Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hackan Slash posted:

Good news for you, it will be up for dust at some point before the end of the season.

https://todayindestiny.com/eververseCalendar

Very nice, been saving up my bright dust so this seems like a good buy :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

All Legendary and Exotic Sparrows will have two speed selection options moving forward: one matching AoT's speed and one matching the older highest speed that was available to offer a choice in handling and speed control. Upon login, players will (in most cases) default to the fastest option immediately and see the speed update to 190. All Legendary and Exotic Sparrows will also move from 100 to 150 health to be more durable to match AoT's health pool.

AoT will continue to retain a few unique benefits, including slightly better fuel economy, slightly lowered enemy aggression, and slightly better side-to-side boost. We're hopeful that these changes will improve player comfort in swapping off of AoT to use their favorite Sparrow in most play sessions, but that their investment in AoT remains valuable.

Good to know existing sparrow will get more durable. I thought the whole "reduced aggro" thing for AoT was one of those things that was listed on the sparrow, but wasn't real (and the extra health was the secret to why it survived more)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's real but it only works on Fallen. Try the sparrow run in Grasp, you can notice there's significantly less incoming fire

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Dregs feel really bad about messing up a sweet ride.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What am I supposed to be doing to be getting these spectral pages, I haven't gotten a single one after the first set yet

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RBA Starblade posted:

What am I supposed to be doing to be getting these spectral pages, I haven't gotten a single one after the first set yet

Doing literally anything with a mask on, I’ve been running strikes since it’s double rep week for that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Doing literally anything with a mask on, I’ve been running strikes since it’s double rep week for that

Weird, I haven't gotten a thing and it's been glued to my face

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RBA Starblade posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s bugged!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

Did you do a Haunted Lost Sector yet?

Did you put your manifested pages in the tome next to Eva?

Do you have empty slots in your Inventory?

Are you sure you have any "Spectral" Pages (green sheets of paper) that drop from activities? Killing a HEADLESS ONE! will convert a Spectral Page into a Manifested Page (brown sheet of paper)

What activities have you been doing with your mask on?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah make sure you have finished the intro quest, including all the "talk to eva" stages. If you have all the event challenges unlocked you should be getting drops when wearing a mask in ritual playlists at least

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
THANK GOD https://twitter.com/d2cbro/status/1715131571202662733?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also the AA has never been great but I feel like it's been getting worse, especially in the inventory. There's still a weird purple artifacting to the aliasing a lot of the time too I haven't been able to resolve (and only in the inventory and menus, it's weird). You can see it on the Synthoceps and around the CD on Clovis Bray's mask here.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did you do a Haunted Lost Sector yet?

Did you put your manifested pages in the tome next to Eva?

Do you have empty slots in your Inventory?

Are you sure you have any "Spectral" Pages (green sheets of paper) that drop from activities? Killing a HEADLESS ONE! will convert a Spectral Page into a Manifested Page (brown sheet of paper)

What activities have you been doing with your mask on?

Yep to all of that, been doing weekly campaign mission, public events, nightfalls. I had nothing to convert so nothing to turn in for a while

Finally got a few on the last completed nightfall! :toot:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

For the price of those exotic engrams you'd think they'd be a dead cert for the exotics you don't have. Saved up 3.5k candy and got a worse aeon soul roll than I already had, don't know if I can be arsed going for it now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got gilded Deathless One for not dying in Legend haunted sectors

I died a dozen times in the one I got it in. Also no champs spawned lmao. Also I only did three of them, not four. This event's a little busted

e: Lol that Spider comes up in the lore stuff this season. Remember Spider everyone?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 20, 2023

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Bobby Deluxe posted:

For the price of those exotic engrams you'd think they'd be a dead cert for the exotics you don't have. Saved up 3.5k candy and got a worse aeon soul roll than I already had, don't know if I can be arsed going for it now.

Economy things like that always launch at ridiculous costs and give crap rolls.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 20, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I just got gilded Deathless One for not dying in Legend haunted sectors

I died a dozen times in the one I got it in. Also no champs spawned lmao. Also I only did three of them, not four. This event's a little busted

e: Lol that Spider comes up in the lore stuff this season. Remember Spider everyone?

I remember the time Bungie teased that Mara was gonna kill him for enslaving our friend and her brother and instead we wound up working with him for some reason, yes.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The reward for doing all four of those loving things is another roll of the GRENADE LAUNCHER?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't even remember the last time I used a heavy gl, it might actually be Ghaul

I just got a lightfall wave frame one for the first time ever with vorpal weapon though so maybe now's the time

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't even remember the last time I used a heavy gl, it might actually be Ghaul

I don't think they've been notable in PvE since Crown of Sorrow before the archetype was nerfed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People keep wanting, thinking or claiming that they'll be Meta for top tier dps but their problem is always gonna be that your total damage from reserves is insanely low!!

Heavy GLs are a pvp treat if you ask me

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Their reserves are too low for the damage they offer. There are already so many great heavy weapons, why pick a GL?

Really a shame :smith:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Heavy GLs with Chain Reaction are fun but it’s hard to use them nowadays when Forbearance exists.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Altars of Summoning

A) Having four Opaque Cards in it, all in different sections of the map.
B) Immediately hitting you with a "joining allies" if you leave the area of the current summoning.
C) Having no private matchmaking option.

Strikes me as a bit of an oversight.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

Altars of Summoning

A) Having four Opaque Cards in it, all in different sections of the map.
B) Immediately hitting you with a "joining allies" if you leave the area of the current summoning.
C) Having no private matchmaking option.

Strikes me as a bit of an oversight.

Yeah, it's an odd choice. There's an intermission, either at the beginning of a fresh run, or right after you fill up the bar and get your chest, where you should have enough time to run to a side and grab them.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

I don't think they've been notable in PvE since Crown of Sorrow before the archetype was nerfed.

There was the Season of Breach & Clear (Splicer?) where everyone was using Anarchy for DPS.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anarchy committed the ultimate sin for a drum-fed grenade launcher -- being a gun people wanna use. And it was punished for its sins. 😞

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol wow Scarlet Keep GM is super easy until Hashludun just supluxes you off the tower

The fastest assblasting Destiny has ever served me

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I've been doing a lot of public events for pages, and I can't believe that the Ether Resupply event is still bugged with an invulnerable servitor at least half the time.

Okay, that's not true, I can believe it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PERMACAV 50 posted:

There was the Season of Breach & Clear (Splicer?) where everyone was using Anarchy for DPS.

I honestly don't think of Anarchy as an HGL, it works fundamentally differently from them. You can't go "if you don't have anarchy just use a legendary instead" the way you could with Prospector.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Got navigator tonight. My buddy was the one who wanted it most though. Looks like I’ve got a few more to go.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Heavy GLs need to have at least twice their current base reserves to be in any form viable for higher level PVE. They don't do enough total damage to be a boss dps option, and they don't have the reserves to compete with machine guns for trash killing in bossless encounters.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Collateral Damage posted:

Heavy GLs need to have at least twice their current base reserves to be in any form viable for higher level PVE. They don't do enough total damage to be a boss dps option, and they don't have the reserves to compete with machine guns for trash killing in bossless encounters.

:hmmyes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao, cleared the GM NF a couple times with buds and we felt like going for a master GOTD clear for funsies because someone had a checkpoint at the final boss. We decided not to use Arbalest and just see what happens. After goofing off a little we get to the first damage phase.

We decided to stop doing the master GOTD final boss after the first damage phase. It's not even hard, it's a lot of fun with how much poo poo you get swarmed with (esp as a strand titan! Holy poo poo everything you have is always up it owns), but like hell were we going to sit there another hour

Cool to see Oryx again though. Would've been more fun to have him respawn and do Kingsfall 2 though lmao. Maybe convince him to be a guardian instead :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like if anything, Oryx would just be loving furious if they brought him back to life. ESPECIALLY if they did it with the Light.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Respawn Oryx post TFS. "Worm gods and sword logic are dead, there's a whole new set of rules, enjoy. Also you gently caress up we get a new gun, it's win/win."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

I feel like if anything, Oryx would just be loving furious if they brought him back to life. ESPECIALLY if they did it with the Light.

"I wrote a whole book on this guys"

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

MJeff posted:

One of the interesting contradictions in lore is that the Hive really don't like necromancy which is why Nokris got banished and yet in what's basically the Hive Bible they blithely give both Xivu and Savathun proper True Deaths and then bring them both back to life. Like, the specific chapter in the books of sorrow even takes a moment to explicitly state "and they died in their Throne World which means this is a real permanent death" and then a couple chapters later it turns out Oryx can bring them back to life just by killing really hard or being clever.

That strikes me as No Resurrections being a real Rules For Thee But Not For Me kind of law as far as the hive are concerned. Oryx would find some way to rationalize it and all the rank and file would probably be too busy being relieved they have a proper king to follow to complain that hard.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've always enjoyed that the Hive are basically 3 things

1. Space demons
2. A huge mlm scam
3. Led by a loving* family

When the writers forget one of those they get real boring real quick. Even back in D1 it's great how the setup for Taken King is "Oryx found out what you did and he turned the car around"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Meiteron posted:

One of the interesting contradictions in lore is that the Hive really don't like necromancy which is why Nokris got banished and yet in what's basically the Hive Bible they blithely give both Xivu and Savathun proper True Deaths and then bring them both back to life. Like, the specific chapter in the books of sorrow even takes a moment to explicitly state "and they died in their Throne World which means this is a real permanent death" and then a couple chapters later it turns out Oryx can bring them back to life just by killing really hard or being clever.

That strikes me as No Resurrections being a real Rules For Thee But Not For Me kind of law as far as the hive are concerned. Oryx would find some way to rationalize it and all the rank and file would probably be too busy being relieved they have a proper king to follow to complain that hard.

You can argue that because he did it with killing and because the three of them push each other to be stronger by constantly testing each other, that Oryx bringing them back is still in line with the sword logic, but, you could apply the same thing to Nokris - if the test of existence is too exist, then necromancy is a valid answer to that. If something exists because of necromancy, it exists, period. That means you didn't kill it hard enough. That means your killing is not as perfect as you think it is. Oryx should've seen Nokris' necromancy as a test in the same way he and Savathun and Xivu test each other, instead, he saw it as a slight.

Savathun, on the other hand, always questioned the sword logic and eventually, evolved beyond it. I just don't think Oryx would be capable of the same thing. I think if he came back and got his memories, he would stick around just long enough to kill everybody who brought him back, then he'd smash his own ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This map sucks pretty bad for Trials huh

e: Lol I'm bottom 12% for Trials now :haw:

Finally unlocked the last four loadout slots so now I never have to give a poo poo about the guardian ranks again lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 23, 2023