Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm not overly bothered by people not immediately crowning the Lions in a road game against Lamar Jackson, who is, I will remind you, Lamar loving Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kaleb Williams is going to backup Justin until he's 26 and you're all going to be like "drat, another fuckign mobile Chicago QB? How is Ben Johnson going to gently caress up the NFCCG this year?"
And then I'm going to have to learn a bunch of other fake nonsense stats that didn't ever come up before but now are somehow super relevant. Like "air yards" or "time to throw". It's fantasy football phrenology because you just can't tell me how dumb you think these black qbs are, but hey now you can launder it through the S1 or whatever.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Is there a joke I’m not getting by misspelling his name?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Abugadu posted:

which team do you want caleb williams to go to in three years

Bill Belichick's New York Giants

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

GNU Order posted:

Bill Belichick's New York Giants

The undefeated Calgary Roughriders, who have to shuttle him from safe house to safe house between games to keep the Bears from kidnapping him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1715388075415617763

Time to justify that 12OA, buddy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HogeAndJahns/status/1715371864225091836

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

gahaha

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Perfect

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1715412530716160369?s=46&t=m5J1AHu-B_BCiHxU6acSoQ
Probably time to look for a new strength and conditioning coach. Packers lost to the drat bye week!

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pops Mgee posted:

https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1715412530716160369?s=46&t=m5J1AHu-B_BCiHxU6acSoQ
Probably time to look for a new strength and conditioning coach. Packers lost to the drat bye week!

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1715442460208304380

Not ideal after a bye.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

:perfect:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://x.com/DaveSwerski/status/1715119842221838739?s=20

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Pops Mgee posted:

They're just attacking rest. It's exactly what you hope to see

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
looks like the Lions are getting Gibbs, Branch and Pascal back.

Sounds like Gibbs will be full go but the other two might be limited in snaps.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1715488716729299377

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Rob Johnson won a super bowl that year! what the heck!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Burris vs TB that one time

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Tebow vs Hanie

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Tebow vs Hanie

:barf:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

In my mind, Brian Hoyer has been in the league since Dubya was in office. I know that's wrong but I can't shake it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It is amazing how many poo poo games I've watched over the years that like my brain thankfully just erases all memories of.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I remember this one vividly

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

How dare you! We don't have it bad enough watching this team, you bring that up?!?!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

HootTheOwl posted:

Kaleb Williams is going to backup Justin until he's 26 and you're all going to be like "drat, another fuckign mobile Chicago QB? How is Ben Johnson going to gently caress up the NFCCG this year?"
And then I'm going to have to learn a bunch of other fake nonsense stats that didn't ever come up before but now are somehow super relevant. Like "air yards" or "time to throw". It's fantasy football phrenology because you just can't tell me how dumb you think these black qbs are, but hey now you can launder it through the S1 or whatever.

It's passing yds/pocket time utilized(s)(PYPTUS). It's the new QBR.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

In my mind, Brian Hoyer has been in the league since Dubya was in office. I know that's wrong but I can't shake it.

Technically speaking you're only a few months off, he was a UDFA in 2009.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sataere posted:

How dare you! We don't have it bad enough watching this team, you bring that up?!?!

Hang on you people are actually watching this stuff?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

C-Euro posted:

Nearly though. I started college in 2008 and remember chanting Brian Hoyer in the student section at MSU games during his senior year

I also learned today his full name is Alex Edward Brian Hoyer, and that he has started for 7 different NFL teams which is the second most in league history

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

I watch every snap. I try to watch every snap of every football game, but probably only hover around 75%

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Now that I understand football a lot better I like to watch it a lot, but only what’s available on YouTubetv without paying for extras

So basically whatever the 1p 4p 8p games are (favouring Lions and then whichever one I think will be a challenge for the lions later) and then I was mnf and tnf

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Parallelwoody posted:

I snap in a big bed with my wife.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Parallelwoody posted:

I snaped in a big bed with my wife.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

I sometimes forget that Chad Henne and Caleb Hanie are different people

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The news said Hoyer hasn't had a win since 2016 when he was with the bears?!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

GNU Order posted:

no matter how bad i will watch my team play.

since i started watching football i've missed 2 lions games, and i remember exactly where i was at for each. one was out hunting, the other was working on preparing the finishing touches on my capstone project back in college, over a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no matter how bad i will watch my team play.

I was only kidding, I obviously also watch this crap every week. Hell I'm a true pervert I go to games. I was at Bears/Broncos this year and I'm going to LA to watch Bears/Chargers with forums superstar SA2K