Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tsitsikovas posted:

blessed be the houthis for getting US to waste its ammo
blessed be the MIC grifters for selling lovely steel to the US military
blessed be the neolibs for privatizing ship maintenance, which means it will never get done

death to america by any means necessary
death to israel by any means necessary

old news, but still makes me lol
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...y%20submarines.

quote:

SEATTLE — A metallurgist in Washington state was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison and a $50,000 fine Monday after she spent decades faking the results of strength tests on steel that was being used to make U.S. Navy submarines.

Elaine Marie Thomas, 67, of Auburn, Washington, was the director of metallurgy at a foundry in Tacoma that supplied steel castings used by Navy contractors Electric Boat and Newport News Shipbuilding to make submarine hulls.

From 1985 through 2017, Thomas falsified the results of strength and toughness tests for about half the steel the foundry produced for the Navy. The tests were intended to show that the steel would not fail in a collision or in certain “wartime scenarios,” the Justice Department said.

. . .

When confronted with the doctored results, Thomas told investigators, “Yeah, that looks bad,” the Justice Department said. She suggested that in some cases she changed the tests to passing grades because she thought it was “stupid” that the Navy required the tests to be conducted at negative-100 degrees Fahrenheit (negative-73.3 degrees Celsius).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

ok i promise this is the last one, but it's just too good.

If you're going to accuse a state actor like Israel of "genocide" and "war crimes", you have to prove intent. It's not a matter of "legality", it's a matter of discourse when people are just throwing these terms around meaninglessly to derail.

So no, Israel "poisoning a water supply" and "purposefully preventing water from being decontaminated" is absolutely not the same.

Glad we agree that the Holodomor wasn't a genocide

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas releases footage of them releasing the two dumb americans, who i bet will learn nothing from this and will carry on being settler colonialists instead of returning to america.

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1715527066484199508?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

gradenko_2000 posted:

Glad we agree that the Holodomor wasn't a genocide

that's exactly what i was thinking

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

one good benefit of the west backing ukranian nazis so fervently is now them claiming other people are anti semites has zero value anymore because they literally clapped for a holocaust perpetrator, its over for the 'youre an anti-semite' slander industry.

the last couple years has definitely muddied the waters on anti-semitism into uselessness. The ADL are terrorists.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Starsfan posted:

the Palestinian cause could probably get no bigger boost in Canada than if Justin Trudeau openly endorsed the Israeli government.

his tenure as pm has really shown me that Canada is also an embarrassing country

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

shes right. that is stupid

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DiscountDildos posted:

https://x.com/ByYourLogic/status/1715583836833349927?s=20

Israeli propagandists conjuring up AI images of Hamas leaders hanging out at a Marriott hotel lmao
theyre not sending their best
https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1714358349607682270

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/normfinkelstein/status/1715490005903167560?t=fqTglwnvHDxscAvCHkxWXQ&s=19

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
drat norman

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nichael posted:

This is an absurd amount of engagement.

Heather Cox Richardson is, depressingly, a pretty big deal. I think the #1 or #2 most subscribed Substack.

She seems hyper-popular among the "NPR/PBS liberal" set

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

crazy how if u just read mainstream media, no one mentions this at all

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Palestinians,

These are your Hamas warriors. See as they luxuriate in the desert with the Minions, the true tell that they are haram and against Allah's peace.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

christ

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

cringe

based

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
smarxist its really disappointing when you post retarded ai poo poo. it really makes me question whether this is an equal relationship

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

smarxist its really disappointing when you post retarded ai poo poo. it really makes me question whether this is an equal relationship

:chloe:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ohtori Akio posted:

i'm posting retarded ai poo poo as a joke on retarded ai poo poo, quit CRAMPING MY STYLE

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

genocide run

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

smarxist posted:

i'm posting retarded ai poo poo as a joke on retarded ai poo poo, quit CRAMPING MY STYLE

:chloe:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
look smarxist...you made jonah sad. look what youve done

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm invoking riffer's rights

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ohtori Akio posted:

shes right. that is stupid

the steel needed to be strong at suchh low temperatures because it was during the cold war

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Resistance News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
No matter what, a medical worker in Gaza declares, "We will not compromise."
(from t.me/PalestineResist/16034, via tgsa)

The utter stress these docs have to be under is unimaginable.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
apparently a couple of those images are real (and quite old) but they did the shittiest possible upscale on them

https://twitter.com/ebarcuzzi/status/1715598661739286780

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

https://x.com/ByYourLogic/status/1715583836833349927?s=20

Israeli propagandists conjuring up AI images of Hamas leaders hanging out at a Marriott hotel lmao

Hahahahahaha who is this stupid poo poo even for

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They likely just assume people in Gaza don't know what AI is. The biggest believer of propaganda is the person who produces if it so they also buy into the mudhut bullshit

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Clip-On Fedora posted:

bots, literally

bots creating images, upscaling old ones, posting them various places, creating engagement/views/likes/retweets/comments, forging the consent that'll be duly marked down in the history books that some "crackpot" will swear was all crazy bullshit 80 years from now (if we're still around lol)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
surely if this palestinian's account was true, it'd have been blasted everywhere the same way these insanely fake images were ...?!?!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Gravid Topiary posted:

the steel needed to be strong at suchh low temperatures because it was during the cold war

:hmmyes:

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Clip-On Fedora posted:

All the reservists called up are issued a phone and given orders to post but they're kinda rusty

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

izagoof posted:

apparently a couple of those images are real (and quite old) but they did the shittiest possible upscale on them

https://twitter.com/ebarcuzzi/status/1715598661739286780

drat khaled meshal the diplomat of hamas who regularly travels is exercising and washing his hands at a 3 star hotel and eating a 5 dollar middle eastern meal

what a scandal!!!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The language is weird. It sounds like they were being trolled with potentially dangerous but potentially bluff drones.

"Forced to engage arial targets"

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:prepop:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
jesus norm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

drat khaled meshal the diplomat of hamas who regularly travels is exercising and washing his hands at a 3 star hotel and eating a 5 dollar middle eastern meal

what a scandal!!!

he may have spent upwards of 40 dollars on those adidas pants