Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Al-Saqr posted:

bloomberg is reporting that the US and Europe are pressuring Israel to delay their ground invasion of Gaza

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1715666736530276560?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

what happens if they try and call off the ground invasion though? hamas will just attack again even if they flatten all of gaza, so will hezbollah, so israel's credibility is shot, it's not like they can go back to a status quo antebellum. honestly they're hosed if they do go in and hosed if they don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
They are just waiting for American troops and carriers to get into position to fight Hezbollah other Shiite miltias maybe Iran. Already seeing manufactured consent for war with Iran

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CODChimera posted:

there has to be some serious poo poo going on behind the scenes, trying to get Israel to deescalate...

if israel doesn't go in, that's bad for the israeli apartheid state. if israel goes in and gets bloodied, that's bad for the whole imperial project.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

They are just waiting for American troops and carriers to get into position to fight Hezbollah other Shiite miltias maybe Iran. Already seeing manufactured consent for war with Iran

i've been seeing manufactured consent for an iran war for literally my entire life, they can't actually do it without eating poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

It's stupid, I feel like a war in Iran is totally against dem party interests because I only recall republicans seeming to want that.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

what happens if they try and call off the ground invasion though? hamas will just attack again even if they flatten all of gaza, so will hezbollah, so israel's credibility is shot, it's not like they can go back to a status quo antebellum. honestly they're hosed if they do go in and hosed if they don't

if they call off the ground invasion its over for israel and Iran is king of the hill, check mate. they have to go in to save themselves even if it ends up still destroying them and making Iran king of the hill.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ProfessorBooty posted:

It's stupid, I feel like a war in Iran is totally against dem party interests because I only recall republicans seeming to want that.

the two parties are the same entity

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Al-Saqr posted:

israeli MP literally says that the children of Gaza brought it on themselves

https://twitter.com/censoredmen/status/1715540914276319731?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

i am having indecorous thoughts

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:sweep:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/shanghaidaily/status/1715689771765481975?s=20

https://x.com/AJEnglish/status/1715676897160622252?s=20

fits my needs has issued a correction as of 12:27 on Oct 21, 2023

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
However, as Hersh said they want to go the Leningrad route allowing for the spread of disease, starvation, and dehydration as they keep feinting their ground invasion, Will anyone intervene before the situation becomes even more untenable and horrifying. Accounting the 4500 officially dead, the at least 1500 missing presumed dead under rubble, and the fighters who have died, Israel has martyred more Palestinians tin the last 2 weeks then the 2 intifadas combined.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Gaza ministry of health said the aid trucks account for 3 percent of what they need pre-war

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

I stand with Zodium #burgerterrorists

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

John Charity Spring posted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

In the original Japanese, instead of the classic line "Muscle heads? Hate 'em!" Ultros says, "Jews? Hate 'em!"

One of the lesser known controversial changes Woolsey made in his translation.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Al-Saqr posted:

bloomberg is reporting that the US and Europe are pressuring Israel to delay their ground invasion of Gaza

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1715666736530276560?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

they say the presidency ages people, but I think Joe Biden looks better with each passing moment

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Didnt they estimate that Gaza needs at least 100 relief trucks per day to even begin to address the humanitarian crisis?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nix Panicus posted:

Didnt they estimate that Gaza needs at least 100 relief trucks per day to even begin to address the humanitarian crisis?

yes

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

However, as Hersh said they want to go the Leningrad route allowing for the spread of disease, starvation, and dehydration as they keep feinting their ground invasion, Will anyone intervene before the situation becomes even more untenable and horrifying. Accounting the 4500 officially dead, the at least 1500 missing presumed dead under rubble, and the fighters who have died, Israel has martyred more Palestinians tin the last 2 weeks then the 2 intifadas combined.

There are a million things we don't know but this part has been itching the back of my brain for a while. It's entirely possible Israel just... doesn't do anything but sit behind the walls and keep up intermittent bombing, and a back and forth song and dance between Hezbollah and a few militias isn't going to do anything to alleviate Gaza's suffering. The fact is time is essentially on Israel's side, they're not going to run out of billions in western aid anytime soon, they can keep putting off this invasion indefinitely and arguably do more damage via siege warfare than they would ever manage to accomplish fighting street to street. An escalated regional conflict is not really in Israel's rational interest, but it's honestly probably the only chance Palestinians have now for liberation and I'm concerned none of the powers at play are going to make the calculation that it's worth sticking their neck out for them.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Isfake

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Would poo poo myself

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1715699398330454393

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Israel is so over.
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1715112507688288755?s=20

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Free the burger people- they know not what they do

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

pound for pound the dumbest, corniest people on the planet. an entire nation of wretched children constantly bailed out by Uncle Sam.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Fuckin what does Israel need a drat admiral for

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

israelis act like they have never been told no in their entire life

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Popy posted:

israelis act like they have never been told no in their entire life

It's been 50 years since Yom Kippur War so that is correct.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
they got told no on oct 7

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i like how they're still bombing the area where the trucks come in as well

also apparently no fuel allowed either in the 20 measly rear end trucks

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 13:19 on Oct 21, 2023

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

Fuckin what does Israel need a drat admiral for

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GoLambo posted:

There are a million things we don't know but this part has been itching the back of my brain for a while. It's entirely possible Israel just... doesn't do anything but sit behind the walls and keep up intermittent bombing, and a back and forth song and dance between Hezbollah and a few militias isn't going to do anything to alleviate Gaza's suffering. The fact is time is essentially on Israel's side, they're not going to run out of billions in western aid anytime soon, they can keep putting off this invasion indefinitely and arguably do more damage via siege warfare than they would ever manage to accomplish fighting street to street. An escalated regional conflict is not really in Israel's rational interest, but it's honestly probably the only chance Palestinians have now for liberation and I'm concerned none of the powers at play are going to make the calculation that it's worth sticking their neck out for them.

israel is close to full military mobilisation and netanyahu's entire political project rests on israeli military impunity. they absolutely cannot afford to stay in a situation like this for very long, either economically or politically. they also have a limited amount of munitions and airframe hours to use for bombing the place.

they could starve the entire place until there was no more life, but that might actually trigger a regional war

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

smarxist posted:

Finish the story Bibi

apartheid in my soul
something something
genocide

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

playtime has begun

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

this is the same spokesman who initially admitted that Israel bombed the Baptist hospital. these people are beyond parody https://x.com/hananyanaftali/status/1715416552047059366?s=46

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if israeli doesnt go in they're done if they do go in they;re done and start a regional war

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al-Saqr posted:

drat khaled meshal the diplomat of hamas who regularly travels is exercising and washing his hands at a 3 star hotel and eating a 5 dollar middle eastern meal

what a scandal!!!

also who is likely a target of assassination from israel 24/7 needs constant security? bah gawd

hardly a life of luxury when you know israel will murder the gently caress out of you and everyone around you at any moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

RE: genocidal intent chat, intent only matters when its a member of the rules based international order who needs cover for their crimes. Otherwise its completely either ignored or evidence of intent is just manufactured whole cloth in order to condemn.