Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
I like the touch of the lib drinking a cocktail and the common sense middle american having a humble mug of beer.

idontpost69 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That looks like wine, but the point stands.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Amateurs/Professionals

Ted Rall posted:

After Hamas fighters brutally murdered hundreds of Israelis in a raid, and took many others hostage, Israel escalated the situation by tightening its 15-year-long blockade of the impoverished Gaza Strip by depriving its 2.3 million people of water, food, medical supplies and everything else. According to international law, collective punishment is considered a violation of international law like the Geneva Conventions. Israel’s blockade has been defined as collective punishment by the Red Cross and the United Nations.

First Dog on the Moon: What is making you feel bewildered? What is going on?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
lol "The Hugs U Give"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Spotted on facebook, it's an edit of piece of poo poo Leak, but I like it.

For context, after the voice referendum failed to pass in Australia some First Nations players have chosen not to sing the national anthem and the worst pieces of poo poo have had the reaction you would expect from them. :australia:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can’t believe Trump is the giant rat that makes all of the rules.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Wow is Stiglich mad that Biden loves his son?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Pants Donkey posted:

I can’t believe Trump is the giant rat that makes all of the rules.

Now Ron DeSantis gets to be the giant rat, cool surprise

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Microplastics posted:

Got a little game for you all.

I extracted every "Worst Caricature" nomination of the year so far, stripped the caricatures in question of context, and present them to you now as a quiz.

Who can you name? 32 points to be had!

:yeeclaw:
that was awesome and you did a cool and good thing, thank you
(6 points)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the information war – The BBC has received 1,500 complaints over its coverage of the Israel-Hamas war – split 50-50 from each side"

Telegraph:

Biden tells Israel: Don’t repeat our mistakes after 9/11

Independent:

Times:

King laments ‘international turmoil and heartbreaking loss of life’

Evening Standard:

England must believe and impose ourselves on South Africa, insists Maro Itoje in Rugby World Cup rallying cry; Storm Babet to hit England after woman swept into river dies in Scotland

Stephen Collins:

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

always skip collins

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*bites you on the arse*

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kchama posted:

Wow is Stiglich mad that Biden loves his son?

A lot of conservative commentators are weirded out by the fact that the Bidens love each other unconditionally, as a father and son who have been through poo poo will tend to, and try to insist it's either incestuous or coded language.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Even Dracula and Frankenstein’s Monster are metaphors, and the Xenomorph’s design was based on themes of sexual violence (and you know, the whole chestburster deal), so it’s not like this is some recent development. But maybe Collins is referring to corny old B-Movie monsters.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pants Donkey posted:

Even Dracula and Frankenstein’s Monster are metaphors, and the Xenomorph’s design was based on themes of sexual violence (and you know, the whole chestburster deal), so it’s not like this is some recent development. But maybe Collins is referring to corny old B-Movie monsters.

I know, I'm also a basic B-itch

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
corny old b-movie monsters still function as metaphors, it just so happens that...is this skibidi toilet specifically? is a metaphor for 'what if i sit down on the toilet and it's unpleasant', a fear that many children have

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ungulateman posted:

corny old b-movie monsters still function as metaphors, it just so happens that...is this skibidi toilet specifically? is a metaphor for 'what if i sit down on the toilet and it's unpleasant', a fear that many children have
I thought it was parodying Dreamcatcher.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

JOE BIDEN, THE LYING, FLYING CARPET
Cartoon published 10/20/2023

Joe Biden’s trip to Israel has been lauded by the left, but to me it was nothing more than a publicity stunt designed to prop up his failing campaign for a second term.

During his visit, he displayed his usual confusion and befuddled babbling. He got snubbed by Arab leaders while he insulted Israel by saying Hamas needed to become ‘better shots.’ He also called them a ‘team,’ as if the conflict were a sporting event. Then, for some reason, Biden said he was born in Israel. I don’t know where that came from, but I’m surprised he didn’t say his son Beau died in Gaza. (He has repeatedly said Beaux died in Iraq when everyone knows he died in Maryland). What’s next? Will Joe proclaim that his house was bombed by terrorists?

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

In his speech, Biden reiterated the need to toss away endless billions of dollars toward a losing war in Ukraine. He said Russia would trigger a world war should they annex the Baltic countries. Those countries were once under the Russian sphere until NATO conquered them. NATO has been very aggressive in converting countries right on Russia’s doorstep. NATO is a Cold War relic that should have been dissolved once the old Soviet Union collapse. Instead they continue to do the bidding of the usual people who want control over the entire globe. Putin is in their way. Biden himself said he was not a nationalist, but instead a globalist—just like Obama. They do not believe in America first and that’s why Biden leaves our border wide open even as he attempts to protect the borders of Ukraine and Israel.

Fight Back Against Censorship with a small Donation! Support Cartoons and Save America

Biden also wants to shovel many millions of dollars into the pockets of Hamas. Sure, he says it’s for the suffering Palestinians, but we all know they support the elimination of Israel—just like Hamas. Biden is doing this while a great many Americans are still being held hostage by Hamas. This makes no sense, but it’s consistent with Biden’s numbskullery. Biden and Obama both sent billions of dollars to Iran in exchange for American hostages who were being held there. Biden’s foreign policy is as incoherent as the monologue he made on his return trip on Air Force One.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas, yet Biden is delivering the Persian theocracy even more billions of dollars on a silver platter. (Or on a magic carpet). Iran must marvel at the tremendous weakness exhibited by Sleepy Joe. His incompetence will only encourage Iran to escalate their war against Israel, which seems to be exactly what Joe’s globalist masters seem to want.

— Ben Garrison
Is the rant eligible for a nomination for Most Opposite of Reality?
Also yeah, Beau died in Maryland but it was likely the burn pits in Iraq that killed him. If you shoot someone in one state and he dies of his wounds across the state line, the murder took place in the state that the shooting did.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ungulateman posted:

In Norway we have "Dodraugen" (the toilet draugr), a monster that pulls you down into the sewer. It's based on the Draugr myths.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Five memorable Sydney Opera House moments on its 50th anniversary (ABC). The "No War" graffiti was a protest against the Iraq War.

Rowe:

Lethbridge:

Fallout from the referendum: Queensland treaty appears doomed as Annastacia Palaszczuk makes it contingent on LNP support (Guardian) "Path to Treaty laws passed with bipartisan support five months ago would be ripped up by an LNP government, opposition leader says". Queensland was the state with the highest No vote at 69%.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leunig:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I might hate Leunig most of all the politoonists this thread has ever had.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

:same:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
asay

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Discendo Vox posted:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Discendo Vox posted:

Ditto, except remove the "might". I don't even know why. He's not objectively the worst, he's just somehow the most annoying.

Clay Bennett

The prospect of Donald Trump going to prison is terrifying. A bad cartoon.

Lisa Benson

I realize that I absolutely do not have to hand it to Lisa Benson, but...

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Carlos Latuff

Drew Sheneman

David Horsey

Ward Sutton

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Alhazred posted:

In Norway we have "Dodraugen" (the toilet draugr), a monster that pulls you down into the sewer. It's based on the Draugr myths.

Huh, when I was a kid in 4H, one of our traditions was a sleepover in the fairgrounds, and one of the urban legends we'd try to peddle was the monster clown in the porta-potties.
The clown wasn't Pennywise.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really love all the "Hamas uses human shields!" takes that carry the implication that it's therefore OK to kill the human shields.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Love this one. I support you rear end biting green toilet worm.

I know the body horror flesh monster is from Society (great pull), but I don't recognize the others, can't tell if that's because they're made up for the comic or if it's because my knowledge of horror movies isn't deep enough.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Discendo Vox posted:

He's pathetic and annoying, but Ted Rall still manages to piss me off on a deeper level, far more than any of the obvious right wing hacks or sad olds like Leunig.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
Leunig may be the actual worst person of the bunch, what with the sister molesting

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1715535873347895310?t=Uybph9masrrCfQaePEL9-A&s=19

Not a new one, but yeah, Kelly reminding us once again that he has his finger on the pulse of the nation.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fister Roboto posted:

I really love all the "Hamas uses human shields!" takes that carry the implication that it's therefore OK to kill the human shields.
You'd think Hamas would stop using human shields given Israel never hesitates to blow them up, too. 0% success rate yet they keep doing it!
Definitely not just a thing where they drop bombs where they feel like it and blame human shield takers after the fact.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know the body horror flesh monster is from Society (great pull), but I don't recognize the others, can't tell if that's because they're made up for the comic or if it's because my knowledge of horror movies isn't deep enough.
I'd think Peter, the bereavement metaphor, is most closely matched by The Babadook.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

gently caress off Payne, you absolute hack. Go back to not understanding Michigan politics and drawing dumb looking cars

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don’t think they’re necessarily supposed to be references, but Peter is basically the Babadook*.

“Bloody woman representing intergenerational trauma” is common enough it might as well be a subgenre, so it’s not worth trying.

*BABA BABA DOOK DOOK DOOK

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I forgot they invented gag orders just for Trump and those were never a thing before.
Ah my very favorite genre
"That thing I'm pretending that your side is doing?? If you think about it, it's metaphorically almost as bad as the thing my side literally did!"

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Today's New Yorker cartoon is political.

“All of this partisan infighting is stalling our agenda.”

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib posted:

Ah my very favorite genre
"That thing I'm pretending that your side is doing?? If you think about it, it's metaphorically almost as bad as the thing my side literally did!"
"...and it wasn't bad when my side did it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Carlos Latuff

Hmm..I dont reall Latuff doing a similar cartoon about the Ukraine-Russia war.