Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Azhais posted:

an interpretive method in which the contradiction between a proposition (thesis) and its antithesis is resolved at a higher level of truth (synthesis)
Thesis: Musk good
Antithesis: Musk bad
Synthesis: Interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

House is Howard Hughes, and Elon Musk ain't no fuckin' Howard Hughes

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Kingo Ligma posted:

They were just normal memes, Elon. Just innocent memes

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's so when he forces a twex into everyone's timeline and it gets lots of views that's the final proof that it's popular and everyone loves him, with no other data to contradict it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RFC posted:

I cannot fathom how people like that guy. His metal loving sucks. gently caress Varg.

Wait until you learn about his extracurricular activities!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

What a pathetic little manchild, trying to hide how hard conservatives get ratio'ed on everything they post.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

MrQwerty posted:

House is Howard Hughes, and Elon Musk ain't no fuckin' Howard Hughes

In one very important way at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The only decision Elon's made that has significantly improved the site's readability is blocking browsing it without an account.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Rad Russian posted:

The first case of some toddlers being stuck inside a burning CT with onlookers unable to break glass to free them would have resulted in a lawsuit big enough to bankrupt them.

it was going to be someone getting their kids, or someone else's kids, in the car so they can shoot the windows to prove they are bulletproof

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Replacing a window will cost a fortune.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

goatface posted:

Replacing a window will cost a fortune.

Replacing anything on a cybertruck is going to cost a fortune

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Ah yes, The Ministry Of Truth

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I understood all of that

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Was Veritas.com already taken?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

god he's so loving corny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's more likely:

Musk is intentionally strangling Twitter to slowly kill it
Or
He's an idiot sincerely trying to improve it from his perspective

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wish Josh Sawyer would tell him to gently caress off

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

redshirt posted:

What's more likely:

Or
It's the latter because to me this type of move tracks with Tesla's "everything is touchscreen" cabin controls philosophy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's trying to improve it for himself.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
This whole debarcle ends with a stockholder mutiny and elong being stuck in a heaven ban

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Twitter is a private company

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

goatface posted:

He's trying to improve it for himself.

I was just about to type this.

You look at why he's changing the UI to remove likes and other metrics, he says it because it makes his eyes bleed. Now. There may or may not be a secondary reason to cover up Republican ratios, but on the surface he's making decision just to improve his life.

As much as I complain about how everything in government has so many layers of approval before implementation, I much prefer it to a company that just follows the whims of a petulant man baby.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
imagine being one of the bankers who wil lose real money on this extremely bad investment waking up to find their guy replying to a 20 year old blizzard social interns scheduled tweet begging them to join something nobody knew existed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When I was screwing around with twitter’s algo, you could juice yourself into influencer grade status(companies send you free poo poo) on twitter for something like $300 on fiverr, 8-10 plagiarized tweets every 2 weeks.

Now for like $10/mo and some wink nod racism, you can get the same endorphin number go up rush without any of the free poo poo.

Real brain genius poo poo here, musk ftw

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What do I need to do to get the free stuff now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TikTok.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

thathonkey posted:

imagine being one of the bankers who wil lose real money on this extremely bad investment waking up to find their guy replying to a 20 year old blizzard social interns scheduled tweet begging them to join something nobody knew existed

They're not losing real money either. They're coming out richer than before too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

They're not losing real money either. They're coming out richer than before too.

The banks? The debt twitter owes is more than the company is worth. Elon is supposedly making the interest payments but how long can that continue?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Money isn’t real, the banks invent it

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish Josh Sawyer would tell him to gently caress off

why, why give him the attention

he's posting on bsky these days anyway

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Peanut Butler posted:

why, why give him the attention

he's posting on bsky these days anyway

Just so Musk knows his alleged heroes hate him.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

gschmidl posted:

Just so Musk knows his alleged heroes hate him.

he doesn't care (publicly)

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

he doesn't care (publicly)

The man has the most fragile ego in existence, even if he doesn't show it publicly it's always nice to know he'd be dying inside.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

redshirt posted:

What's more likely:

Or

He's an idiot.
The thing about Musk and Trump is that while they may be spectacularly stupid and inept even by the standards of their class, other than the failed coup attempt, nothing either of them have ddone has been, by and large, outside the realm of "normal" behavior for people of their class. It's just that before the breakdown of social norms and decorum that has been the hallmark of the last 20 years or so, these sorts of people were usually both willing to put forth at least a token effort to conceal their crimes and pretend that they were beholden to the same laws as everyone else, and also were generally outside of the public eye enough that we never really heard about what sheltered idiots they were.

The Emperor has always been naked, it's just the last few years he's started going out on long walks in the town square.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

He's an idiot.
The thing about Musk and Trump is that while they may be spectacularly stupid and inept even by the standards of their class, other than the failed coup attempt, nothing either of them have ddone has been, by and large, outside the realm of "normal" behavior for people of their class. It's just that before the breakdown of social norms and decorum that has been the hallmark of the last 20 years or so, these sorts of people were usually both willing to put forth at least a token effort to conceal their crimes and pretend that they were beholden to the same laws as everyone else, and also were generally outside of the public eye enough that we never really heard about what sheltered idiots they were.

The Emperor has always been naked, it's just the last few years he's started going out on long walks in the town square.

I mean I guess Musk is kind of exceptional in how publicly and desperately he's constantly begging for attention and approval. Most of the ultrarich just leave it to their private coterie of sycophants

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Kit Walker posted:

I mean I guess Musk is kind of exceptional in how publicly and desperately he's constantly begging for attention and approval. Most of the ultrarich just leave it to their private coterie of sycophants

Yeah, fair. But really at the end of the day I think that's the less odious thing about him. Which isn't to say that's not an insufferable trait, but merely to emphasize how utterly loathsome he is overall.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At least panel beaters will get some more work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This would do insane numbers among 19th century monarchs