Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

lines posted:

Nah I don't think I am! If you see someone around in a yellow corduroy jumpsuit (I assume nobody else will have this stupid outfit), that's me.

We have a discord if you want to make it easy https://discord.com/invite/cAU3z4qw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was thinking this would be the first expac I wouldn't do the new job shuffle on but Viper looks sick as hell....

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Qwertycoatl posted:

We have a discord if you want to make it easy https://discord.com/invite/cAU3z4qw

Ta.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
oh boy i can't wait to wake up to confirmation of the caster dps!

Wow WoL, how come your mom lets you wield two swords?

>next Fanfest in January

o.. oh. :negative:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Deeply enjoying this trend of one entirely unique job complimented by a deeply remixed series staple job, assuming we are in fact getting green mage in january.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf, reaper is somewhat based on ff11 dark knight, which was a scythe using dps. Some abilities are even shared, like Arcane Circle and Arcane Crest.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Most excited for another limited job, and people complaining all over again that it can't do normal stuff.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Most excited for another limited job, and people complaining all over again that it can't do normal stuff.

But it probably will be able to party with blue mages for content.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Most of the keynote was really cool, but I'm sorry, nobody can convince me that FFXVI Ifrit doesn't just look like a Godzilla redesign that is trying way too hard to be cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it looks nothing like godzilla

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not in any sense.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic hates ff16 conceptually so much she has to make things up to be mad at, like always.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
comp doesn't meet recommended specs for dawntrail that's an oof from me kings

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Once again Cleretic comes in with a bad opinion that no-one else was thinking.
Anyway,

FINAL FANTASY XIV: 7.0: Viper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Magicite

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The daddycool job

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Waffleman_ posted:

Not in any sense.

Maybe I've got a waaaaay lower bar of 'bad Godzilla redesign', because my jump was to 1998 Godzilla, and unfortunately, I still see it., especially around the head and torso.

I prefer our Ifrit.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

My job hopes were for that Darth Maul double lightsaber so I'm happy

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My controversial opinion is that the dual blade lightsaber staff is actually the worst kind of all lightsabers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

My controversial opinion is that the dual blade lightsaber staff is actually the worst kind of all lightsabers

Jesus christ.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Badger of Basra posted:

:mods:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Badger of Basra posted:

I mean its really easy to cut yourself in half with one but the same could be said of all lightsabers

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FFXVI Ifrit is very cool, hope this helps.

The actual disappointment is that we aren't going to get a version of XVI's Titan or Bahamut fights (yeah I know XIV's engine just plain isn't built to handle that)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Me going to the FFXI site out of curiosity: holy poo poo how does this still cost 12 bucks per month plus an additional dollar per character

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really have to ask because I'm curious if I'm alone in this or not.

I haven't played the game in quite a while. Most of my playtime was during HW and then I played a good amount during ShB too, but fell off before I finished that.
Since that I've been keeping my eye on the game's updates and I find it extremely frustrating how they keep seemingly butchering all the classes I liked to play, which is the one thing that keeps me from wanting to even try to start playing again.
AST got the absolute shittiest deal. It was a very fun class to play during HW, and then during early ShB it was still pretty fun even though they stripped some of the mechanics out, but then after I stopped playing they seem to have completely homogenized it to play the same as every other healer.
I liked playing WAR and DRK a lot during HW era, but when I came back during ShB they weren't interesting to play at all anymore. Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics so I can't really say why I didn't like them anymore, but my understanding is that they were also reworked to be more homogenized across the role.

Since I stopped playing the only non-DPS class that's been added was Sage, which at a quick glance seemed to play basically the same way as every other healer, and now I'm hearing that the next Expac is only going to add yet another DPS. All of the attention seems to be reserved for the DPS role, which already always had the widest variety of choices when it comes to playstyles.

Am I crazy or what? Please tell me I'm not the only one frustrated by the homogeneity and the lack of attention that the Tank and Healer roles get.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 21, 2023

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I really have to ask because I'm alone in this or not.

I haven't played the game in quite a while. Most of my playtime was during HW and then I played a good amount during ShB too, but fell off before I finished that.
Since that I've been keeping my eye on the game's updates and I find it extremely frustrating how they keep seemingly butchering all the classes I liked to play, which is the one thing that keeps me from wanting to even try to start playing again.
AST got the absolute shittiest deal. It was a very fun class to play during HW, and then during early ShB it was still pretty fun even though they stripped some of the mechanics out, but then after I stopped playing they seem to have completely homogenized it to play the same as every other healer.
I liked playing WAR and DRK a lot during HW era, but when I came back during ShB they weren't interesting to play at all anymore. Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics so I can't really say why I didn't like them anymore, but my understanding is that they were also reworked to be more homogenized across the role.

Since I stopped playing the only non-DPS class that's been added was Sage, which at a quick glance seemed to play basically the same way as every other healer, and now I'm hearing that the next Expac is only going to add yet another DPS. All of the attention seems to be reserved for the DPS role, which already always had the widest variety of choices when it comes to playstyles.

Am I crazy or what? Please tell me I'm not the only one frustrated by the homogeneity and the lack of attention that the Tank and Healer roles get.

Scroll up (5-6 pages)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Yo, I'm here. Where is everybody?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffleman_ posted:

Me going to the FFXI site out of curiosity: holy poo poo how does this still cost 12 bucks per month plus an additional dollar per character

I feel like i post this once a month but I'm shocked there isn't a bundled sub option for 11/14

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I really have to ask because I'm alone in this or not.

Yeah healers are going to stay gutted forever sadly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They should make Green Mage a tank.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they're planning on one but come on guys

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

When I heard "dual/double light saber" I thought it meant dual wielding. I will always be disappointed when a Starwars game has Maul lightsaber but not dual wield.

I have no idea how to feel about Viper. I like the weapon, but wanted Sword+Gun more. The trailer didn't really make for the most exciting looking thing, but i'm sure the gameplay will be fun.

I suppose this also takes Turtles Green = Green Mage off the table....maybe. Was there anything at the fanfest to hint the other job? Cause I still think GRN is a very safe bet, as much as I want Time Mage, and it'd be funny if the shirt indeed ended up being both Jobs.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I suppose this also takes Turtles Green = Green Mage off the table....maybe. Was there anything at the fanfest to hint the other job? Cause I still think GRN is a very safe bet, as much as I want Time Mage, and it'd be funny if the shirt indeed ended up being both Jobs.
YoshiP pointedly said that even though he didn't have anything ready this time, there was a Small Hint at the Las Vegas FanFest for what the Casting Job. This has been taken to mean that the Shirt Hint is still in the running, and possibly pulled double duty to hint at BOTH jobs.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The big clue that green mage is likely the caster job is not his shirt but that Krile found a green clover in the Smash Bros letter she was given

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1715724218686484734

can someone tell me what I should be looking at for differences

is it the persimmons

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

is it the persimmons

Ambient occlusion is fancy art speak for areas where very little light reaches, which in a game engine is usually underneath things that are on a floor or against a wall. I think the clearest area of difference is on the left sack; you can see that the bottom on the second screenshot is significantly darker than in the former shot.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Badger of Basra posted:

is it the persimmons

The shadows in the newer picture are better representing the direction of the light source, which is a bit to the left of the perspective rather than directly above it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

is it the persimmons

Shadowing between objects that are close to each other.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

It’s cool actually.

Also lol that the new Scouting DPS just ended up being Ninja But Cooler

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It doesn't have mudra so it's ninja but lamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted: