Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

woah, hitler and a grand wizard????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ah poo poo, i forgot to save all my hitler quotes

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://www.newsweek.com/macklemores-antisemitism-accusations-resurface-after-hamas-statement-1836389

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

The current conflict has really showed me how strongly libs have embraced gangstalking via "disinfo"

It's not even just a Russian plot anymore, the whole world is now out to get them. All news that is contrary to their chosen line of thinking is "state run propaganda outlets" or coming from Russian / Chinese / Iranian / Venezuelan bot farms

America and Israel are just too moral and / or under resourced to counter the armies of disinfo bots that are forcing me to see articles that make me feel bad!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rubellavator posted:

Never heard of kraken as being associated with jews or neonazis before today. Still kinda confused about it cause if you google it the closest thing you'll get is that there's a Kraken Regiment in the Azov battalion, but that seems backwards cause the image that person complaining used is caricature of a jew as an octopus, like if I was a nazi I would not name my unit after one of the antisemitic caricatures of jewish people that we had created

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

0 rows returned posted:

wasnt there some whistleblower or something a couple of years ago that said they used the wrong metal for every ship hull so everything was falling apart

a steel supplier that was used for something like 30% of the US's submarine fleet was found to have been faking their strength tests.

someone posted about it in the WW3 thread but i can't find it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist got a month for this...

ComradePeach
Sep 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish the PRC had taken a slightly active role in this crisis, although I can understand how it's not their style to antagonize a genocidal right wing rogue nuclear state

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice cat!!

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Love how 'committing such outrageous crimes they are too much even for the average racist' is weaponised into 'Israel stands against racism'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hamas statement lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

bashosanchez posted:

Seems cool, twitter just randomly unfollowing wrongthink accounts

https://twitter.com/taraxrh/status/1715080118983356573

Yup, even checking my following list and they're not showing up.

Really fantastic that Israel is murdering the family members of our elected representatives.
Biden, by backing Israel unconditionally, is a literal American traitor lol

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
I realize it's Israels plan to stoke anti semitism but it really feels like it's going to turbo backfire. Kind of like Bibi funding hamas

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ComradePeach posted:

I wish the PRC had taken a slightly active role in this crisis, although I can understand how it's not their style to antagonize a genocidal right wing rogue nuclear state

they basically never throw their weight around. it's disappointing but i guess they feel like they have to present themselves as always respecting international consensus. i've heard they've proposed ceasefires and put diplomatic pressure on israel behind the scenes but idk

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

If only Greta was sporting this octopus

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

(me, yelling over aircraft turbines at full blast)

"Send aid to Gaza? Yes, we should definitely raid Gaza!"

ComradePeach
Sep 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/KeithRuscitti/status/1712979483693551714
https://twitter.com/KeithRuscitti/status/1711989280870941004

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

I always knew that destalinization was when Russia turned towards antisemitism...

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Death By The Blues posted:

Houthis again shot missiles and drones at Israel and where intercepted

https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1715534985803788679

Im going to laugh my balls off if they can get a destroyer to just expend all it's interceptors on poo poo rear end drones. They only have < 90 of those longer range SAMs and they've already shot at what, 18 missiles?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Hey Einstein, I'm on your side!!!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/CWingUexkull/status/1715425580219318549

:thunk:

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

It's a general metaphor for wide reaching stuff too

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

in modern parlance the octopus is a meme

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
maybe octopuses are octopuses and we should leave them in peace

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

legit lol in the replies of that brain genious tweet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Demilich posted:

Yup, even checking my following list and they're not showing up.

Really fantastic that Israel is murdering the family members of our elected representatives.
Biden, by backing Israel unconditionally, is a literal American traitor lol

The US is an imperialist power. The welfare of any specific person, including individual members of the ruling capitalist class and the state, is a lesser concern compared to the maintenance of profits. The profits of US imperialism at this stage in history are reliant on US global hegemony.

What the US ruling class should debate in the coming days is if Israel is as essential to US global hegemony as the Biden administration, following traditional US policy, assumes.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's an anti-petrochemical trope actually

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

drat, played the Reverse card

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Amash also anti-war when he was in office?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ringo Starr's "Octopus's Garden" - The Beatles best song or violent anti-semetic propaganda?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

always love a dilute orange

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't Amash also anti-war when he was in office?

Yes he's one of those "libertarian" types

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
It's always been the strategy to raise pointless infractions with people saying the right thing in order to distract from the the argument being made, fraying the debate into smaller pointless skirmishes. And it completely does not matter how baseless or idiotic the accusation is -- it is still useful to silence critical thought ..

For example, you say "Greta Thunberg should not be listened to because she is antisemitic!", laundering the original idiotic toy-octopus accusation.
Now, I would have to dig up the deets on the accusation and you have successfully deflected talk from the point being being made..

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Kraken

Uh oh this goes deep

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Nearly 100% of the US political establishment is pro killing innocents.

Reading people worried about Trump of all the useless loving people while the world burns just makes me crazy. How the gently caress can anyone think any US election matters for stopping people from being brutalized by us abroad. The only thing that impairs America's ability to cause global mayhem is our own incompetence, so I am for anything that makes our government dumber and more chaotic. Bring on weekly January 6s to keep us chasing our tails so the rest of the world can have some peace. Shut down the government so Ron Paul can sermonize about the federal debt. We need at least one hundred more hearings on Trump's phone calls to Russia. The entire MIC should be replaced by even more expensive silicon valley grifters to make sure our weapons are useless.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Trump did famously encourage two wars to start during his reign so I can see why people would be worried about him getting elected again. I am so glad everyone voted correctly in the Most Important Election of Our Lives so that abortion was protected, the MIC wasn't massively increased, US weapons weren't shipped out abroad, we made peace with our enemies to avoid future wars, American diplomacy became so much more softer and more nuanced, since it was so important to save the US postal system DeJoy was removed as postmaster general, student loan forgiveness could be passed, the economy was saved, we all got the remaining covid relief funds, covid vaccine boosters were funded to become a regular part of our lives, police brutality was reigned in, border patrol putting kids in cages was stopped, etc etc just so much important stuff that could've gone horribly!

:yeah:

Fleetwood posted:

i think coons was on the short list for sec of state lol (we should go back to calling it the war dept)
He once again is, yes. At least that's what I was told by pro-Palestine activists this week in DE.

Atrocious Joe posted:

This Chris Coons guy seems like an idiot

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...20and%202024%3F

Biden is going to lose 2024 so badly if he's running on this slaughterhouse of a war

He is completely detached from reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Will Ultros finally denounce Hamas??? Uwee hee hee!!!