Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can make an argument that Bandido fell into the category of guy who was brought in and out on amazing matched but ends up losing but he's not nearly as big in Lucha as Mistico and also it felt like he was gonna get the loses for the first while in amazing matches than gets a push like Takeshita did before he got hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You can make an argument that Bandido fell into the category of guy who was brought in and out on amazing matched but ends up losing but he's not nearly as big in Lucha as Mistico and also it felt like he was gonna get the loses for the first while in amazing matches than gets a push like Takeshita did before he got hurt

Bandido also does the best babyface character work of anyone in wrestling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1715391944287809840

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The NWA title is such an ugly belt and looks really small and cheap and EC3 is going to make it even worse with some guys who no doubt have really problematic ties to his personal ideology.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

smh Gravity came here from the moon and still is getting used to how our planet works and you do him dirty like this :colbert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Except that's not how they are billing Mistico at all so I have no idea what this complaint is about.

More to do with all the Luchadors who came before with the exception of The Lucha Brothers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think they're similar at all, pretty much every luchador who comes to AEW wrestles completely differently from everyone else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

smh Gravity came here from the moon and still is getting used to how our planet works and you do him dirty like this :colbert:

Every time he does his slow motion walk thing I thoroughly enjoy it

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Every time another freaking AEW luchador loses an awesome match, I'm like "Ha ha, gently caress yeah awesome"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

The NWA title is such an ugly belt and looks really small and cheap and EC3 is going to make it even worse with some guys who no doubt have really problematic ties to his personal ideology.

When you think about it, Andrew Jackson did more than most to bring down Big Seasoning

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichLatta32/status/1715350572147130641

better than the cubsfan one imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmao oh no

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I assume this is one of those guys that thinks every single Luchador wrestlers like a PWG show cause that's their only conception of literally any wrestling that isn't WWE

It reminds me of Bobby Heenan's biography, where he commented on WCW's luchadors with something like "They all had the same body and the same moves, WCW could have saved money by hiring one guy and having him wear all the different masks."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Selachian posted:

It reminds me of Bobby Heenan's biography, where he commented on WCW's luchadors with something like "They all had the same body and the same moves, WCW could have saved money by hiring one guy and having him wear all the different masks."

Rare Bobby L.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

NWA looking to get that TV deal cancelled as quickly as possibly, I see.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"there whiners on the internet think I'm going to pick someone offensive for the belt. Just to show them how wrong they are and to show the aristocratic bloodline of this belt, I am unveiling the first sideplate: King Leopold II of Belgium!"

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

A Fancy Hat posted:

NWA looking to get that TV deal cancelled as quickly as possibly, I see.

I mean, they just had Tyrus as champ, and he was regularly on Fox News. I'm pretty sure being perceived as right-wing idiots doesn't matter at this point.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Who will be the first challenger for the Reagan-Thatcher Belt?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Didn't Billy Corrigan get outed as a massive chud? I'm under the impression that the poo poo waterfall starts at the top there.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Not going to post them but every time I've seen Swerve hype up his new music video, someone comments with some variation of "I'm not going to watch it". Oh good, because we were all wondering.

They're invariably always WWE stans, reply/repost guys with no actual content, have no engagement in their replies, and repost poo poo like support for Putin.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

They've done it three times and it ended this week. Two weeks passed between you seeing the first one and seeing the last one. He arrived, he wasn't able to leave, he left.

and it was 3 or 4 weeks of tonally identical goofy adam cole videos before that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/kpm584/status/1715445857787470034

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its gonna be hitler. you know its gonna be hitler.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Robviously posted:

Didn't Billy Corrigan get outed as a massive chud? I'm under the impression that the poo poo waterfall starts at the top there.

He's an Infowars-style paranoid idiot, but sadly so are a lot of people in wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his politics are as inscrutable as Elon Musks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

There was definitely a point where people were complaining about AEW's plethora of bearded white indy-ish guys.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Looking forward to tuning in to the CW to watch EC3 and Tyrus having a rematch for the Jordan Peterson Championship

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

1glitch0 posted:

There was definitely a point where people were complaining about AEW's plethora of bearded white indy-ish guys.

Ah yes the era of Adams, Pages, and Cages

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince only wanting tall jacked bald white guys for a while really screwed up some people, imo.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Pylons posted:

I don't think they're similar at all, pretty much every luchador who comes to AEW wrestles completely differently from everyone else.

Hell, it was the same in WCW too. Nobody confused La Parka with Psychosis, they were completely different

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My one dislike of lucha mask history is the longetivity of certain over masked wrestlers keeping their masks for so long hiding their beauty behind it. Rey Wagner is like a guy who was already a hall of fame legend and then he unmasked and it was like "wtf how did this guy stay masked so long" and he has an entirely new hall of fame career as the hottest dad in wrestling who books mask v hair matches when he needs a trim.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They have to do that, no one would be excited for an unmasking if they already knew the luchador is an uggo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is mean to Juventud and Psicosis

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

My one dislike of lucha mask history is the longetivity of certain over masked wrestlers keeping their masks for so long hiding their beauty behind it. Rey Wagner is like a guy who was already a hall of fame legend and then he unmasked and it was like "wtf how did this guy stay masked so long" and he has an entirely new hall of fame career as the hottest dad in wrestling who books mask v hair matches when he needs a trim.

Given how little Wagner means right now vs 6 years ago I am sure he doesn't agree and is very glad he milked a legendary mask for everything it was worth.

Edit: Actually I know he disagrees because he wants to remask.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 21, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Judge a man not by the face God gave him but by the face he crafts for himself

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Judge a man not by the face God gave him but by the face he crafts for himself

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

the power of shazam....

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what percentage of pro wrestling company fans genuinely don't care for wrestling? like 65% in the U.S.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

and those people lumped gods perfect goblin kyle o'reilly in with them so they are dumb and wrong