only some of the DLCs are appearing, the skin packs are not showing, and the 1600 Minecoins are non-existent. I've just sent a ticket into the Nintendo eshop, what is the likelihood that they will respond?

This game was a pain in the arse to set up!

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Wonder's only flaw is that it won't let me play as Yoshi without being invincible. It's so goddamn charming.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

drat, I don't like red normally but that's really nice.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Inzombiac posted:

drat, I don't like red normally but that's really nice.

I love the Crystal Red everything. I have a GB Pocket, GB Color, GB DMG, Analogue Pocket, etc all in the Crystal Red. I almost bought a 2DS in it but the shoulder button was janky.
Oh whatever, Merry Christmas to me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Digging the hell out of Wonder. I'm just loving glad we're finally out of New SMB hell and they're taking chances with 2D Mario again.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I'm sad they didn't do another run of the crystal purple, I already have a Nitro Deck but would've double-dipped for the purple. Pink is a maybe.

Speaking of, Mario Wonder's been a fun way to put the Nitro Deck through its paces. Controls great.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Wonder rules

I remember seeing some griping from a pirated impression about there being fewer proper levels than expected, but I love all the side stuff and if the stage pattern of the first world extends to the entire game then I have zero complaints about its level of content

regarding controls, you can switch which buttons dash / jump in the settings, and though the game says R for badge abilities ZR also works, which is where my fingers naturally wants to rest

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

"Each of our devices register via the CRKD "True Collection System", a mobile app where digital proof of physical ownership is established."
wtf why?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Random Stranger posted:

Because I don't have any fine control that way. It makes holding one down continuously and making precise pushing of the other button very difficult.

If it works for you neat but...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Because I don't have any fine control that way. It makes holding one down continuously and making precise pushing of the other button very difficult.

yes, yes, i understand, very reasonable *sotto voce* didn't fuckin know spiders could post

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

:dafuq:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

you are a maniac

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I'm truly bad at platformers so I appreciate that Wonder is less about precision in favor of exploring all of the rad hidden stuff in each level. The strand elements are cool as hell too, it adds so much life. It's more compelling than Odyssey right off the bat imo

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Upsidads posted:

"Each of our devices register via the CRKD "True Collection System", a mobile app where digital proof of physical ownership is established."
wtf why?

so gamepad but also nft?
making me not want it here...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm still early on, only just finished World 2, but so far it feels like Wonder is in that same tier of SMB3 and World as far as 2D Mario platformers go. Such a strong step up from the NSMB blandness.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Every game should be trying to do what the second stage of Mario Wonder does

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

yes, yes, i understand, very reasonable *sotto voce* didn't fuckin know spiders could post

That's the PS5 thread. This one is elephants.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah actually I should make them Korean

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apparently Daisy got a new VA in Wonder as well:

https://twitter.com/GZFernVO/status/1715442836169183277

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I bought two vouchers, and used one for Wonder, which my kids are currently going nuts for.

Now I'm trying to decide between the following, in terms of what other game to use it on.

- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars (never played more than 30 minutes of the original though I enjoyed what I played, so virtually all of the content is brand new to me. I love the Shining Force games, if that helps)
- Pikmin 4 (I've loved all of the mainline Pikmin games so far, especially 3 despite it being much shorter than 2)
- nothing, and just wait on it.

I never played Super Mario RPG, but I loved the first two Paper Mario games. I'm curious if the remake is going to be worth using a voucher on it. Never played Mario vs DK, so I don't really have an interest in that.

Edit: if the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was part of the voucher deal, I wouldn't even be making this post. I realize that since they're not 1st party, they wouldn't be. Christ, I love those games.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 20, 2023

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Man I got like 5 stages in before I remembered I can play as Daisy

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
:siren:ALERT:siren:

They have "teetering at the edge of a platform" animations!!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Yeah? prove it
Take a dump in front of me. Post them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like teetering at the edge animations, but I also like when you can tap tap tap all the way up to the edge and your dude like Mega Man just stands up straight with exactly half a millimeter of one toe touching the platform. Even better if you are actually fully one pixel completely not touching anything.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What’s multiplayer online good for in SMW?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Steve Yun posted:

What’s multiplayer online good for in SMW?

People tend to sign post hidden blocks and place billboards in sections with bottomless pits or lava where you can save yourself

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I like that people are running back and forth/in little circles to point to secrets on the world map. I found a hidden pipe when someone got my attention this way and I had to pass it on with someone else after I got back out. :3:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I bought two vouchers, and used one for Wonder, which my kids are currently going nuts for.

Now I'm trying to decide between the following, in terms of what other game to use it on.

- Metroid Dread
- Advance Wars (never played more than 30 minutes of the original though I enjoyed what I played, so virtually all of the content is brand new to me. I love the Shining Force games, if that helps)
- Pikmin 4 (I've loved all of the mainline Pikmin games so far, especially 3 despite it being much shorter than 2)

I never played Super Mario RPG, but I loved the first two Paper Mario games. I'm curious if the remake is going to be worth using a voucher on it. Never played Mario vs DK, so I don't really have an interest in that.

Edit: if the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection was part of the voucher deal, I wouldn't even be making this post. I realize that since they're not 1st party, they wouldn't be. Christ, I love those games.

Dread, even with the expectations of the long history of its name, lives up to the hype. The original Mario RPG is an excellent charming game, and any issue I have with it (weird translation stuff, unclear descriptions and move timings) are sure to be fixed in the remake. Even though I don't expect that I'll personally like the Mario RPG remake as much as I loved Dread, I think you should go with it.

The only thing I'll outright compare of the two games is the music, and Mario RPG blows Dread out of the water.

eta- Mario vs. DK is a decent game, but no way would I spend the voucher on the remake. I doubt it will even be sold for 60 dollars. I hope it won't be -- it's a remake of a GBA game.

Andorra fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 21, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

People tend to sign post hidden blocks and place billboards in sections with bottomless pits or lava where you can save yourself

Hmm

Did Dark Souls games ever have a problem where American players would leave messages that were lies and Japanese players would fall for them

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Upsidads posted:

Yeah? prove it
Take a dump in front of me. Post them

https://twitter.com/BStinkplop/status/1715499602248622085?t=jl-fJDSpTqBCNyT4NanQEQ&s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendoes what Segalsodoes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
English players would leave messages in elden ring saying “Fort Night” referring to the game but Japanese players didn’t get the reference so they just went to enemy forts at night and were confused when nothing happened

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

- Metroid Dread

Advance Wars are very good strategy but dropping a voucher on it feels like a lot. Maybe if you never ever played them I guess, but still. I'd vote Dread or Pikmin 4. I'm still waiting to play the latter, but that was an insta-buy given how much I love the series. There's a very high chance I pick up 1+2 and make my switch a Pikmin machine as soon as I clear this back-log a little bit. Dread is very good as the previous poster said, it's a bit short though and if you're not huge into the genre, it could make a good physical/trade-in.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Go to Bulrush Express (first four star course) with an elephant powerup in reserve. Then, use your decades of video game experience to easily reach the final pipe. Drop your elephant powerup for the next player to use, allowing them to break through the blocks and reach the alternate exit. Easy 50 helper points and you just helped them unlock a new course

Edit: its a rad as hell course too

Where's the fricken wonder seed in Angry Spikes and Sinkin Pipes

Edit: found it! That was sneaky

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 21, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

hatty posted:

English players would leave messages in elden ring saying “Fort Night” referring to the game but Japanese players didn’t get the reference so they just went to enemy forts at night and were confused when nothing happened

I’m just glad “dog?” works in both languages

Looking over the online play guide it doesn’t look like there are immediately obvious ways to grief fellow players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I haven't gotten home to play yet but is Wonder good with a dpad?

I'm wondering my my 8bitdo pro2 is the way to go over the regular pro controller?