Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Schwarzwald posted:

I know I am alone in this but I always preferred homm2.

HoMM2 soundtrack is legit. There is a lot to love in 2, but the QoL improvements in 3 (even HotA/HD+ mod compared to modded fheroes) are hard to overlook. I'm just glad that all these years later there is still a massive & rich Heroes community :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The art style of the early Might and Magic and Heroes games are so killer. If I had the money I'd pay to make a new game in the same art styles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those of us that are Heroes of Might & Magic 3 fans https://store.steampowered.com/app/867210/Songs_of_Conquest/

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

What is going on with this like R rated Rayman on some anime show that's eating sushi off a cow lady and whatever
https://youtu.be/1cqWBOVszYo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

They waste way too much time before they get to the frog person

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah HOMM3 is better mechanically but HOMM2 is dear to my heart for the art style and ost

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Schwarzwald posted:

I know I am alone in this but I always preferred homm2.

I also hear you, and see you, and am writing down your information on this sheet of paper here, you are valued, please close your eyes and remain where you are

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite HoMM game is 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite HoMM game is 5.

I wish we could get a remaster of this one with all of the campaigns, DLC, and expansions in one client. Its weird that its spread out across multiple clients on Steam.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HoMM V was good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
HoMMstarRuNNer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Macaluso posted:

HoMMstarRuNNer

I have a couple friends who play Honkai Star Rail and this is all I think about when they say HSR

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Macaluso posted:

HoMMstarRuNNer

Games! Downloads! Emails!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yakuza:LaD was well liked, right? Moving away from Kiryu wasn’t a problem?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Everyone who had a problem with it got their rear end kicked, so yeah, consensus it was good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think the Genre shift was more controversial than the protag change.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bringing Kiryu back is the problem

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Man With No Name, But He Still Has A Name - Just Not His Regular One; Also No Matter What Happens You'll Know He'll Be OK Cause He's Alive In The Next One!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Yakuza:LaD was well liked, right? Moving away from Kiryu wasn’t a problem?

I adored it. I'm also one of those degenerates who likes it as an RPG more

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope by the time we get to Yakuza 50 we have ten playable characters all with their own unique fighting styles based on radically different genres.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh for fucks sake I didn’t realize mario wonder is out today. Time for the 7th or 8th cycle this year of dropping one GOTY candidate in progress to play the newest one. I’ve finished exactly one game this year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I hope by the time we get to Yakuza 50 we have ten playable characters all with their own unique fighting styles based on radically different genres.

First person shooter
Real time strategy
Walking simulator
Sidescrolling platformer
Dark Souls
Card battler

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Waffleman_ posted:

First person shooter
Real time strategy
Walking simulator
Sidescrolling platformer
Dark Souls
Card battler

Dating sim

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Yakuza 15: Organized Crime Tycoon is something I'd play

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

First person shooter
Real time strategy
Walking simulator
Sidescrolling platformer
Dark Souls
Card battler

Ace Combat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Peggle
Kirby Super Star Stacker
Puzzle and Dragons
Baba is You
Pipe Dreams

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Elite Beat Agents combat like Sonic Chronicles

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love Yakuza so much, I can't imagine not playing one no matter what the genre.

Waffleman_ posted:

Card battler

I love Yakuza so much, I can't imagine not playing one almost no matter what the genre.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

hatty posted:

Elite Beat Agents combat like Sonic Chronicles

Cool Groove Yakuzas

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I love Yakuza so much, I can't imagine not playing one almost no matter what the genre.

MOBA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gamedevdotcom/status/1715459729944617097?s=20

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
so wrong, gay bowser

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah invite bullshit into your life, Doug. Just stare life right in the face and say "hahaha I'm absolutely braindead" and see what happens, it owns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's like how Amazon workers are too happy to unionize all they wanna do is draw smoly faces on boxes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit I initially read that as "Nintendo America (the corporation) is (only) too happy (for its workers) to unionize" I should have known better :sigh:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I support the koopa troopers in their efforts to unionize, bower might say he's pro union but I'll believe that lizard when I see him sitting down to negotiate

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/yAaXj6o.mp4

:darksouls:

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
More Skyrim Dad Adventures:

* At some point he rolled up to a fort filled with wizards and tried to fight his way through. Things were going good until he hit a brick wall at the end in a room he described as, basically, "full of wizards". He keeps dying against them and wasn't sure if he'd have to give up and try again later - will check in with him and update you all on the outcome at earliest opportunity.

* At one point he called me up in a panic because his character was suddenly moving at the speed of sloth for no apparent reason. Much desperate flailing ensured as we tried to debug the issue and after nearly re-binding his run key by accident it became apparent that he'd fat-fingered Caps Lock and was stuck in Walk Mode.

* Currently on his way to meet the Graybeards but having a little trouble finding his way to the temple since "you can't just walk right up to it" (RE: up a mountain - I don't think he's bought a horse yet). I pointed him in the direction of Riften which should hopefully put him on or at least near the right path. It might take a while since, again, I don't think he's bought a horse yet.

* Still having problems with his inventory filling with junk. He knows about real-estate but can't buy anything yet since he's still poor as poo poo. He asked me if there was any place he could sell all his stuff because he can't find a merchant who will just buy everything straight-up from him. I encouraged him to try selling off, or possibly just dumping all together, any random crap he might be storing up but he seemed really reluctant to do that. "Well what if I'm smithing something and this super-duper ultra-weapon needs an Enbalming Tool to craft? What if I'm bleeding out and I need to use these Linen Wraps as a bandage!" Which, well, I guess there is a certain logic to that and its not like video games haven't done all sorts of wacky, punitive and incredibly specific nonsense before. Mostly in the era before Skyrim came out, but still.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

install one of the mods that lets him have a lil backpack that adds like +50lb carry weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

install one of the sex mods but don't tell him