Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This Chris Coons guy seems like an idiot

quote:

For Sen. Chris Coons, one of President Joe Biden’s closest allies in Washington, the president’s wartime mission to the Middle East and Republican dysfunction in Washington — all of it happening at the same time — offered the starkest of split-screens. In an interview with POLITICO Magazine, Coons was emphatic that Biden’s lightning-fast trip to Israel was not about the 2024 election. But in the same breath, Coons laid out in lavish detail just how telling it was that while Biden was in Tel Aviv assuring the Israelis that America had their backs, the GOP was literally falling apart on Capitol Hill.

“The contrast with Republicans could not be sharper,” Coons (D-Del.), a co-chair of Biden’s re-election campaign, said Wednesday. He then rattled off a well-honed critique of GOP disarray: how a paralyzed House of Representatives can no longer function on critical issues like aid to Israel and Ukraine; how former President Donald Trump’s comments praising Hezbollah as “very smart” and criticizing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just hours after the deaths of more than 1,400 Israelis were strongly denounced by presidential contenders former Vice President Mike Pence and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and other Republicans; and how American voters will come to realize, at such a dangerous moment, they can’t afford an “erratic” president “who’s a disruptor.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...20and%202024%3F

Biden is going to lose 2024 so badly if he's running on this slaughterhouse of a war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
make lemons from lemonade; if brown moses is a permanent fixture just use people's reaction to him as an acid test

Atrocious Joe posted:

Biden is going to lose 2024 so badly if he's running on this slaughterhouse of a war
Not that anyone cares but I believe that prior to Ukraine, and perhaps even still prior to the current genocide, if you had told me I was going to cast the vote that decided Trump v Biden in 2024 I would have really bit my tongue, held my nose, scribbled down "Joe", and then drank myself into oblivion

after this poo poo? Nah I would just scrawl "gently caress YOU" on the paper and then go snort ketamine until my kidneys fail

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Oct 21, 2023

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/Apex_WW/status/1715523704640155898

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

make lemons from lemonade; if brown moses is a permanent fixture just use people's reaction to him as an acid test

Brown noses the intelligence complex - coz he has none

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Atrocious Joe posted:

he was going to lose to trump either way

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

Nichael posted:

Thank you, this is helpful.

Everybody indeed knows poo poo's hosed

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

as a foreign country how do you interface at all with the united states at all? our foreign policy bounces around wildly every couple of years and you cannot trust the things that our chief executive says, does, or promises because they will be walked back or altered or ignored entirely by the machinery that is actually operating everything?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Atrocious Joe posted:

the problem is that the absolute second anyone asks Trump what he thinks of the war he’s going to say that if he’s elected we’ll immediately invade Iran and Jordan

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Dommolus Magnus posted:

People make fun of the fact that it was called the "anti-fascist defense wall", but events since its fall have proven that this designation was completely accurate.

don’t you understand? it wasn’t to keep the fascists out, it was to keep them in!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

celadon posted:

as a foreign country how do you interface at all with the united states at all? our foreign policy bounces around wildly every couple of years and you cannot trust the things that our chief executive says, does, or promises because they will be walked back or altered or ignored entirely by the machinery that is actually operating everything?

1. sell out your people to whatever the us wants that day
2. make bank

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
what if the current admin manages to get us embroiled in an unwinnable quagmire of a ground war and then gets wiped out in the 2024 election?

I'm trying to understand the chaos that would result if Trump assumed control of a white house that was actively involved in a ground war in the ME while also funding a ground war in eastern Europe

I can't believe it's a race between these two aged fucks again, what a loving joke

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Comrade Koba posted:

lol, genocide denying piece of poo poo pigfucker brown noses was in sweden today to receive an award for journalistic integrity and got a free blowjob from a major newspaper

https://www.gp.se/kultur/kultur/eliot-higgins-jagar-putin-nu-prisas-han-i-g%F6teborg-1.113213520
(swedish only)

he specifically mentions “proving” that it couldn’t have been israel that bombed the hospital

got this idea if anyone's interested, where he is banned and then pushed down a hill

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Biden’s Allies Say the Quiet Part Out Loud: This War Could Be His 2024 Reset

The Biden team appears to be betting that the new war between Israelis and Palestinians could be a kind of tipping point — the president prefers the term “inflection point” — that changes the political calculus at home.

and Ukraine? whats that now?

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

4d3d3d posted:

ever just sit down and say "...gently caress..."

yeah like hourly

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Luceid posted:

got this idea if anyone's interested, where he is banned and then pushed down a hill

can there be a dunking, as well? Like a proper medieval dunking, not county carny booth poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this sucks

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

:lol:

https://x.com/ComradeLamb/status/1715119949495046397?s=20

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
may that rescued kitten grow fat off the idf

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

The Biden team appears to be betting that the new war between Israelis and Palestinians could be a kind of tipping point — the president prefers the term “inflection point” — that changes the political calculus at home.

I had to go find it to see if it was real

quote:

“Foreign policy is never a big issue unless there’s boots on the ground,” says Elaine Kamarck, expert on American electoral politics at Brookings and a former senior aide to former Vice President Al Gore. “But what may help change the narrative now is frankly the juxtaposition of the two parties at this point. One party that is completely unable to govern and another party with a president who knows what he’s doing and traveling around the world to get stuff done.”

The biggest question is: What stuff? How Biden handles these crises over the next 12 months or so could make a significant difference in the election, some political experts say.
lol

quote:

“If it looks like he’s being pulled into a vortex, it’s going to be disastrous for him. But if he performs well on the world stage, then people may forget about the bumbling in Afghanistan and want to stick with his leadership,” says Sidney Milkis, a scholar of the presidency at the University of Virginia. This could prove especially true of independent voters who are undecided, such as suburban women, he said.
gee i wonder which way it's gonna go

e: also lol at the implication the average American voter remembers Afghanistan

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I wonder if those suburban women have figured out that their votes don't matter at all

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/nodutdol/status/1715381971667255677

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Palestine has a right to resist occupation.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
I made a steak for dinner and got a little drunk on a bottle of cheap merlot and now I'm sitting here full of self loathing knowing hundreds of thousands of kids are hungry and wondering if a bomb will put them out of their misery while they sleep

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm trying to understand the chaos that would result if Trump assumed control of a white house that was actively involved in a ground war in the ME while also funding a ground war in eastern Europe

whoever's prez in 2024 is going to be the figurehead for the u.s. prostrating itself before iran and china and russia as a docile lapdog of the new new world order. I really see the role of sniveling toady being something the corpse of biden would be better suited for than the corpse of trump

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
President Joe Propaganda Mummy

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Trump did famously encourage two wars to start during his reign so I can see why people would be worried about him getting elected again. I am so glad everyone voted correctly in the Most Important Election of Our Lives so that abortion was protected, the MIC wasn't massively increased, US weapons weren't shipped out abroad, we made peace with our enemies to avoid future wars, American diplomacy became so much more softer and more nuanced, since it was so important to save the US postal system DeJoy was removed as postmaster general, student loan forgiveness could be passed, the economy was saved, we all got the remaining covid relief funds, covid vaccine boosters were funded to become a regular part of our lives, police brutality was reigned in, border patrol putting kids in cages was stopped, etc etc just so much important stuff that could've gone horribly!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OctaMurk posted:

is it really a reset if it just continues your decline to historic unpopularity levels

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Palestine has a right to resist occupation.

That's right.

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

MLK Ultra posted:

yeah like hourly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYw2vRJkrQ

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

celadon posted:

You simply don't trust the US. Everything the US does foreign policy wise is to further their own interests, it's never genuinely diplomatic or altruistic even though they love to pretend otherwise.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I had to go find it to see if it was real

lol

gee i wonder which way it's gonna go

e: also lol at the implication the average American voter remembers Afghanistan

bidens election bid: watch this drive

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only nation that the US will sometimes throw a sliver of a bone to is england and thats because they've made themselves slaves of the empire

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1715487116845601024

https://twitter.com/PeoplesForumNYC/status/1715427742252929462

Pomeroy has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Oct 21, 2023

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US doesn't have a working Congress and the Executive is headed up by a senile lich.

Weird time for it to provoke a war by doing a genocide, but let's see how it works out for them.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Personally I feel that there is a distinction between "Israel prevents Gaza from having fresh water" and "Israel deliberately poisons Gaza drinking water" that isn't just pedantic. The latter extremely strongly implies somewhere between "has industrial contaminants they deliberately dump" and "deliberately acquires poison for the purpose" which is very very different from being huge shitheads on the logistics and infrastructure level.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Of like 500ish elected at the federal level politicians there are like 1 or 2 that don't support Israel? Are there any others that even support a ceasefire? Thank god we've got a democracy to really represent the will of the people. It's scary how Republican gerrymandering can disrupt our representative democracy but if we all donate enough space president Abrams can fix that so it'll be perfect.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation

FuzzySlippers posted:

Of like 500ish elected at the federal level politicians there are like 1 or 2 that don't support Israel? Are there any others that even support a ceasefire? Thank god we've got a democracy to really represent the will of the people. It's scary how Republican gerrymandering can disrupt our representative democracy but if we all donate enough space president Abrams can fix that so it'll be perfect.

some more congresspeople are for the ceasefire, but none of the white ones

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

FuzzySlippers posted:

Trump did famously encourage two wars to start during his reign so I can see why people would be worried about him getting elected again. I am so glad everyone voted correctly in the Most Important Election of Our Lives so that abortion was protected, the MIC wasn't massively increased, US weapons weren't shipped out abroad, we made peace with our enemies to avoid future wars, American diplomacy became so much more softer and more nuanced, since it was so important to save the US postal system DeJoy was removed as postmaster general, student loan forgiveness could be passed, the economy was saved, we all got the remaining covid relief funds, covid vaccine boosters were funded to become a regular part of our lives, police brutality was reigned in, border patrol putting kids in cages was stopped, etc etc just so much important stuff that could've gone horribly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

FuzzySlippers posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP you loving worthless liberal quisling dog