Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i have knowledge of america's plans for the middle east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wasnt AP caught sanitizing their own articles because it made a few paragraphs rightfully sound like Israel was loving insane and about to take "WW2 measures" on the populace of gaza or was that a different news joint

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

speng31b posted:

seems hard to find any other interpretation than they're just trying to kill as many civilians as they can as quickly as possible

this is 100% what they are doing, in line with all their vicious desire to genocide. I just couldn't help make that link considering they seem to relish in that psychological warfare space. They bomb hospitals after they bomb apartment blocks. They bomb water cisterns after they cut off water supplies, and so on.

Its just one of those things I guess, I dont want to sit here and draw a whole narrative and go nuts over it (and bring others down with that nuttiness). The evil is so plain and all encompassing one can prob draw a whole number of lines. I'm just at a loss.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1715778160418046175

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wasnt AP caught sanitizing their own articles because it made a few paragraphs rightfully sound like Israel was loving insane and about to take "WW2 measures" on the populace of gaza or was that a different news joint

I forget who it was but yeah they had to edit out a bunch of stuff Netanyahu said because it was too openly genocidal

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Look Israel committed more warcrimes that actually were a secret Hamas rocket gone wrong x4

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

speng31b posted:

I forget who it was but yeah they had to edit out a bunch of stuff Netanyahu said because it was too openly genocidal

to be fair, so did the FT and iirc NYT

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, they haven't demonstrated they can adequately protect their own population while seemingly toothless against even irregular forces. They have been bombing civilians because that is all they can do but it isn't changing the situation on the ground; Hamas is still supposedly operating in Israel and drones are being sent into IDF positions well within Israeli territory.

The US is trying to slow this thing down because this is lose/lose for them, they know they aren't in the position for a real war and that the Israelis seem outmatched but they can't control Hezbollah or Iran. They also clearly don't have the force for a ground invasion of Lebanon much less the assets for a real war with Iran.

In the end, Biden didn't need to go to Israel to give a middle finger to the Muslim world, and they didn't need to back up every ridiculous claim the Israelis made and there isn't any easy off ramp. Hezbollah has no reason to give up if their enemies clearly are hapless, and while the civilian toll is only going to increase in Gaza it is only enraging the rest of humanity while not improving their strategic situation.

Not great for the empire

It's genuinely astounding how checkmated Israel is right now, the Iranian played the long game and loving won big time. Israel is cooked.

It's pretty clear at this point, unless I'm wrong (which I never am), everyone is trying to find an offramp and trying to find some way to back down before it's too late.

The arab regimes are scared shitless beyond belief, they have been operating under a self-reinforcing lie that Israel can never be defeated and must be surrendered to, they have based their entire outlook and foreign policies on this, they were certain that the key to fending off Iran and saving their own grip on power from their own populations was through giving israel everything they wanted. now, they're entire world has been shattered, they are facing a reality that not only has their daddy been defeated by the weakest of irans allies, but that Iran is undisputed king poo poo of the hill, and israel cant save them from it, and all of their efforts and illusions that they have built their policies around for the last 20 years has come crashing down, and they know that if a wider war happened they are 1000% cooked.

The Israelis are in a bind, if they back down, they're finished, if they go into gaza, they're finished AND they're gonna kill off a ton of their soldiers and lose an even bigger war. and the fact that america had to mobilize two fleet carrier groups to try and protect them and sabre rattle hezbollah is a shocking display of lack of faith that the israelis can actually help themselves at all.

the US has essentially mag-dumped all of their foreign policy and diplomatic cards and have sacrificed any and all credibility as a government and their entire media over this, they poo poo the bed bigtime and poo poo on their allies who they led into a normalization pact with israel in. I mean maybe that was the plan all along and they just want a giant war with Iran, but according to reports from several news sites they're only now realizing the scale of the disaster that awaits them if they go on this route and maybe are looking for a way out.

it's insane, it really is weeks that will define the next century.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

speng31b posted:

seems hard to find any other interpretation than they're just trying to kill as many civilians as they can as quickly as possible

It is the only way they can claim a "win" by saying they killed more than Hamas did, I am sure they want at least a 10 to 1 ratio. Their goal is terror, but if Hamas and Hezbollah is still actively fighting them, and possibly even taking better trades, it simply makes them look cruel but ultimately toothless in a real strategic sense.

The Israeli airforce also by concentrating so much on Gaza clearly is limiting its capabilities elsewhere. The air raids during the 2006 war were massive.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

RC Cola posted:

Look Israel committed more warcrimes that actually were a secret Hamas rocket gone wrong x4

rocket involved war crimes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bet you anything some Stingers from Ukraine get some frags on the Israeli Air Force

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

He's got some interviews with kids on his channel, don't recommend people click through and scroll too far down lol

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1715701450343391593

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1715662832849527082

i know god is not listening but i don't know who else to ask to protect these children. please protest if you can, donate to whoever is actually allowed to provide aid if you can. don't know what else to say

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

western media is entirely compromised

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Israel had a few spokesmen go on BBC and the like saying things like "Look, you guys did Dresden, we get to do a Dresden as a treat." and I think some of that got washed away from the other reporting.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

It's genuinely astounding how checkmated Israel is right now, the Iranian played the long game and loving won big time. Israel is cooked.

It's pretty clear at this point, unless I'm wrong (which I never am), everyone is trying to find an offramp and trying to find some way to back down before it's too late.

The arab regimes are scared shitless beyond belief, they have been operating under a self-reinforcing lie that Israel can never be defeated and must be surrendered to, they have based their entire outlook and foreign policies on this, they were certain that the key to fending off Iran and saving their own grip on power from their own populations was through giving israel everything they wanted. now, they're entire world has been shattered, they are facing a reality that not only has their daddy been defeated by the weakest of irans allies, but that Iran is undisputed king poo poo of the hill, and israel cant save them from it, and all of their efforts and illusions that they have built their policies around for the last 20 years has come crashing down, and they know that if a wider war happened they are 1000% cooked.

The Israelis are in a bind, if they back down, they're finished, if they go into gaza, they're finished AND they're gonna kill off a ton of their soldiers and lose an even bigger war. and the fact that america had to mobilize two fleet carrier groups to try and protect them and sabre rattle hezbollah is a shocking display of lack of faith that the israelis can actually help themselves at all.

the US has essentially mag-dumped all of their foreign policy and diplomatic cards and have sacrificed any and all credibility as a government and their entire media over this, they poo poo the bed bigtime and poo poo on their allies who they led into a normalization pact with israel in. I mean maybe that was the plan all along and they just want a giant war with Iran, but according to reports from several news sites they're only now realizing the scale of the disaster that awaits them if they go on this route and maybe are looking for a way out.

it's insane, it really is weeks that will define the next century.

blessed

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Zodium posted:

don't want to see any more americans unless they're taking a stand against the israeli genocide of palestinians.

I support the spirit and intent of the burger ban, but considering that

1.) The US government will not be forthcoming with any such show of solidarity with the Palestinian people

and

2.) The US govt. is the critical pillar upon which the genocidal ethnostate of israel depends, and the only means by which its useless meathead inhabitants can exert any power on their surroundings,

It is maybe a bit much to burgerpurge any posting that simply highlights the latest obscene statement by the US govt re: I/P.

You have to let us balance being depressed and outraged over the plight of the Palestinians with the requisite amount of hatred and disgust for Israel and it's supporters.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Buddykins posted:

ugh my soul is dying inside me lol

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Lets see if any of those Iranian surface to air missiles made it to Lebanon, they are in Syria...

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Death By The Blues posted:

Hezbollah 2nd in command secretary general with some tough talk and they are attacking even more Israeli sites

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1715723965128167849

https://twitter.com/ME_Observer_/status/1715722412916937075

Hezbollah has stopped hitting the snooze button is now just reading his phone in bed.

Someone bring him some coffee

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Fascism will come and it will be scored by Kevin Macleod

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

rocket involved war crimes

israel involved bombing raids

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I think everyone is looking for an off ramp besides Israel, because both Netanyahu and the Israeli state/IDF are massive losers from this and I think there is still some hope on their part they can turn it around by bombing Gaza some more and trying to show some "results."

Hezbollah is slowly ramping things up but they probably don't want to fully commit until they know the Israeli air force is mostly spent and the US isn't going to intervene.

The US obviously doesn't want to intervene but they can't just let the Israelis collapse.

It seems no one is really that happy with the situation but history isn't built on happiness.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Morbus posted:

Hezbollah has stopped hitting the snooze button is now just reading his phone in bed.

Someone bring him some coffee

getting the briki ready, serving it with a couple of pieces of mom's baklava. Should get them nice and ready.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Death By The Blues posted:

Genocidal Zionists dropped 4 bombs on that busy market apparently guess one horrific massacre wasn't enough

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1715776747679998346

Death to Israel, death to amerikkka.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

let the cringe flow through you:

quote:

European Council President Charles Michel said the main goal of the summit was "to listen to each other".

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Ardennes posted:

I think everyone is looking for an off ramp besides Israel, because both Netanyahu and the Israeli state/IDF are massive losers from this and I think there is still some hope on their part they can turn it around by bombing Gaza some more and trying to show some "results."

Hezbollah is slowly ramping things up but they probably don't want to fully commit until they know the Israeli air force is mostly spent and the US isn't going to intervene.

The US obviously doesn't want to intervene but they can't just let the Israelis collapse.

It seems no one is really that happy with the situation but history isn't built on happiness.

welcome to the 'find out' century

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Good drat America, and Israel
https://twitter.com/Timesofgaza/status/1715783997358293378?s=20

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

He's got some interviews with kids on his channel, don't recommend people click through and scroll too far down lol

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1715701450343391593

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1715662832849527082

jesus loving christ the resolve on these kids, especially the second obviously. they'll be lucky to not be unbelievably hosed up when they're older. awful poo poo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

listen egypt I know you arent really serious and want just to make fancy summits to make it look like you're doing something but maybe you'll have a better luck if you dont invite the whites.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Agrajag posted:

i didnt even know us troops were still in iraq god drat iraq get your poo poo together and toss em out like what the taliban did

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

If it look like America is about to intervene China should muster troops in fujian

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

someone explain if this is good or bad or just weird

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1715782946630590507

also: Hinkle cashing in on his fairweather Anti-Zionism

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Al-Saqr is back and not head mod of d&d? Come on, now, we deserve this.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Is there anything interpretive dance CAN'T solve?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

webcams for christ posted:

someone explain if this is good or bad or just weird

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1715782946630590507

probably got tired of charade why did they even invite these freaks from the west

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Al-Saqr is back and not head mod of d&d? Come on, now, we deserve this.

If I ever become head mod I'm shutting down both D&D and C-Spam and replace them with links to the games-workshop online store, followed by coordinates to a big tabletop gaming tournament and whoever wins gets to re-open the sub-forums and be head mod of them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Was it Qatar, or the UAE that was doing the West's bidding with normalization?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

you can't make me rebuild my ork army, i dont have the cash or time anymore. Closest I can do is play total warhammer, which is on the backburner while i munch on AC 6 rn cuz From don't miss.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Al-Saqr posted:

If I ever become head mod I'm shutting down both D&D and C-Spam and replace them with links to the games-workshop online store, followed by coordinates to a big tabletop gaming tournament and whoever wins gets to re-open the sub-forums and be head mod of them.

Question stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1715786515396083807