Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

queeb posted:

is there a bug with ball lightning sorc or something because holy the videos ive seen of it absolutely crushing the game have been nuts.

My friend always runs this. It's better DPS than most other sorcerer stuff I've seen and has become better because they patched the orbs to not go out when you are up against walls. He usually dies a fair bit more, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Some changes that went unmentioned in the patch notes:

- They added a few more quests that unlock when you complete the campaign that are about you killing Lilith.

- They added a new "Butcher-like" series of enemies that will invade dungeons. They are part of the Vampire council and all have boss health bars with "of the ancients" at the end.

They are reportedly easier than The Butcher and drop 3-4 guaranteed legendaries. Not confirmed if they have unique loot like The Butcher.

https://twitter.com/icyveins/status/1715143202297073673

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I slapped the Fireball enchantment on Charged Bolts and it carpet bombs the floor. Frostburn and Iceheart Brais have made this pretty fun.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some changes that went unmentioned in the patch notes:

- They added a few more quests that unlock when you complete the campaign that are about you killing Lilith.

- They added a new "Butcher-like" series of enemies that will invade dungeons. They are part of the Vampire council and all have boss health bars with "of the ancients" at the end.

They are reportedly easier than The Butcher and drop 3-4 guaranteed legendaries. Not confirmed if they have unique loot like The Butcher.

https://twitter.com/icyveins/status/1715143202297073673

Cool

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
so am i just hunting down damage affixes with the biggest number now or is it more complex than that (barb)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What videos / resources you looking at?

The stuff I’m checking (maxroll, icy veins, etc) are basically the same build guides from last season. Just with minor addendums and slight reordering of the tier lists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWn06oex-eE

It's v good

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Verviticus posted:

so am i just hunting down damage affixes with the biggest number now or is it more complex than that (barb)

current best stats on weapons seem to be

str
all stat
core
then flavor pick, I'm going berserking since you can get a multi out of it.

rings are

resource
resource gen
lucky hit
crit hit %
life, for you in hc probably

you can hit resist cap across the board on 3 high roll resists & plugging the holes with jewels on the other 2

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that makes sense. cool ty

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Zeg posted:

Didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but yeah, mine are gone. Does it save where you put consumables if you set them to the wheel?

Not sure on this as I never hotwheel them.

Hehe, hotwheel.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
another very small undocumented change: the rogue achievement that was to beat a dungeon without getting hit has been changed to beat it without dying

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I really like necromancer. I am only 19 but without any legendaries equipped, but it still feels like I'm wearing some if that makes sense? The shadow/darkness element skillsets and perk talents all synergise really well out the gate from what I'm playing so far. The early game/low level class design is excellent compared to the others which take much longer to get going, from my personal experience

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Name Change posted:

Here is what I am doing, because I agree the drops are overwhelming and often pointless even while leveling.

- Sticking to a single gimmick, in this case ice sorcerer.

- Scrapping anything for fire or lightning.

- Equipping or banking legendaries that obviously enhance ice sorcerer, even if the DPS is a little lower. Especially if it directly affects a power. I am riding the tornado and just seeing how a dedicated ice gimmick plays, because it's different.

- Tossing everything else, because even a yellow with good affixes is going to get outmoded pretty quickly while leveling to 75.

I get SO MANY leggies off of the triple vampire pylon thing, which if you're on a crowded event will trigger at least 3-4 times, that it's just not worth sitting in town and hyper-optimizing. Maybe at like 75 but by then you'll just be looking for slight DPS upgrades off ancients most likely.

I did all ice sorc last season and it was great.

Switched out werewolf keystone for nature's fury after getting the werewolf= storm aspect and it's very cool. I ended up swapping my 3 points from digitigade gait to landslide-> raging landslide thinking that only earth skills you have points in would trigger, but it's all of them, rabies and blood howl have both spawned their associated earth skills. What's cooler is that those earth skills can spawn a storm skill, I've seen at least one tornado spawn!

Level 53 poison wolf is good and cool and I haven't even gotten my +45% damage when three posioned dudes are close legendary node yet. Nothing in the overworld can touch me. Once I get some gyphs worth leveling I'll head into NM dungeons, but I'm splitting my time between this and SM2.

Edit: beat butcher with only minor potion use.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hotfix apparently patched out the real names bug and the blizzcon placeholders.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Jelly posted:

Not sure on this as I never hotwheel them.

Hehe, hotwheel.

Hehe

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I ran into the unique problem of having several inventories worth of loot Despawn on me because people were spamming the blood well in vicinity of a vampiric alter that kept respawning every 2 minutes. I couldn't even sift through the drops fast enough just standing still leeching. I desperately need a loot filter that just obliterates everything below a certain item power threshold like yesterday.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Tonetta posted:

I ran into the unique problem of having several inventories worth of loot Despawn on me because people were spamming the blood well in vicinity of a vampiric alter that kept respawning every 2 minutes. I couldn't even sift through the drops fast enough just standing still leeching. I desperately need a loot filter that just obliterates everything below a certain item power threshold like yesterday.

Post pics!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Spirit Offerings quest worked today, picked up a nice chunk of free power. 13 hits on Lacerate? Oh ho ho.

Vampiretides really hit the spot. Fast levels and loot is nice but also being in a dangerous, different place with some unique enemies(the Seekers are just evil players but hell, it works and good use of assets) and the "getting jumped" systems they had for spawning yawn inducing poo poo you walked away from if you even still clicked vanilla chests... it just works well.

S2 is a really strong proof of concept that D4 actually does have good bones. A shame glyph XP isn't on every activity and as much as I like the vampire powers I do wonder if seasons might not run together(and all challenge steadily evaporate) if every season is a huge power spike of free procs. We're right there on the cusp of being a competitor in the market instead of being mocked for not clearing the bar they helped originally set. I wonder if the devs have heard suggestions for strongholds to be kept relevant after being done the first time per character. NMDs, Tides, World Bosses, Capstone Token Bosses, the S3 activity and some kind of revolving Strongholds would be a pretty strong spread.

If the S3 new end game activity is solid then D4 can finally leave early access. :haw:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Zeg posted:

Post pics!

pics doesn't really do it justice but in this one, my inventory is already full, and stuff is already despawning in both areas

this second one was just after finishing a vampyric totem thing, and my inventory was already full. by the time the zir thing was finished, all of that sweet, sweet loot desapwned

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 21, 2023

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Tonetta posted:

Pics n stuff

I can't wait to see this, so far people be stingy

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

if anyone else is having issues with the game sometimes freezing for 10-60+ seconds on menu screens or portals, rolling back to the previous nvidia driver seems to have fixed it for me.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Getting into the second season now, I think the biggest issue I have with D4 is the way Legendaries work. I hate shuffling the "optimal" effects around. What I have equipped at a given time is hard to keep straight, and the process actively makes me less excited when I find a potential upgrade. Which is never, because the itemization and affix system is also poor.

D3 had some issues for sure, but each Legendary effect only appearing in a specific slot made gearing and upgrade choices much more fun and less grind-y. And the Horadric Cube was a good way to compromise one item for another that doesn't quiiiiite fit your build. It encouraged experimentation, and it didn't penalize you for trying something oddball (unless you were pushing high-level rifts).

And as much as people complain how set items made for cookie cutter builds, at least most of those builds were fun.

So I'm gonna grind through Season 2 because the "point, click, and die" interface is still kind of satisfying, but I'm resigned to not buying another season pass until Blizzard fixes some fundamental issues.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Tonetta posted:

oh, I'm sorry; are you getting too much loot

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah the aspect system is dogshit and items have basically zero character, which is a big sin for a loot game.

season 2 is definitely an improvement over 1 though, if they actually work on itemization and poo poo, game might be real dope in a couple seasons

queeb fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 21, 2023

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Good bones

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
there are other good classes besides necro, jeez

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think I've discovered the main problem with necro.

There are too many cool abilities and I want them all.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Blood harvests are pretty neat, but it kinda feels like it's all I want to do because getting enough juice is easy and the dopamine from the ridiculous loot explosion at the end is too hard to pass up. Went and killed Ashava and it was pretty meh in comparison. Oh well, still fun playing in a duo either way. Definitely echoing the sentiment about the aspect system, especially when I've got build-enabling stuff going it feels really hard to actually upgrade gear if I don't have another copy of the aspect to replace it with.

Yes, I'm complaining about too much loot, I'm the bad guy.

J
Jun 10, 2001

WIsh there was any other way to level up glyphs, because bouncing around between legion/world boss/helltide/blood harvest is fun, but NMDs are still super boring :negative:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should just add mini blood tides to the dungeons

Maybe they did idk

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m going through the campaign with a blood surge necro and it’s even better than advertised. Mama Mia basically everything dies to one or two surges. Only level 15 right now but it’s so much more enjoyable than every leveling barb or Druid.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

queeb posted:

yeah the aspect system is dogshit and items have basically zero character, which is a big sin for a loot game.

season 2 is definitely an improvement over 1 though, if they actually work on itemization and poo poo, game might be real dope in a couple seasons

I really hope they find the balls to adress these things

and not make me pay for multiple 60 bucks expansions to experience it

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

flashman posted:

Good bones

mods can we word filter "has good bones" to "is clearly unfinished"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I were elected to be Lord Emperor of Diablo the first thing I would do is eliminate all increments less than 1 second and/or 1 percent. Nobody can intuit what that poo poo means at a glance and it makes the readability of items terrible. Secondly I would completely overhaul the aspect system so that the highest extracted aspect roll immediately went to your codex to forever be reprinted on gear. Then I would increase all aspect effects by at least 100% of whatever they do now and remove all of the boring conditional effects. Your cooldowns do 2.4% more damage when 3 crowd controlled enemies are within 6.4 feetoh god nobody cares!!! Lastly, I would restrict more aspect categories to distinct slots so that it's easy at a glance to know what modifiers are available. I think this would also help with giving loot more of an identity because right now it's just a summary of aspects with the same 4 affixes every other class wants.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I like conditionals like ”Rend does more damage if casting transformed you into a werewolf” because it makes my big chunky murder button even chunkier if I pretend i’m a transformer toy. I can reduce the conditionals and buffs into a playstyle, like ”i dont remember all this poo poo but I know if I switch between bear rush and werewolf slashes all the time I do a shitload of numbers”.

It’s when the affixes do a varying set of barely noticeable minor buffs all over the place that the system falls apart. There are no visual indicators of all this poo poo, damage is slightly random anyway so I can’t even notice the minor buffs triggering, and since I can’t even remember them anyway they might as well just not exist and I can just pick highest base damage/armor instead who cares.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Also id be down for doing season 2 but levelling can go gently caress itself, does anyone have a good guide of how to level fast?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People in this very thread were like “well it was fun but the endgame still sucks” like 16 hours after the season released, so I don’t think leveling is really an issue. Just turn on crossplay and run around the vampire areas.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Yea you can reach endgame within 6-8 hours, which is in line with most modern arpg's

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
lmao

https://www.diablobloodharvest.com

if everyone everywhere gets donation total to 666 quarts of blood you can enter to win a PC that is liquid cooled with “real human blood”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bisse posted:

Also id be down for doing season 2 but levelling can go gently caress itself, does anyone have a good guide of how to level fast?

Leveling is very fast now. I've got about 8 casual hours on my char and I'm level 54.

Just roll a new char and do the seasonal quest, vampire tides, and turn in whispers and you'll get to WT3 crazy fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm really liking that whispers take care of money and you can just smash items for crafting mats now